any chance cdc will lift ban before november?

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If this was possible to get that to happen, this would have been done before getting all these out of the country ports involved.

Because if they opened up sailings now in Florida, all those people in the past 2 days that booked would jump ship.

Take it for what's it worth but at this times sailings aren't happening in Florida until after November 1st at the earliest.

I would not "jump ship" as you say.  I am thrilled and so thankful that Bahamas agreed to allow cruising and because of that, I want to support them.  So while cruising from FL is easier - I would still be super happy with the cruise I booked!

Wow!  Cant we have a conversation about a topic we all love without political overtones taking over?

If we can't keep focus on thing we all agree, and not keep going back to things that divide us, we should just run up the white flag and declare the United States of America a failed experiment!

I, for one who has a cruise booked in November, am hopeful.

7 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hmmm then perhaps sail out of Texas? "After two weeks of lifting its mask mandate and allowing businesses to open at full capacity, Texas is not seeing a surge of new COVID-19 cases."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-surge-in-covid-two-weeks-after-mask-mandate-lifted-in-texas_3750083.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub

Yep.  Just had Spring Break all along the coast.  South Padre, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, GLAVESTON........new cases AND total cases are still dropping....and dropping quick.  

IMHO. The CDC will not give an OK to sail until November....just because they are upset at people trying pressure them. The government will show those deployable and Neanderthal people who is boss.

8 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Hmmm then perhaps sail out of Texas? "After two weeks of lifting its mask mandate and allowing businesses to open at full capacity, Texas is not seeing a surge of new COVID-19 cases."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-surge-in-covid-two-weeks-after-mask-mandate-lifted-in-texas_3750083.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=digitalsub

Yep.  Just had Spring Break all along the coast.  South Padre, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, GLAVESTON........new cases AND hospitalizations are still dropping....and dropping quick.

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They did. Said another possible surge. Are you ready?  They have been saying this all along. 

M8

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, etc etc. Never happened. But the media blows it off to move onto the next "surge."

There will be enough vaccine in the US to jab everyone who wants one by the end of May. Herd immunity will be effect by then. The Dr. Fauci does not seem to count the people who have already had the virus in his calculations. We keep hearing about variants, but so far the present vaccines are able to handle them. I see no reason the sailings from the US ports should commence by August. Just a common sense approach There was a nice article in the Wall Street Journal about vaccinated seniors  'gone wild'...eating out, traveling, seeing other seniors and family. Their kids are trying to keep them from doing that....good luck!. 

16 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

IMHO. The CDC will not give an OK to sail until November....just because they are upset at people trying pressure them. The government will show those deployable and Neanderthal people who is boss.

Free country is laughable. 

2 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

There will be enough vaccine in the US to jab everyone who wants one by the end of May. Herd immunity will be effect by then. The Dr. Fauci does not seem to count the people who have already had the virus in his calculations. We keep hearing about variants, but so far the present vaccines are able to handle them. I see no reason the sailings from the US ports should commence by August. Just a common sense approach There was a nice article in the Wall Street Journal about vaccinated seniors  'gone wild'...eating out, traveling, seeing other seniors and family. Their kids are trying to keep them from doing that....good luck!. 

We were all told we would be free once we had a vaccine but now it is variants, transmission even if you have the vac, infection still possible, wear a mask still, etc, etc. Gotta control you.   

5 hours ago, RoyalC said:

We were all told we would be free once we had a vaccine but now it is variants, transmission even if you have the vac, infection still possible, wear a mask still, etc, etc. Gotta control you.   

Control is what it's all about.  CDC is no different when it comes to control

17 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I must ask, having said all that, are you a no masker, one masker, or two masker?

I am whatever my team of physicians tell me I am. I do what they advise me to do. I trust their advice far more than a bunch of immunologist wannabes on a cruise board (not you) 🤣

I also have this crazy group of family and friends that know this virus pretty intimately as they have to come up with the vaccines to combat it. They are pretty vocal with their knowledge and nag, nag, nag...a lot.

2 minutes ago, cured said:

I am whatever my team of physicians tell me I am. I do what they advise me to do. I trust their advice far more than a bunch of immunologist wannabes on a cruise board (not you) 🤣

I also have this crazy group of family and friends that know this virus pretty intimately as they have to come up with the vaccines to combat it. They are pretty vocal with their knowledge and nag, nag, nag...a lot.

So you have a mix of maskers. Lol

23 hours ago, island lady said:

November resume is fine with me....next cruise booked for us is November 28th.  😉  

But, what if the Conditional Sail Order is allowed to expire November 1st, but the CDC gives no advance warning of that so the cruise lines will be counting down the hours October 31st to see if it expires or not. If that's the case, it might be 60-90 days before the cruise lines are ready to sail again, since they say that's the required preparation time.

