Jump to content

Royal Caribbean temporarily suspends certain Crown and Anchor Society benefits for health reasons


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I cruised as often as you do then I probably, too, would not feel the need to maximize the first day aboard.

 

We arrived after cabins opened. Don't like hauling carry on around. CK/SL rectified that

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

With the money saving cuts they could cut that one also. Don’t know what they will blame that one on.

 

Wash bottles and they could/will be wearing a mask. No different than the crew rolling the silverware in napkins among other things.

I have no plan or insight on what Royal plans to do or how they plan to run their ships/business . Maybe you should suggest these things to MB or Mr Fain. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nanwel said:

Yes, I have been there - Many times. last time I went to the Ritz hotel in March 2 years ago - they let me hold my luggage and use the pool - bought a drink and lunch for me and family - then taxi to ship. 

We did that in a hotel in San Juan but now we are in different times. Hotels may have capacity issues and want everyone out A.S.A.P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

The scheduled boarding times are a challenge for those of us with hotel check-out times. We would want the late morning or very early afternoon boarding times and those would go fast.

 

I was thinking the same thing. What if hotel checkout is 11:00 and boarding isn’t until 4:00. That would suck.

 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

He must have some kind of inside connection  since he does seem to come up with a lot of stuff before the general public

I was thinking the same thing. How does he get it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The taxis from FLL get me to the port just fine and they are very organized.

Uber and Lyft work too during normal times but where are you going to wait until it's your boarding time if your flight arrives at 10:00 and your check in is at 4:00pm

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree with Graham. Maybe they are trying to see what they can get away with. Their ship their rules doesn’t always work out for them. When our 2 Indy cruises were cancelled because Royal decided to keep her in the Caribbean we were only given a FCC of 10% of what we had paid. It was a year before sailing so most had only paid the deposit of 900.00. There was such an uproar on FB that they changed it to 10% of the cost of the cruise. So sometimes they do backtrack if there is a big enough of a backlash and change their rules.

This is not FB. I agree, Royal’s site on FB could make a difference. They may stop by from time to time here but it just doesn’t have the impact of a site run by Royal. 
 

M8 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What big picture? The big picture is that it’s a cost cutting measure imo. There are MANY other ways to get the wine to passengers if they wanted to. They are using it as an excuse to cut another benefit.

I absolutely agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You know I was thinking more about cabin type. 😂😂😂

 

M8 

Of course you would, just like you calling the others entitled. 🙄

 

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

 

The biggest challenge will be trying to reverse decades of "I don't care what my assigned time is, I'll show up whenever I want" thinking. 

 

And yes, I resemble that remark. 🙂

People would probably change if they had to wait outside until their boarding time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I agree with Graham. Maybe they are trying to see what they can get away with. Their ship their rules doesn’t always work out for them. When our 2 Indy cruises were cancelled because Royal decided to keep her in the Caribbean we were only given a FCC of 10% of what we had paid. It was a year before sailing so most had only paid the deposit of 900.00. There was such an uproar on FB that they changed it to 10% of the cost of the cruise. So sometimes they do backtrack if there is a big enough of a backlash and change their rules.

At the end of the day it's probably true that all of this is just a way to cutback. The only backlash that will change things is if the loyalty passengers stop booking. I don't see that happening. They can mess with those benefits because the high tier members will still be loyal. It's better than starting from scratch on another line who are also looking for ways to cut.

Edited by Iamcruzin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Of course you would, just like you calling the others entitled. 🙄

The old saying goes, and my Dad taught me this, you get what you pay for. That has always been a driving factor with everything I do. From my Army time, through college, my job, and in life. It applies to other things, not just money. Still applies today. Something on a cruise makes you happy, book it or book the appropriate cabin that includes. 
 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Having had the experience of waiting outside the cruise terminal in FLL when Allure re positioned its home sailing port from Miami to FLL (MAY 2019) let me tell you it was an experience.

 

We received e-mails to not arrive to port until 2pm.  Boarding would not commence till 4 pm.

Well, of course many did not listen including us.

 

So, at noon, we called a cab and went on over.

The luggage bell hops took our luggage, tagged it and directed us to buses to go to the outlets.

 

Not gonna happen.

And besides the people who went to the outlets waited over an hour for a bus to get back, we found this out later.

It was hot.

RCI representative said no one will be permitted in the building.

Ok, wait by the suite door in the shade. Standing, or should I say leaning against the wall.

 

About 1pm. attendants passed out water.

At about 1:20 ish they let us in, we checked in.

Went to suite lounge, made a pit stop, there were granola bars and more water in the center of the top level for all to share.

 

A public announcement made stated that The Allure was still in Miami.

 

We boarded the ship about 5pm.

 

Non suite guests and non Pinns had to wait outside for what seemed like forever.  Lost track of time so I am pretty sure they did not let them in as early as us.

 

I can see RCI spacing and enforcing check-in times.

They did for certain levels of C & A as well as cabin types.

 

Time will tell

Edited by Lionesss
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Could be....their ship, their rules. 

