41 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can anyone please tell me what the Diamond discount is when booking an MSC cruise.

Many thanks

I believe it is 5% after you have entered your membership number 

Do you have to book direct with them to get the other discount. Our deposit is tied up with a travel agent for a cruise in June but now this wont go ahead so we need to move our deposit to a cruise in June 2022 so we dont lose our deposit.

38 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I wasn't even aware that MSC offered a discount to Diamond members. 

The discount is for any level of Voyager Club membership i.e. from Classic through to the top level which is Diamond. The discount available does not change as you progress through the loyalty levels.

4 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Do you have to book direct with them to get the other discount. Our deposit is tied up with a travel agent for a cruise in June but now this wont go ahead so we need to move our deposit to a cruise in June 2022 so we dont lose our deposit.

Your voyagers club discount can be applied with TA reservation. Ours just puts our number in when booking and discount shows up.

What does not show up is the additional 5%+10%+15% voyagers club selections for additional discount.

you have to look it up on website under cruise deals and click on % discounts. We found one listed but MSC insists it is NOT a 5%+ discount cruise.

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

I wasn't even aware that MSC offered a discount to Diamond members. 

For all those who have any level of voyagers club membership.

1 hour ago, phissy said:

For all those who have any level of voyagers club membership.

We're Diamond, and my most recent reservation doesn't show any type of discount. Not that I can see anyway. 

We're Diamond, and my most recent reservation doesn't show any type of discount. Not that I can see anyway. 

You need to ask for it, ridiculous I know but that's the way it goes with MSC.

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

The discount is for any level of Voyager Club membership i.e. from Classic through to the top level which is Diamond. The discount available does not change as you progress through the loyalty levels.

Not any more sadly.

4 hours ago, jules815 said:

It will not show up in paperwork. The way to see it is, go to MSC site and enter search info for your cruise. Click through to date, stateroom type selected and cruise fare will show at bottom of page. Go back and enter your Voyagers member number before selecting cabin type. The discounted price will show after select same cabin group. 
example.. no voyagers number entered at stateroom selection area.

Meraviglia-Nov 6, 2021-YC deluxe suite -$5474.

After entering voyagers  number

members price under YC deluxe suite is now $5225.10.

it will them look like regular reservation in your account with cruises listed.

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Not any more sadly.

What does this mean?

Did it used to be that you received a higher discount as you progressed up the ladder?

gary

6 hours ago, gtaylor said:

What does this mean?

Did it used to be that you received a higher discount as you progressed up the ladder?

gary

Correct. Diamond or black as it was then received a higher discount. There was a sliding scare of the discount depending on your membership level. It was a true loyalty bonus.  Unfortunately, with the status match program this disappeared. 

8 hours ago, gtaylor said:

What does this mean?

gary

Black card members received 20% of their cruises, I think Gold was 10% and Silver 5%, as CF says it was scrapped when MSC changed from a Loyalty Club to the current system of 5% across the board.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 2:33 AM, jules815 said:

Ask and you shall receive.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, drsel said:

Ask and you shall receive.

MSC only shows the Discounted Price after you have selected your cruise date/Category  and press the selected tab  and then entered your voyages number.  

If you do a dummy booking without entering your voyages number you will see the higher price.

The discount is not shown separately. 

Edited by LifeonMars
4 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

MSC only shows the Discounted Price after you have selected your cruise date/Category  and press the selected tab  and then entered your voyages number.  

If you do a dummy booking without entering your voyages number you will see the higher price.

The discount is not shown separately. 

Getting ready to call MSC about a discount. I did a mock booking for our cruise without logging in, then did one while logged in, and the prices didn't change. 

58 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Getting ready to call MSC about a discount. I did a mock booking for our cruise without logging in, then did one while logged in, and the prices didn't change. 

Possible website glitch.

Definitely a glitch. Just tried again, and discount applied.

If you enter your voyages club number you will see the discounted price.

However, a Us travel agent will get you not only the 5 + 5% discount but an additional 8 to 10% discount on the basic fare out of their commission

For example assume your basic fare is 1000, while port fees and taxes are 200.

MSC Voyagers club discount is 5 + 5%, not 10% (a slight difference)

After the first 5% discount your fare goes down to 950 and after the second 5% discount it  becomes 902.50.

On this 902.50 a US TA can give you an additional 8 to 10% discount.

If they choose to give you 10% (out of their maximum of 16% commission), your fare reduces to 812.25 + 200 port fees and taxes, which will not change

In addition to this discount, gold and diamond members get $50 OBC per person for an inside cabin and $100 OBC per person for higher category cabins

3 hours ago, drsel said:

In addition to this discount, gold and diamond members get $50 OBC per person for an inside cabin and $100 OBC per person for higher category cabins

Correction.

Silver, Gold and Diamond members get $50 OBC per member, not per cabin.

Not to be applied to all cabin occupants that are not Silver, Gold or Diamond members.

Does not matter what type of cabin is reserved.

$400 promo does  include language  "up to $400" OBC, depending on what type of cabin is booked.

2 hours ago, phissy said:

Correction.

Silver, Gold and Diamond members get $50 OBC per member, not per cabin.

Not to be applied to all cabin occupants that are not Silver, Gold or Diamond members.

Does not matter what type of cabin is reserved.

$400 promo does  include language  "up to $400" OBC, depending on what type of cabin is booked.

The extra obc is not for every cruise. I have one next march from abu dhabi where it is not included.