Royal Caribbean temporarily suspends certain Crown and Anchor Society benefits for health reasons

2 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

You have a great point ! So if the unthinkable happens, a 7 niight cruise turns into a 14 or longer cruise because the ship is quarantined ...I guess RCI would look at it as NO...you aren't getting anymore than the 7 night cruise points that you were supposed to get.."no freebies" period!

Maybe not  - We had a seven night cruise become an10 night cruise because of a  hurricane blocking our path home ( we were in calm seas) and we were given points for the extra  nights on board.  AND, they had extended drink packages/internet for those who had the packages.  Also, made several items (specialty dining, /drinks etc.)  half  price. 

Of course - we weren't quarantined!

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Maybe not  - We had a seven night cruise become an10 night cruise because of a  hurricane blocking our path home ( we were in calm seas) and we were given points for the extra  nights on board.  AND, they had extended drink packages/internet for those who had the packages.  Also, made several items (specialty dining, /drinks etc.)  half  price. 

Of course - we weren't quarantined!

In late January 2017 or 2018 we were on the Anthem doing the Bayonne -Eastern Caribbean run, ran into a terrible winter Atlantic storm with the end result of gaining one extra sea day. I don't believe we were given the extra point. (act of God theory was applied) Oh well the ship didn't capsize but felt like it was going to. Oh I didn't mention that one stabilizer was inoperative. So that means they both are which probably wouldn't have made any difference to prevent it from rolling. But here to still tell it. Upon returning to Bayonne there was 4 feet of snow all around our SUV. Never again will we drive in the winter to NJ.

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And maybe We just don't know the reasons 

I'm not an imunologist or on the RCG Healthy Sail Panel. Are you 🤔

If the CDC say it is safe to cruise and all adult passengers have had both vaccine jabs as well as the crew plus everyone has probably been covid19 tested before boarding there doesn't seem a reason not to put C&A free drinks in our cabins before we enter unless it is to cost cut.

To restrict access to the DL/CL/SL makes sense for social distancing.

Graham.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If the CDC say it is safe to cruise and all adult passengers have had both vaccine jabs as well as the crew plus everyone has probably been covid19 tested before boarding there doesn't seem a reason not to put C&A free drinks in our cabins before we enter unless it is to cost cut.

To restrict access to the DL/CL/SL makes sense for social distancing.

Graham.

Unfortunately, I don't think CDC has said anything. At least publicly.

This could be something Healthy Sail Panel came up with as an olive branch to appease them 

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, I don't think CDC has said anything. At least publicly.

This could be something Healthy Sail Panel came up with as an olive branch to appease them 

The CDC hasn't even updated the Conditional Sail Order issued back in November before the vaccines were rolled out. They are really dragging their feet on this.  

3 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Oh man, I hate to start a firestorm, but what does the abbreviation LMP stand for?

I have no doubt as soon as I read a reply I'll think why didn't I think of that !!!!!

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Like Minded People

In medicine that would be Last Menstual Period.... just sayn'

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In medicine that would be Last Menstual Period.... just sayn'

If you really want alternatives, look it up on the Urban Dictionary site.

So, for John and LaLa, after mowing the yard after work, I went to the wine cellar and grabbed a bottle of Beringer, for my Prime filet and the wife’s crappy salmon,....

It is a Knights Valley Reserve Cabernet 2016, I think, the pixie I am posting will confirm that or deny that.  I bought a case of them a year or so ago, and it was highly recommended and I remember drinking them and thinking they were at best ok.  Tonight opening the last of the soldiers, I reappraised them to wow.  Yummy.  Apparently, I drank the rest of them a bit prematurely.

E117C4E1-4EDD-4B75-B51E-366B56B55D04.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Wouldn't that depend on the nature of the medical practice?

It is pretty standard notation across the medical universe.

So, yes, Beringer does make wine, and some of it is insanely popular and some of it is really good.

Watch the Keanu Reeves movie a Walk in the Clouds, I think where they filmed a lot of it on the Beringer Estate.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is pretty standard across the medical universe.

I am completely not a MD, but you are about to experience cancel culture for mentioning something that everyone agrees exists.  It is not PC...  when you become homeless from the cancel culture experience, just remember my wine cellar is available in hillbilly country... if you can get here.

Just behind our warehouse next to the train tracks and under the freeway viaduct, we have a thriving homeless community.  Just a thought. 😉

jc

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Merion Mom, our cruise where we would finally meet has been cancelled, have you rolled over to 2022, or are we cursed to never meet????

Oh, you've got to meet the school teacher.  LOL

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not to change the subject, I still don't understand how covid is preventing them from delivering wine & water to staterooms prior to embarkation, unless it's costs.

I think you understand perfectly.

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not to change the subject, I still don't understand how covid is preventing them from delivering wine & water to staterooms prior to embarkation, unless it's costs.

So, there are all of these supply chain things.... when you refuse the last 14 deliveries of wine, the wine distributors quit sending wine to you, and when you say I will take this shipment they think, what about the last 14 contracted deliveries that you refused?  I don’t think they will ship them...

The world has changed quite a lot since March 2020.

jc

2 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Oh, you've got to meet the school teacher.  LOL

Good school teachers are worth meeting.  I was never afraid of being called the teacher’s pet.  In fact in forth grade had the teacher wanted me for her own, I would have happily accepted.  Only in High School did I start to have functional issues with teachers. 😉

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, there are all of these supply chain things.... when you refuse the last 14 deliveries of wine, the wine distributors quit sending wine to you, and when you say I will take this shipment they think, what about the last 14 contracted deliveries that you refused?  I don’t think they will ship them...

jc

I have never refused a wine delivery.... Some things have not changed since March 2020.

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

Right over my follicle challenged head

15 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Enhanced safety procedures temporarily preclude in cabin deliveries. 

But it's ok, you're on a ship.😉