Jump to content

Apex


lynn2002
 Share

Recommended Posts

For those booked on the Apex this summer, I have been informed by Celebrity that we shall be receiving an email within the next few hours.

 

When I asked whether it had been cancelled as I could no longer see it sailing the Med on the website, she just repeated that she could not say anything but to wait for the email.

 

Doesn't sound good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Well, we could wish that for nearly everywhere, couldn’t we?

Yes of course that is a general wish.  But I am referring to countries that will be on the front lines of the cruising restart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had email. Originally booked direct with Celebrity. They have moved us onto shortened sailing. Rearranged flights. Cruise fare will be reduced in proportion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Just had email. Originally booked direct with Celebrity. They have moved us onto shortened sailing. Rearranged flights. Cruise fare will be reduced in proportion. 

Any heads up on what the pricing may be like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder what this means for the Oct. transatlantic, if it will start in Athens now instead of Barcelona. Most likely it will be cancelled and ship will sail back with just  crew. Only time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Poconolady said:

Wonder what this means for the Oct. transatlantic, if it will start in Athens now instead of Barcelona. Most likely it will be cancelled and ship will sail back with just  crew. Only time will tell.

We're hoping the Apex TA is just ported out of Athens now instead of Barcelona. That's our hope anyway as it is scheduled to arrive back in the US on Nov 4th, after the CDC CSO has expired. But, you're right, time will tell.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were on the Apex TA in Oct 21 but could not wait so moved to Infinity BCN to VCE in May 22. Needed an accessible cabin for 3. Used a FCC on Royal from the cancelled Oct 20 TA and booked Vision OTS FLL to BCN TA with a couple of days in Barcelona between cruises.

 

Just wasn't going to play the cancel after final payment game this time. Especially with the cabin type we need. Hope they still sail the TA. Best guess is an Athens to BCN cruise followed by the TA if the CDC doesn't extend the no cruise over 7 days with a US port restriction beyond 1 Nov.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...