Seabourn Encore Recollections

sail1658

After a year of lockdown without travel and cruising it's starting to look like our next cruise experience is moving further and further into the future.  So the only way I'm able to cope is by watching some of our cruise videos whilst enjoying a glass of wine.

I've loaded a number of them onto my YouTube channel  - Cruise Video Memories so that I can watch them on my laptop and TV without looking for the DVDs. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A/featured

The most recent one I watched was Seabourn Encore. It was a day at sea and the Captain's Welcome Party with cruise director,  Ross Roberts in the Club.  It seems strange looking at past cruises now, when you think how we took travel and cruising so much for granted. We marvel at a cocktail party, with no social distancing, no masks, a full restaurant and front row seats at a show, and dancing in a club!!!  It's like looking back at a bygone golden era. 

So we have to hope we'll get back to that golden era very soon, but until then we just have to be content with our memories.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

You really captured the essence of sailing on Seabourn 

Thanks for these kind words. We need to be content with the essence at present until we can experience the real thing!

I am editing my videos to focus on the ship and destinations and make them more watchable – hopefully!

On 3/24/2021 at 2:43 PM, sail1658 said:

So we have to hope we'll get back to that golden era very soon, but until then we just have to be content with our memories.

I appreciate your efforts.  Thank you!  As one who hopes to sail on Seabourn soon, your videos only whet my desire to do so!

Thanks, rkacruiser, for this comment.

It's still a work in progress and there's lots more in the pipeline for Seabourn and Silversea, as well as more vintage memories from 1989 onwards! But once we tried Seabourn or Silversea, it spoils you and we've found it difficult to go back to other cruise lines.

But then again, at present, we'd be happy just to be sailing on anything!

• Like 1

My husband is a keen mountain biker as is Captain DB. He has taken his mountain bike on 2 Seabourn cruises (the third passenger 😁) and both times they have got into in-depth 'riding' conversations whilst the tender was waiting to leave. Very nice man.

I've now uploaded another Seabourn Encore video and it feels like looking back at a bygone golden era. It almost seems like something I'd imagined, except I recorded it.

Our day in the Retreat was just the two of us as we were in port. So we felt like VIPs with unlimited Moet Chandon and the two to one service ratio. Then we loved our dinner in the Thomas Keller Restaurant followed by dancing under the stars at the deck party. 

The next day's lunch around the pool was prepared by the chef and later we enjoyed dinner in the Colonnade watching the wake of the ship as the sun was setting.

Looking at past cruises now, we feel that we took travel and cruising so much for granted with so many amazing experiences. So it's really good to relive them.

So we all hope we'll get back to that golden era very soon, but until then we just have to be content with our memories.

I've now uploaded another Seabourn Encore video of one of the most amazing evening sailaways we've ever experienced. 

We were leaving Cartagena, Spain with a Classical concert given by the Seabourn singers around the swimming pool. The sun was setting on a warm balmy evening with champagne and caviar, not to mention the luxury vodkas! 

That's a magical memory I can't wait to repeat, but have to be content with reliving it for now.

• Like 1