Danube, early vs late September.

RNCheryl

We are ready to pull the plug for a Tauck cruise September 2022.  We have decided we want a category 6 cabin.  Dates available are September 5 and September 26.  Cost is the same.

Any weather/precipitation/river level concerns one vs the other?

Not really much difference between the two. End of September you have of course less daylight, check the hours of sunlight if you would like to see if it makes a difference to you. The nights are cooler later in September and depending on where you travel you may get more rain. Again, check that, perhaps on AccuWeather.

River levels on the Danube are an issue, more end of September than beginning of September but to give you more info, may I ask which start and end ports you are looking at?

notamermaid

A few years ago, we did a Scenic cruise from Budapest to Nuremberg Sept 13-20 and it was COLD. I think we sat on the outside deck once. Everyone was wearing jackets and wrapped up in blankets. We love to sit outside/on our balcony and it was just too cold to do that. 

My parents went on a cruise 2 weeks later and had beautiful weather. 

Txmom1

Is it that you disembark in Vilshofen, with a coach trip to Regensburg and later Prague? That should be relatively fine, as the most notorious stretch for low water is Vilshofen to Straubing (which is direction Regensburg) which you will not be sailing on the ship then. All of your itinerary can still have low water problems but the risk is much lower than Vilshofen to Straubing. I cannot give details as it varies from year to year but for river levels I cannot see much difference in the risk with either date.

notamermaid