Jump to content

Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?


Recommended Posts

Yep we jumped in on Cyprus yesterday - as there are no back to backs on this one and seemingly no savings if you did your own flights we went with the package - booked 2 sailings... come home for 3 weeks after first and then go back for a second round of the Mythos!!!!
 

We just need to get vaccinated now... and figure out what if anything else we will need.... has anyone gained any intel about what RC are planning for the flights? We heard a rumour that RC were chartering their own flights but we know how reliable rumours on social media are...!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a no brainer compared to the crazy Anthem prices... 

Jewel 7 nights Cyprus and Greek Isles £819 including flights and transfers

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Yep we jumped in on Cyprus yesterday - as there are no back to backs on this one and seemingly no savings if you did your own flights we went with the package - booked 2 sailings... come home for 3 weeks after first and then go back for a second round of the Mythos!!!!
 

We just need to get vaccinated now... and figure out what if anything else we will need.... has anyone gained any intel about what RC are planning for the flights? We heard a rumour that RC were chartering their own flights but we know how reliable rumours on social media are...!

I’m guessing that if RCI have sufficient numbers from each airport they will charter aircraft. I do hope so as otherwise they tend to route via scheduled indirect flights eg Manchester to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Venice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I’m guessing that if RCI have sufficient numbers from each airport they will charter aircraft. I do hope so as otherwise they tend to route via scheduled indirect flights eg Manchester to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Venice.

What about cheap flights direct to Cyprus on Easy Jet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I’m guessing that if RCI have sufficient numbers from each airport they will charter aircraft. I do hope so as otherwise they tend to route via scheduled indirect flights eg Manchester to Amsterdam and then Amsterdam to Venice.

Yep we hope it’s a direct charter! The huge benefit of the CWC terms as they stand now is that if the flights look truly awful it’s possible to walk away and get FCCs.... altho we did spot in very small print on the ATOL certificate we got today from RC for our bookings that they are only committing to confirm flight details a minimum of 30 days before the sailing.... ie well after final balance payment is due.... somethings never change for RC eh!

Edited by BigRoger
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just booked this cruise for 23 October 2021, good price at £732pp inside stateroom including flights from Birmingham (which are normally very expensive) and transfers. I was told RCL were chartering flights unless my TA just assumed.

Won’t get too excited in case it doesn’t happen, (three cancelled for us already)  but 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, icsys said:

Its a no brainer compared to the crazy Anthem prices... 

Jewel 7 nights Cyprus and Greek Isles £819 including flights and transfers

I know what you mean. I spent 4 months in cyprus from Oct last year to feb this year. The price is fab compared to UK staycations. Although the weather in cyprus from Oct onwards, lots of Thunder storms and rain sadly

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I know what you mean. I spent 4 months in cyprus from Oct-Feb last year. The price is fab compared to UK staycations. Although the weather in cyprus from Oct onwards, lots of Thunder storms and rain sadly

 

We've been on several Greek isles cruises during October (sailing from Venice) luckily the weather has been great (with the exception of Venice) every time.

This one from Cyprus is booked for mid September 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all your faults!!    I left off reading this thread to look at the Royal Caribbean site......and finished up booking for mid September😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, suekay said:

It's all your faults!!    I left off reading this thread to look at the Royal Caribbean site......and finished up booking for mid September😀

Maybe time to ‘when in Greece...’ and smash a few plates.... in celebration or anger!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Yep we jumped in on Cyprus yesterday - as there are no back to backs on this one and seemingly no savings if you did your own flights we went with the package - booked 2 sailings... come home for 3 weeks after first and then go back for a second round of the Mythos!!!!
 

We just need to get vaccinated now... and figure out what if anything else we will need.... has anyone gained any intel about what RC are planning for the flights? We heard a rumour that RC were chartering their own flights but we know how reliable rumours on social media are...!

 

Did they give a reason why they aren't allowing b2b's on this? It seems b2b's are allowed on Adventure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 7:31 PM, Notts1964 said:

Just booked this cruise for 23 October 2021, good price at £732pp inside stateroom including flights from Birmingham (which are normally very expensive) and transfers. I was told RCL were chartering flights unless my TA just assumed.

Won’t get too excited in case it doesn’t happen, (three cancelled for us already)  but 🤞

If RCI can fill a charter  flight that’s what they will do as will no doubt be cheaper than using scheduled carriers. RCI usually use Jet2 from Manchester but for a late August cruise on Rhapsody that I have booked ( even though I am pretty certain Rhapsody will not sail in the Med this Summer ) the flights have been allocated as Manchester to Amsterdam on KLM and then Amsterdam to Venice on KLM . By contrast Azamara usually give us BA from Manchester to Heathrow and then BA to Nice or Barcelona.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumped on this the day they released the itineraries.  My TA said that Americans can book so I'm hoping it will be fine.  We are both fully vaccinated and ready to go.  Booked for September 18th and got an aft Jr suite.  After five cancellations we are ready.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2021 at 10:50 PM, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

If RCI can fill a charter  flight that’s what they will do as will no doubt be cheaper than using scheduled carriers. RCI usually use Jet2 from Manchester but for a late August cruise on Rhapsody that I have booked ( even though I am pretty certain Rhapsody will not sail in the Med this Summer ) the flights have been allocated as Manchester to Amsterdam on KLM and then Amsterdam to Venice on KLM . By contrast Azamara usually give us BA from Manchester to Heathrow and then BA to Nice or Barcelona.