I have and early December cruise and that's my worry. Royal may be better prepared than other lines since they'll already have some ships crewed and operating. But would they immediately yank the scheduled and booked cruises Bahamas and Bermuda cruises to come back to Florida? 

7 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

But, what if the Conditional Sail Order is allowed to expire November 1st, but the CDC gives no advance warning of that so the cruise lines will be counting down the hours October 31st to see if it expires or not. If that's the case, it might be 60-90 days before the cruise lines are ready to sail again, since they say that's the required preparation time.

I have and early December cruise and that's my worry. Royal may be better prepared than other lines since they'll already have some ships crewed and operating. But would they immediately yank the scheduled and booked cruises Bahamas and Bermuda cruises to come back to Florida? 

I have a November 28 Oasis cruise booked that was a L&S,  I hope I can sail, but if it doesn't happen I'm not losing any sleep over it.  I assume Royal will simply let me do another L&S and I can live with that.

I don't have to make final payment until mid August and I won't do any air until after that.  Worse case scenario is we will fly to Florida and spend a week down there.

18 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

But, what if the Conditional Sail Order is allowed to expire November 1st, but the CDC gives no advance warning of that so the cruise lines will be counting down the hours October 31st to see if it expires or not

I thought that the CDC had to give 60 days notice if they were going to end the CSO?

Then again the CDC has said it's not their decision on when to end their own CSO.

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought that the CDC had to give 60 days notice if they were going to end the CSO?

Then again the CDC has said it's not their decision on when to end their own CSO.

Hadn't heard that. If so, that makes things better. The only thing I see in the CSO about it ending is this, though I admit I haven't gone through it with a fine toothed comb:

This Order is effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) November 1, 2021.

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

It is what it is. Not under our control.  

After 28 cruises cancelled on me since the outbreak and shut down due to Covid...I am numb to more cancellations.  😮 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Hadn't heard that. If so, that makes things better. The only thing I see in the CSO about it ending is this, though I admit I haven't gone through it with a fine toothed comb:

This Order is effective upon signature and shall remain in effect until the earliest of (1) the expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency; (2) the CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations; or (3) November 1, 2021.

The current declaration was renewed on January 21, 2021. It is due to expire on April 21, 2021.  If it is not renewed, we are no longer considered to be in a public health emergency and that which is the Conditional Sailing Order goes away. "poof"  The declaration must be reviewed at minimum every three months.

Edited by MaritimeR&R
22 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

The current declaration was renewed on January 21, 2021. It is due to expire on April 21, 2021.  If it is not renewed, we are no longer considered to be in a public health emergency and that which is the Conditional Sailing Order goes away. "poof"  The declaration must be reviewed at minimum every three months.

All true, but I was commenting on smokeybandit saying the CDC had to give 60 days notice if they were going to end the CSO.

As far as the declaration of a public health emergency goes, yes, that is another route to reopening. But unless the CDC and it's parent organization, the Department of Health and Human Services, are in total disagreement, I don't see the Secretary of HHS allowing the health emergency expire in April when vaccinations won't have even opened to everyone yet in some places at that time, much less enough be vaccinated to lift it. July 21st there will be another chance, and by then it's realistic. If not, by October 21 I think there is a very good chance the Secretary will allow the public health emergency order to expire. I'd guess he could also lift it any time in between if he wanted to, but I don't know that for a fact.

Still, October 21st wouldn't be much warning to get cruises operating in November.

Any opinion on this topic is purely speculation and wishful thinking.  But we must abide by our original plan.  Sailing in September until told otherwise.

CDC is a government agency. There is no pressure on them to do anything. Folks that work there are collecting paychecks and benefits higher that the private sector. It is a waste of time to think they care about the cruise industry. Nothing will change. It is a fundamental flaw for  a governmental agency such as the CDC to regulate the private sector such as cruise lines. They are are not in touch with the private sector at all.

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

Folks that work there are collecting paychecks and benefits higher that the private sector.

Benefits yes, not salary though. But they collect that salary with really no oversight. A useless employee doesn't get fired, just transferred to another department.

19 hours ago, JToftheSeas said:

Yep.  Just had Spring Break all along the coast.  South Padre, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas, GLAVESTON........new cases AND hospitalizations are still dropping....and dropping quick.

Part of the issue there is you need to go out two weeks before the numbers start to rise. The other problem is that the numbers are reported in their home county,  So it may not appear that local numbers are rising. I live in a winter Resort area. Our numbers have been green for months. However, every restaurant has had to close at times for covid outbreaks but none of the numbers get reported locally they all get reported in person's home district.