Official - Virtuosa in UK

Couple-Somerset

53 minutes ago, Drivencruise said:

Thanks for this 👍🏼.. Were all the sub £10 drinks in the premium package or were they chargeable due to not being on the other menus ? Thanks

mmmmm, not quite understanding your question but the link I posted  says in English only so I am not sure if this menu is for the UK season only . 😕.

Regardless of when or where you sail if there is a maximum amount allowed given then anything on any menu around the ship which is that price or less you can have . Anything that is above that amount you pay full price for unless you upgrade to Premium plus , MSC don’t let you just pay the difference like other lines do.

Hope I have answered clearly for you . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drivencruise said:

Thanks for this 👍🏼.. Were all the sub £10 drinks in the premium package or were they chargeable due to not being on the other menus ? Thanks

I think you are asking if, despite the prices being within the £10 limit, are there some you can’t have on Premium,  Simple answer is no, all drinks from the bars and restaurants up to the £10 limit will be included.  Only real exception is the Startship club on Virtuosa which is excluded.

32 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

mmmmm, not quite understanding your question but the link I posted  says in English only so I am not sure if this menu is for the UK season only . 😕.

Regardless of when or where you sail if there is a maximum amount allowed given then anything on any menu around the ship which is that price or less you can have . Anything that is above that amount you pay full price for unless you upgrade to Premium plus , MSC don’t let you just pay the difference like other lines do.

Thank you , sorry if I wasn’t clear 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rattla said:

I think you are asking if, despite the prices being within the £10 limit, are there some you can’t have on Premium,  Simple answer is no, all drinks from the bars and restaurants up to the £10 limit will be included.  Only real exception is the Startship club on Virtuosa which is excluded.

Great , thank you , that’s exactly what I was after . 

13 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Hi Heather, can you remember if there was a limit?  Not that we are planning on getting legless but if you have a few coffees, juice, drink with lunch, a sundowner, some wine with Dinner and a couple of cocktails do they let you have whatever you want as long as your not drunk?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, welshrich said:

Hi Heather, can you remember if there was a limit?  Not that we are planning on getting legless but if you have a few coffees, juice, drink with lunch, a sundowner, some wine with Dinner and a couple of cocktails do they let you have whatever you want as long as your not drunk?

no, there isn’t a limit , in fact if you are ordering a spirit they will quite often ask if you want a double ! 
At breakfast in the buffet I often order a coffee, a juice and a bottle of water at the same time . 
I do know Princess have a limit , witnessed a guy having a hissy fit at reception because he had used his allowance during the day and ran out for the evening , offered to pay for the bottled water he had had during the day to ‘free’ up some package allowance . Reply was no !!

Edited by heatherb1958

2 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

no, there isn’t a limit , in fact if you are ordering a spirit they will quite often ask if you want a double ! 
At breakfast in the buffet I often order a coffee, a juice and a bottle of water at the same time . 
I do know Princess have a limit , witnessed a guy having a hissy fit at reception because he had used his allowance during the day and ran out for the evening , offered to pay for the bottled water he had had during the day to ‘free’ up some package allowance . Reply was no !!

Thanks, on this one we don't really plan on getting off, so it will be nice not to have to worry about running out......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Received our June 1st boarding time of 13.40 today in MSC for me app….

Whereabouts does it show on the app? Is this a change to what was on your e-tickets?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Same on P&O and Carnival, 15 drink limit (alcoholic only I believe) per day. Even though we like a drink, we'd struggle to consume 15 per day!

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Whereabouts does it show on the app? Is this a change to what was on your e-tickets?

Where do I find these e-tickets/e-docs? I've done all the web checkin but don't have e-tickets yet?

On MSC For ME app go to Profile, then "My Cruise" and look for "Your Embarkation Time" which is under "Embarkation Info" section about half way down...

28 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Received our June 1st boarding time of 13.40 today in MSC for me app….

For our 5th June cruise the website and app is still showing no time but I was able to get edocs from the app the other day and time shows 1 hour from 11am. They emailed me edocs for both of us yet DH has the app and eticket is not showing!

On my app there is a button to claim eticket at the bottom of the check in page

14 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Where do I find these e-tickets/e-docs? I've done all the web checkin but don't have e-tickets yet?

On MSC For ME app go to Profile, then "My Cruise" and look for "Your Embarkation Time" which is under "Embarkation Info" section about half way down...

Thanks for the pointer. That is so bizarre, as on the web the  app says  "will be announced soon" but our e-tickets clearly states 17:00 

27 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Thanks for the pointer. That is so bizarre, as on the web the  app says  "will be announced soon" but our e-tickets clearly states 17:00 

I have the same issue for the cruise on the 1st June. It says 11am on the e-ticket but 3pm on the app. I would much prefer the 11am time!

2 minutes ago, Iggy68 said:

I have the same issue for the cruise on the 1st June. It says 11am on the e-ticket but 3pm on the app. I would much prefer the 11am time!

If our app ends up being different think I'll just print the embarkation form which shows 11am and turn up then. I don't see how they could say anything.

8 minutes ago, kernow said:

If our app ends up being different think I'll just print the embarkation form which shows 11am and turn up then. I don't see how they could say anything.

I was thinking exactly the same!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmd98052 said:

Where are these edocs obtained from exactly?

On the app go to the check in page. Mine says 'Hello Julie your check in is complete' and there is a button at the bottom to press to be emailed the e ticket. DH also has the app but even though he is checked in his page is just blank and spinning. It emailed me both our tickets.

BTW we also booked with a TA .

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

On the app go to the check in page. Mine says 'Hello Julie your check in is complete' and there is a button at the bottom to press to be emailed the e ticket. DH also has the app but even though he is checked in his page is just blank and spinning. It emailed me both our tickets.

BTW we also booked with a TA .

Weird - for me in the app it says, "Hello Peter check in yourself and fellow tavellers" and then lists us all with a review and edit button. I've completed all the details and uploaded photos but thats it. I don't get a button for edocs?

I don't think you are fully checked in, mine has ticks for personal information and security picture. Has it definitely saved your picture (it didn't for me the first time)?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kernow said:

I don't think you are fully checked in, mine has ticks for personal information and security picture. Has it definitely saved your picture (it didn't for me the first time)?

Yes all our photos show up. I went back through the check in and all the fields are complete.... and yup the personal info and the security photo boxes are ticked for each passenger.

I booked directly with MSC. Seems really odd!

Edited by pmd98052

1 minute ago, pmd98052 said:

Yes all our photos show up. I went back through the check in and all the fields are complete....

Sorry, I don't know then. As I said DH's does not work either, can you get someone else in your party to try on their app?

15 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Yes all our photos show up. I went back through the check in and all the fields are complete.... and yup the personal info and the security photo boxes are ticked for each passenger.

can I suggest calling MSC and they should sort it out.  I had issues as my insurance details were missing, others have missed a 0 off the phone number and other simple things.  Best to call and get them to check.

BTW I’m going next week and the email E-Tickets only became available for me today.  I booked through a TA.

10 minutes ago, rattla said:

can I suggest calling MSC and they should sort it out.  I had issues as my insurance details were missing, others have missed a 0 off the phone number and other simple things.  Best to call and get them to check.

BTW I’m going next week and the email E-Tickets only became available for me today.  I booked through a TA.

I’m on next week’s trip too . Still not had mine . App says TA will send . TA says 5 days before the cruise 😳

13 minutes ago, rattla said:

Yeah on hold with them right now. I did drop the "0" from our mobile numbers as with the +44 they add in front the 0 should be dropped so perhaps that was it....  I didn't get asked for any insurance info as part of the web checkin process?