Official - Virtuosa in UK

Couple-Somerset

5 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

Good news on the refund - heard back from MSC (via booking PDF email update) that £780 (price difference) is being refunded to credit card.

Wow....excellent result, well done! 😃

A little "heads up" to anyone disembarking / embarking MSC Virtuosa in Southampton on the 21st August.  She is one of four large (albeit partially occupied) ships in port that day.

Iona (Berth 46)

Celebrity Silhouette (Berth 101)

MSC Virtuosa (Berth 102)

Regal Princess (Berth 106)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, little britain said:

They’re pushing the boat out on the entertainment... John Bishop is on June 5th cruise !

Really? - where did you read that one? - JUST SEEN IT ON THE TIMES WEBSITE

IT WAS ON THE SUN WEBSITE BUT PAGE REMOVED

Might be tempted to bring our June 12th forward a week.

Edited by Couple-Somerset

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Really? - where did you read that one? - JUST SEEN IT ON THE TIMES WEBSITE

IT WAS ON THE SUN WEBSITE BUT PAGE REMOVED

Might be tempted to bring our June 12th forward a week.

It was in an email received from a UK TA. 

88313130-1104-4818-ABB8-D5DE3C8E4CEA.png

5 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

even though I struggle to understand him, Im tempted to shift my cruise to the 5th

01793575160 Is the phone number ( the TA not John’s!) 

strangely I can’t see this date on the MSc site now? 

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

01793575160 Is the phone number ( the TA not John’s!) 

strangely I can’t see this date on the MSc site now? 

It's not showing on MSC to book for me either now (neither are the Liverpool and Greenock embarkations).

59 minutes ago, kernow said:

It's not showing on MSC to book for me either now (neither are the Liverpool and Greenock embarkations).

I was looking for an Edinburgh friend who was looking to join us!  

16 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Anyone know if the drink package includes lattes? 

The premium package is  Drinks up to £10 was shown on the webinair

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to 10!

Including all Easy Package drinks plus:

• Draught and bottled beers
  • Wider selection of wines by the glass
  • Wider selection of cocktails
  • All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
  • Spirits
  • Sodas and fruit juices
  • Bottle Mineral Water
  • Energy Drinks
  • Classic and special coffee drinks
  • Hot chocolate delights and hot tea

The offer is valid in our bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants, but not in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club). 

26 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

The premium package is  Drinks up to £10 was shown on the webinair

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks priced up to 10!

Including all Easy Package drinks plus:

• Draught and bottled beers
  • Wider selection of wines by the glass
  • Wider selection of cocktails
  • All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
  • Spirits
  • Sodas and fruit juices
  • Bottle Mineral Water
  • Energy Drinks
  • Classic and special coffee drinks
  • Hot chocolate delights and hot tea

The offer is valid in our bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including speciality restaurants, but not in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club). 

thanks, yeah it is the not valid in “Lavazza Coffee Shop,” that worried me. Are there other places where fresh lattes are made?

also does anyone know what the cost is to upgrade to Premium Plus for the 4 nights?

38 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

thanks, yeah it is the not valid in “Lavazza Coffee Shop,” that worried me. Are there other places where fresh lattes are made?

also does anyone know what the cost is to upgrade to Premium Plus for the 4 nights?

The cost to upgrade from premium to premium plus is £52 per person for the four nights.  £13 a night doesn’t seem too bad. 

I am not sure about the coffee situation on the premium plus though, would be good to know.

• Thanks 1

According to my planner Premium Plus still does not include 'Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club' 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, luv2cruzuk said:

The cost to upgrade from premium to premium plus is £52 per person for the four nights.  £13 a night doesn’t seem too bad. 

I am not sure about the coffee situation on the premium plus though, would be good to know.

That seems a fair deal (given I can drink quite a bit of pricey champagne and scotch) can just one person upgrade to that or do both in a cabin need it?

Can upgrade be done prior to boarding or better to wait and see if there is a deal to upgrade on board? 

1 minute ago, pmd98052 said:

That seems a fair deal (given I can drink quite a bit of pricey champagne and scotch) can just one person upgrade to that or do both in a cabin need it?

Can upgrade be done prior to boarding or better to wait and see if there is a deal to upgrade on board? 

You can upgrade in your planner, it's usually cheaper than onboard. I think both passengers have to have the same package.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kernow said:

You can upgrade in your planner, it's usually cheaper than onboard. I think both passengers have to have the same package.

Looks like need to call them tomorrow on the drinks package as online in the planner if you add/select a drinks package its like you don't have "Premium" at all to begin with so it only lets you add it as full price (versus an upgrade)....

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Looks like need to call them tomorrow on the drinks package as online in the planner if you add/select a drinks package its like you don't have "Premium" at all to begin with so it only lets you add it as full price (versus an upgrade)....

It shows the upgrade if you use the MSC for me app it also shows the upgrade when you log in to the website,  select your cruises then beverages from the top menu

Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 15.56.33.png

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

That's what I had to do on Friday. Because they had upgraded us from Bella to Aurea, the drinks package was showing on our reservation as Easy and not Premium. When I tried to upgrade the drinks package it was quoting the higher price to upgrade from Easy instead of Premium. When I called, they confirmed that we did have the premium package and allowed me to upgrade for the correct price of £104 for the 2 of us. It is now showing that there is a balance outstanding of £72 on our booking but this will be manually rectified. 

I hope when you call you get through to the really helpful chap who sorted it for me and not the abrupt lady who I got through to first who put me on hold for 15 minutes then cut me off. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

It shows the upgrade if you use the MSC for me app it also shows the upgrade when you log in to the website,  select your cruises then beverages from the top menu

If you look at those prices though they’re wrong. It’s not £204 to upgrade to premium plus but £52 . I tried the above but it seems to assume no package currently and so charges you full amount.

4 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Oh yes you're right - when I scroll further down there is the option to add that upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus - thanks that saved me a call!