I’m also wishing Rhapsody will be cancelled so I can book a Jewel instead. 
For the first time ever I booked one of those packages with flights, 1n hotel and cruise via a nation TA here so no idea whether they will honour CwC or hit us with cancellation penalties.  We are booked on BA direct from LHR.

Currently I have zero interest in sailing from Italy with the EUs appalling vaccine roll out! 

Edited by little britain
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shopnagain said:

Jumped on this the day they released the itineraries.  My TA said that Americans can book so I'm hoping it will be fine.  We are both fully vaccinated and ready to go.  Booked for September 18th and got an aft Jr suite.  After five cancellations we are ready.  

We are currently riding multiple horses... and trying to play poker with the various options and Covid requirements... we have Rhapsody (in July) but expect that to be cancelled (not expecting it come to across) or for us not be able to get in to Italy... early Autumn we have both Harmony in the Med and Jewel from Cyprus booked for roughly the same time... we’ll make a call on which ones (if any!!) when we get closer to final payment and get CWC FCCs for abandoned sailings...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Rhapsody booked for 21st August which is a L&S from August 2020. I think there is next to zero chance of Rhapsody sailing from Italy this Summer and so booked Jewel from Cyprus on the 31st July. Just hoping that there will be sufficient numbers booked from Manchester to merit a charter flight rather than an indirect scheduled flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BigRoger said:

We are currently riding multiple horses... and trying to play poker with the various options and Covid requirements... we have Rhapsody (in July) but expect that to be cancelled (not expecting it come to across) or for us not be able to get in to Italy... early Autumn we have both Harmony in the Med and Jewel from Cyprus booked for roughly the same time... we’ll make a call on which ones (if any!!) when we get closer to final payment and get CWC FCCs for abandoned sailings...

Are you coming from the US as well?  Flight costs were crazy!  We booked through Air2Sea and the cheapest option was $1200 per person!  My TA said she expects RC to release more as it gets closer.  We have Harmony Med booked for July, just made final payment so I expect them to cancel that any day now! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on this cruise in a Js booked with a well know ta , have just received an advertisement for 3 royal cruises from same ta so checked the price’s of Js,s and was surprised in the conditions it says 2 jabs required withln14 days of travel but what got my attention was cruise only with uk residents only in conditions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nicben said:

We are on this cruise in a Js booked with a well know ta , have just received an advertisement for 3 royal cruises from same ta so checked the price’s of Js,s and was surprised in the conditions it says 2 jabs required withln14 days of travel but what got my attention was cruise only with uk residents only in conditions 

That’s why they are doing the flight bubble thing? I noticed it said if you don’t book their flights they will contact you to find out your travel plans. Taking no chances! 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that there is now a flash sale on Jewel of the Seas but having done a dummy booking it’s £81 more expensive than last week as it doesn’t give a C&A balcony discount and in addition  there is also no $100obc. Not much of a flash sale then !

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I see that there is now a flash sale on Jewel of the Seas but having done a dummy booking it’s £81 more expensive than last week as it doesn’t give a C&A balcony discount and in addition  there is also no $100obc. Not much of a flash sale then !

Drat 🤦‍♀️_ should have booked last week!  
#winsomelosesome 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nicben said:

We are on this cruise in a Js booked with a well know ta , have just received an advertisement for 3 royal cruises from same ta so checked the price’s of Js,s and was surprised in the conditions it says 2 jabs required withln14 days of travel but what got my attention was cruise only with uk residents only in conditions 

Not sure about that.  I have my booking confirmation right in front of me, along with my booking for airfare through Air2Sea.  Not sure why RC would sell this to Americans if they were only planning to sail with UK residents.  I'm fully vaccinated and have been for a month now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nicben said:

I would send photo of the conditions but I don’t know how copy the photo I took on this forum 

Below is what shows up on my booking confirmation.  

Important Travel Notice

Prior to booking, please consult all applicable U.S. Centers for Disease Control travel advisories, warnings, or recommendations relating to cruise travel, at http://cdc.gov/travel/notices. If a certain threshold level of COVID-19 is detected onboard the ship during your voyage, the voyage will end immediately, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel, including your return home, may be restricted or delayed. Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.

 
VACCINE REQUIREMENT
Adult guests onboard this sailing must present proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Guests under the age of 18 will need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...