Royal Caribbean temporarily suspends certain Crown and Anchor Society benefits for health reasons

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yeah.... frustrating for sure... I will be stuck at Diamond Plus until the end of time apparently

Same here. The double points promotion is safe. No cruises going.

I'm going to try and make up for it next year.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I hadn't thought of that. 

If the real issue is the  cabin delivery then send the wine to the  dining room.  What a sticky situation if the amenity wine  is  no longer allowed to be delivered and served  - but purchased wine is.  What about the wine/gifts  my TA sends to the cabin, or what we purchase from gifts and gear - will that be discontinued, or just the amenity gifts?   

We all know that Covid had nothing to do with many of the   posted ( and quickly removed)  C&A  changes.   I look forward to seeing a corrected document some day. 

M

Hate to be contrary, bu we really don't 'know' anything. 

Pretty sure that's a fact

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Drinking has it's own language. Woo woo drinks?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Just made a bottle of 8 for later tonight 

Not sure where name comes from, but a bar in Atlanta that was next to the tracks would sell them for $2 when train passed by.🚂🚂

For a period of time, maybe 20 years ago or more, Woo-Woo drinks were a staple at many a family summer picnic.  Not sure how, who or why that little trend started but the old joke was after you had enough of them, one of two things were going to happen: you'll either become tipsy and shout "woo-woo" (probably pumping fists in the air) or pass out and slur "WOO" before falling down.

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The CDC still has a general no travel advisory.  I agree that they are going to hold tight to that Nov 1st date.

Unfortunately they haven't really said they're holding to that date. If they would at least say that it sailings can resume as of that date, it'd be cause for celebration. Perhaps slightly subdues celebration, but celebration. All they've said is that's currently the date and we won't lift it earlier.

And just in case some folk on here think some of us are upset  over cheap bottles of plonk here is what it would cost onboard for our  in cabin bottles of wine .

We usually get 3 X Arboleda , current cost in  RCI Gifts and Gear is $61.99.

I recently changed  one to the Conundrum which is  $72.99 a bottle in Gifts and Gear . 
We do not cruise again with RCI until May 22 . Hopefully things will have settled down by then and we will all be happy bunnies again 😆

35D1AC71-E91A-4120-B37B-10A9ACB3FB76.png

BD5F0025-D9BB-42B9-9FB6-70FAFAEE3B40.png

On 3/31/2021 at 1:05 PM, dswallow said:

Unfortunately they haven't really said they're holding to that date. If they would at least say that it sailings can resume as of that date, it'd be cause for celebration. Perhaps slightly subdues celebration, but celebration. All they've said is that's currently the date and we won't lift it earlier.

Slightly different topic, but related and encouraging. Maybe the CDC will allow pilot sailings from the US by end of summer?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/02/health/cdc-travel-guidance-fully-vaccinated-wellness/index.html

5 hours ago, batuceper said:

Slightly different topic, but related and encouraging. Maybe the CDC will allow pilot sailings from the US by end of summer?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/02/health/cdc-travel-guidance-fully-vaccinated-wellness/index.html

What happened btw with this signing up for trial cruises, maybe this will still apply for the first departures out of the US?

On 3/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

I do like the 5 free anywhere anytime drinks.

As is often discussed on this board, the Diamond Lounges just get too clique-ie and crowded anyway. 

Keep this and get rid of the lounge.  This would be WONDERFUL for me!  I don't even drink but would like my NA beer during the day!

10 minutes ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

Keep this and get rid of the lounge.  This would be WONDERFUL for me!  I don't even drink but would like my NA beer during the day!

Maybe they could give you five coffee lattes in lieu of drinks

Just now, AF-1 said:

Maybe they could give you five coffee lattes in lieu of drinks

I like the non-alcoholic beer.  They offer Heineken 0.0 on the ships but right now I can only get those during happy hour.  Now it sounds like I can have them while at the pool - or at CocoCay during my June cruise.  Super happy about the "temporary change" and want to keep it - well - at least this one. 

2 minutes ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

I like the non-alcoholic beer.  They offer Heineken 0.0 on the ships but right now I can only get those during happy hour.  Now it sounds like I can have them while at the pool - or at CocoCay during my June cruise.  Super happy about the "temporary change" and want to keep it - well - at least this one. 

Ok,  I get it.  Looks good for you   Happy Easter

1 hour ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

1 hour ago, LisaAtlCruiser said:

I agree the “anytime vouchers” are a plus but Good luck with using them on Coco cay. We found they were unable to deal with loaded coupons when we tried previously.

The lounge has far wider benefits than just Happy Hour cocktails and we would be sorry to see it go.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:01 PM, heatherb1958 said:

And just in case some folk on here think some of us are upset  over cheap bottles of plonk here is what it would cost onboard for our  in cabin bottles of wine .

We usually get 3 X Arboleda , current cost in  RCI Gifts and Gear is $61.99.

I recently changed  one to the Conundrum which is  $72.99 a bottle in Gifts and Gear . 
We do not cruise again with RCI until May 22 . Hopefully things will have settled down by then and we will all be happy bunnies again 😆

35D1AC71-E91A-4120-B37B-10A9ACB3FB76.png

BD5F0025-D9BB-42B9-9FB6-70FAFAEE3B40.png

You really can't show value using Gift and Gear pricing on low end wines.

20210327_133614.thumb.jpg.29952dbe633c1883320ff9a242ae5cce.jpg

Now the Belle Glos can generally be had for around $80 onboard, now that's a value based on retail costs. 

20210327_133643.thumb.jpg.430fcf627d8660f1ac895b6036c6a9f5.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leyla said:

Portuguese Rose wine....luv it!!!!  Good choice. 

There’s an Anthem cruise out of Southampton this September.  We have it booked.  Fingers crossed.  It’s billed as a wine cruise.  Stops in Bordeaux, Lisbon and Bilbao.  I think the overnight is in Bordeaux.  Lisbon is one of our favorite ports. Also 7A-10P stop at LaHavre last day.

Edited by ILCTCRUISER
29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

20210327_133614.thumb.jpg.29952dbe633c1883320ff9a242ae5cce.jpg

Now the Belle Glos can generally be had for around $80 onboard, now that's a value based on retail costs. 

20210327_133643.thumb.jpg.430fcf627d8660f1ac895b6036c6a9f5.jpg

Belle Glos is not on my C&A amenity list which when I changed one of my bottles in  January this year was told by C&A  was an up to  date list 🤷‍♀️.

8 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

There’s an Anthem cruise out of Southampton this September.  We have it booked.  Fingers crossed.  It’s billed as a wine cruise.  Stops in Bordeaux, Lisbon and Bilbao.  I think the overnight is in Bordeaux.  Lisbon is one of our favorite ports.

Anthem is doing seacations around the UK for vaccinated British guests only from July , fingers crossed your cruise goes ahead .Other cruiselines doing the same thing are confirmed through to September around the UK.

Itineraries for Anthem open for booking on 7th April so you will be able to see for sure then what date they are going up to . 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

What its value is isn't really relevant. The fact was it was a “free” gift which isn’t being honored.

IF you still want to drink it on board it will cost you that inflated price to purchase. Yes, you could carry it on with you at a more reasonable price but at the expense of not bringing something else.

I am not a big wine drinker but I can see how some could be upset. I have mine delivered to the dining room. I presume they will still be serving meals and have bottles of wine for purchase?