JULY cancellations

zoncom

Thanks. And just because I have no clue, another question: If Oceania wants to run their August or September cruises from one European port to another (with no U.S. stops), can they do that if they choose to?  I realize port and country approvals must be met, and ships full enough to make it worthwhile, just wondering if CDC orders affect these decisions.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thanks. And just because I have no clue, another question: If Oceania wants to run their August or September cruises from one European port to another (with no U.S. stops), can they do that if they choose to?  I realize port and country approvals must be met, and ships full enough to make it worthwhile, just wondering if CDC orders affect these decisions.

CDC order does not.  And O could do that if they wish.  But how would a US Citizens (which make a large % of O customers) get to the EU??  We cannot as we are COVID banned from entering at present.

• Like 2

First, a fact:

1. Oceania said it will take 90 days to bring their ships out of cold storage. 4/1 to 7/1 is about (91) days. 

2. Not fact, but according to sources the EU promised to state its policy on both international and internal EU tourism for the upcoming year by 4/1. That policy would probably cover all types of tourism including individual,  group, River, and ocean cruises. 4/1 is next week.

3. To date, Oceania’s employees have stayed very close to the company line. The ships are sailing until Oceania official announcement that they are not. Surprised any “ agent” opted to make any such announcement. If that “ agent “ wants to keep their job they had better hope that O doesn’t track the OP back to the “ agent”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

First, a fact:

1. Oceania said it will take 90 days to bring their ships out of cold storage. 4/1 to 7/1 is about (91) days. 

2. Not fact, but according to sources the EU promised to state its policy on both international and internal EU tourism for the upcoming year by 4/1. That policy would probably cover all types of tourism including individual,  group, River, and ocean cruises. 4/1 is next week.

3. To date, Oceania’s employees have stayed very close to the company line. The ships are sailing until Oceania official announcement that they are not. Surprised any “ agent” opted to make any such announcement. If that “ agent “ wants to keep their job they had better hope that O doesn’t track the OP back to the “ agent”. 

Maybe the agent was referring to US cruises.  I'm still booked for a July cruise out of New York, but I don't think Uncle Joe is going to allow me to do that.  I fully expect that cruise to be cancelled by O and a refund of funds rather than FCC will have to do.

12 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Maybe the agent was referring to US cruises.  I'm still booked for a July cruise out of New York, but I don't think Uncle Joe is going to allow me to do that.  I fully expect that cruise to be cancelled by O and a refund of funds rather than FCC will have to do.

Likely all cruises.  Anything they plan on doing will be shorter and special providing a slow ramp up.  That means planned itineraries on standard summer cruise routes will be cancelled.  O and NCL are far behind others who have/will cancelled all EU until September.

With Insignia in Aruba and other competitors starting in the region with Islands opening up, you might see this being the first O ship brought on line.  Same for one of the other ships sitting in Italy.  But Italy is shut down and is even restricting travel between villages. 

With many EU countries extending the lock down past Easter and likely further, there likely will be  no guidance on cruise reopening until then.  EU requires 100% consensus, and that will not happen with a shutdown.

Edited by PaulMCO

20 hours ago, zoncom said:

O agent yesterday said they are in process of cancelling all July cruises.

Just checked our end of July cruise on Sirena Copenhagen to London and this AM it is all waitlisted (yesterday availability in most categories) so appears to be true.  Also checked several other cruises in July and could not find any that are not all waitlisted....Oceania's signal that they are getting ready to cancel July cruising 😞

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Likely all cruises.  Anything they plan on doing will be shorter and special providing a slow ramp up.  That means planned itineraries on standard summer cruise routes will be cancelled.  O and NCL are far behind others who have/will cancelled all EU until September.

With Insignia in Aruba and other competitors starting in the region with Islands opening up, you might see this being the first O ship brought on line.  Same for one of the other ships sitting in Italy.  But Italy is shut down and is even restricting travel between villages. 

With many EU countries extending the lock down past Easter and likely further, there likely will be  no guidance on cruise reopening until then.  EU requires 100% consensus, and that will not happen with a shutdown.

Greece opens up in June. Celebrity has already announced they are sailing from Athens. So much for the EU lockdown.

Greece opens in June -- but maybe without any North Americans on those ships.  Then again they could probably book it full without anyone from NA.

RCCL starting cruises from Israel to Greek Isles and Cyprus.  However -- for Israeli citizens only. 

Restrictions still exist and likely will remain for foreigners to enter Israel.

8 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I just took a look at July and other than the Seattle to Seattle cruises to Alaska, all the others are still showing available.

Not true - they show on the schedule but when you check all categories are waitlisted so not "really" available

41 minutes ago, basor said:

Not true - they show on the schedule but when you check all categories are waitlisted so not "really" available

All categories waitlisted is usually another way of saying “this cruise will not sail”.

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

All categories waitlisted is usually another way of saying “this cruise will not sail”.

Yes - this comment was in response to July cruises rumored to be canceled and I noted our Sirena cruise and other July cruises went from availability to all waitlisted this morning so the "cancel" notifications will be soon

8 hours ago, basor said:

Wrong. I looked at several cruises and many categories are showing available. Look again.

Edited by Aloha 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked O's web site.  My July NY-->Bermuda cruise is now completely waitlisted.

Same cruise, 9th July, same story on the UK website! Tried on TA website, when it gets to cabin type it reverts to a 'contact TA' message.....I think we've both known for some time it is not sailing!

• Thanks 1

Well, who knows what will happen next month and a month after that.  But I just checked, and the room categories that were available about a month ago are still available for my cruise at the end of July.  This is a 10 day cruise on Riviera from Istanbul to Athens, stopping in Turkey, Greece, Cyprus.  

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Same cruise, 9th July, same story on the UK website! Tried on TA website, when it gets to cabin type it reverts to a 'contact TA' message.....I think we've both known for some time it is not sailing!

Well, hope springs eternal.  However, it looks like this is being carved in stone now.

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Well, who knows what will happen next month and a month after that.  But I just checked, and the room categories that were available about a month ago are still available for my cruise at the end of July.  This is a 10 day cruise on Riviera from Istanbul to Athens, stopping in Turkey, Greece, Cyprus.  

I think the issue is sailings involving the United States.  Isn't Cyprus now going to be a homeport for Royal Caribbean?