You really like saying that don’t you? How many times have you said it on this thread alone? 

 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So you believe it matters what is posted on CC?  I don’t.  In the US, posting “what they can and cannot “ get away with is Perceived by many as a threat. In this case a meaningless one. 
 

Rory

In your opinion.

 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

 It was certainly not meant to offend and apologies to anyone who thought that and thanks for letting me know.

It was in reply to someone saying Royal change things when enough people complain.

I wouldn’t worry that Rory thinks it’s perceived as a threat. No need to apologize.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are going to complain no matter what the cruise line decides to do.  People complained about the cookies in the cabins in the box because of all the excess packaging but then complained when that was replaced with the bags because they liked the box.  The bags were replaced with plates of cookies that many never ate and now are complaining they are not going to get the cookies even though they weren't eaten.  Many whine about the wine choices and either leave it behind or give it away, the towels are too cheap, the old tote bags were better, it goes on and on.

 

Things are going to be different when cruising finally starts back.  Social distancing and crowd control is going to be a thing even with vaccinated passengers and crew.  If the changes are too much for you, wait until the restrictions are lifted.

 

We will not be cruising anytime soon as we want to see what new procedures are in place.  We are happy that they are trying to make a safer environment for us and if we have to give up a few things at first, we can live with that.  I would hope that we can cruise in October or November as we always do, but can accept that May 2022 might be our first cruise back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and if the changes are indeed temporary.  I realize the Pandemic is still going on but I am fairly sure that a lot of temporary changes in my town such as business hours etc will end up being permanent

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

While the info was posted it said $25 toward food credit. ...for the whole cruise. Kinda ambiguous. For all? For pinnacles? Diamond and up. 

 

Same $25 off for a 4 day and 7 day. I saw some earlier posts that like half off some pay dinners. Can it be used for chops lunch. 

 

I'd use the $25 off coupon, but I'd be surprised if its the same for any length cruise.. speaking of food.

 

The $25 credit was for those with CK access who were unable to get a reservation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Uber and Lyft work too during normal times but where are you going to wait until it's your boarding time if your flight arrives at 10:00 and your check in is at 4:00pm

I really have no idea at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't see any of these keyboard warriors walking up to Michael Bayley and accuse him of lieing or arguing that the missing wine is purely a cost saving move. 😉

 

I wouldn't have any problem doing this. But then I'm not one of those people who feels the need to suck up to him so he remembers my name or has his picture taken with me 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

So to sum it up the main pts of contention are no loyalty priority boarding and free wine not delivered?

 

Of course I liked priory boarding, rcl unlike carnival doesnt have priorty debark.

 

I cant get the wine open, so no good to me.

 

Pins can still use either suite or diamond lounge, so no difference except the line about capacity controlled.

 

I'm having a hard time being upset, but I think this is mostly about those who drink more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You really like saying that don’t you? How many times have you said it on this thread alone? 

 

In your opinion.

 

I wouldn’t worry that Rory thinks it’s perceived as a threat. No need to apologize.

Why do you hate so much hearing, their ship, their rules?

 

I believe most here believe you are more likely to get Royals attention on other sites and email/contact. Maybe we should start a thread with that poll. 
 

I believe Graham is my friend. I believe he knows where I come from. He explained a forum or means where it did make a difference. 
 

Flame on. 
 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

People are going to complain no matter what the cruise line decides to do.  People complained about the cookies in the cabins in the box because of all the excess packaging but then complained when that was replaced with the bags because they liked the box.  The bags were replaced with plates of cookies that many never ate and now are complaining they are not going to get the cookies even though they weren't eaten.  Many whine about the wine choices and either leave it behind or give it away, the towels are too cheap, the old tote bags were better, it goes on and on.

 

Things are going to be different when cruising finally starts back.  Social distancing and crowd control is going to be a thing even with vaccinated passengers and crew.  If the changes are too much for you, wait until the restrictions are lifted.

 

We will not be cruising anytime soon as we want to see what new procedures are in place.  We are happy that they are trying to make a safer environment for us and if we have to give up a few things at first, we can live with that.  I would hope that we can cruise in October or November as we always do, but can accept that May 2022 might be our first cruise back.

I like to complain about the complainers. 😇

 

M8

Link to post
Share on other sites

So to sum it up the main pts of contention are no loyalty priority boarding and free wine not delivered?

 

Of course I liked priory boarding, rcl unlike carnival doesnt have priorty debark.

 

I cant get the wine open, so no good to me.

 

Pins can still use either suite or diamond lounge, so no difference except the line about capacity controlled.

 

I'm having a hard time being upset, but I think this is mostly about those who drink more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

The $25 credit was for those with CK access who were unable to get a reservation. 

Oh I didnt see that specified. It was listed under diamond who doesnt have ck access. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Uber and Lyft work too during normal times but where are you going to wait until it's your boarding time if your flight arrives at 10:00 and your check in is at 4:00pm

In the air conditioned airport would be better than outside the terminal  Take a later Uber closer to your check in time

Edited by molly361
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...