Royal Caribbean temporarily suspends certain Crown and Anchor Society benefits for health reasons

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I toast a bagel and maybe some  cheese, smoked salmon onion and those salty little critters. Campers? .🙃   

Capers 😉

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How about keep the lounge, the coffee maker, the five drinks anytime, and scratch happy hour?

Hello,

I'd vote for that. I very much like to rest in the DL on embarkation day waiting for the cabins to be ready. Coffee is a plus, but I take my own anyway.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, fruit, breads, cheese smoked salmon, maybe some cold cuts.  Pretty nice spread.  No omelets, no bacon... etc.  

often what I eat prior to advanced stand-up.  Depends on the time of advanced-stand-up.

We really enjoy breakfast in the DL, fairly quite, very happy with the hams, cheeses and breads plus fruit and of course as much fresh coffee as you want 

13 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

There’s an Anthem cruise out of Southampton this September.  We have it booked.  Fingers crossed.  It’s billed as a wine cruise.  Stops in Bordeaux, Lisbon and Bilbao.  I think the overnight is in Bordeaux.  Lisbon is one of our favorite ports. Also 7A-10P stop at LaHavre last day.

I liked the look of this cruise 50/50 if it will happen. 

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, Belle Glos is not on the list.

I was just using it to show value. Kinda ridiculous to charge $70+ for a $15 bottle of Conundrum. 

And this post is about C&A amenities so I suppose I was on point 😆 😉

36 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

And this post is about C&A amenities so I suppose I was on point 😆 😉

So was I.

I was giving a $ reference point for the 'plonk' they give us.  😉

Happy Easter

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'd vote for that. I very much like to rest in the DL on embarkation day waiting for the cabins to be ready. Coffee is a plus, but I take my own anyway.

Regards,

Cublet

Well, according to the OP, the lounges will continue to operate. Some have just assumed no drinks.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, according to the OP, the lounges will continue to operate. Some have just assumed no drinks.

Based on the fact that supposedly the drinks on the card are increasing from 3 to ???  Why do that if you are still serving drinks in the lounge ?

Edited by molly361
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Based on the fact that supposedly the drinks on the card are increasing from 3 to ???  Why do that if you are still serving drinks in the lounge with LMP?

I'm in the camp that thinks no drinks of any kind will be in the lounge. Just the space, and maybe the concierge.

Edited by John&LaLa

Here's the Conundrum of the lounge during the day. 

Everyone says they want to keep it as a quiet place. However, if everyone used it during the day, it would be overloaded. 

Lately, on any Oasis ship there have been in excess of 600 (10% of the ship) eligible. And the lounge might hold 50-60 people. Also, the OP states that the lounge will be operating at reduced capacity. Who gets in?

Given that many say the early sailings will be full of 'loyal' cruisers, those numbers should hold

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm in the camp that thinks no drinks of any kind will be in the lounge. Just the space, and maybe the concierge.

I'm in the same camp

People seem to be very exercised about the lounge being full.

If it is closed, the bars will be more full than they already are pre-dinner.

Everybody on the ship will be in close proximity to each other for most of the cruise.

Any alterations to the C&A benefits will be an experimental transition to a reduction in benefits. No more, no less.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, compman9 said:

People seem to be very exercised about the lounge being full.

If it is closed, the bars will be more full than they already are pre-dinner.

Everybody on the ship will be in close proximity to each other for most of the cruise.

Any alterations to the C&A benefits will be an experimental transition to a reduction in benefits. No more, no less.

Possibly, but by spreading the drinks over the entire day, probably not.

People keep forgetting that little detail

#gamechanger

Edited by John&LaLa

I like the idea of 5 vouchers to be used throughout the day.  The only thing I would miss if the lounge is not available is the coffee machine.  That is a big perk for us in  the morning since the coffee in the dining areas on both Royal and  Celebrity is so bad.  We have not enjoyed happy hour in the lounge as much as we used to as the lounges have become crowded, noisy and hot, would much rather go to one of the bars instead. 

Not receiving our amenities seems like a cost cutting measure to me, I can understand trying to reduce the number of staff coming into cabins but it would be very simple for wine to be delivered in the MDR.  I assume you can still buy a bottle at dinner?  So why couldn’t our gift bottles could be given at dinner?

Sherri🙂

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Possibly, but by spreading the drinks over the entire day, probably not.

People keep forgetting that little detail

#gamechanger

Now they'll be making sure they drink like mad before 5pm so they can pack into the lounge for open bar drinks.  "I don't need another beer but it's 4pm and happy hour starts soon so I better guzzle one anyways".

So instead of getting sloshed in the lounge, they'll arrive pre-sloshed.  😇

Edited by twangster
8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Now they'll be making sure they drink like mad before 5pm so they can pack into the lounge for open bar drinks.  "I don't need another beer but it's 4pm and happy hour starts soon so I better guzzle one anyways".

I was just going to post the same thing.  I don't think there is anyway that they will give the drink vouchers for use anytime and have the free drinks in the lounge at 5pm  Just not gonna happen

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's one reason I believe the lounge will be dry and lonely

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Equally entertaining. 

Drunk Diamond at 5pm in the DL: "What?  No more free drinks in the lounge?  They stole all my perks!.  Why did I spend all this money to become Diamond if they got rid of all the perk?"  🤣

18 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I like the idea of 5 vouchers to be used throughout the day.  The only thing I would miss if the lounge is not available is the coffee machine.  That is a big perk for us in  the morning since the coffee in the dining areas on both Royal and  Celebrity is so bad.  We have not enjoyed happy hour in the lounge as much as we used to as the lounges have become crowded, noisy and hot, would much rather go to one of the bars instead. 

Not receiving our amenities seems like a cost cutting measure to me, I can understand trying to reduce the number of staff coming into cabins but it would be very simple for wine to be delivered in the MDR.  I assume you can still buy a bottle at dinner?  So why couldn’t our gift bottles could be given at dinner?

Sherri🙂

426783504_Screenshot_20210404-105202_AmazonShopping.jpg.6b27e62aa5b540e05712164fd0b1cf0c.jpg

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Equally entertaining. 

Drunk Diamond at 5pm in the DL: "What?  No more free drinks in the lounge?  They stole all my perks!.  Why did I spend all this money to become Diamond if they got rid of all the perk?"  🤣

Maybe that's a good reason to book an early sailing. The entertainment value.😉

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll be there hanging out with my LMimage.jpeg.ac51c740edf829af92b8cbed6c7b15cb.jpeg

Edited by molly361
37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

426783504_Screenshot_20210404-105202_AmazonShopping.jpg.6b27e62aa5b540e05712164fd0b1cf0c.jpg

I could care less about the lounge and the drinks - we buy a drink package anyway.  But I want my gifts.  Love bringing the champagne home to drink when I want it.