Official - Virtuosa in UK

Couple-Somerset

1 minute ago, pmd98052 said:

Yeah on hold with them right now. I did drop the "0" from our mobile numbers as with the +44 they add in front the 0 should be dropped so perhaps that was it....  I didn't get asked for any insurance info as part of the web checkin process?

likewise I dropped the 0 because of the +44 although someone said you needed to keep it 🤷‍♂️   I’m not sure if that was really the case or not.

With insurance, exactly that, there is nowhere to put it, but the is meant to be.  When I spoke to them they say it was an IT issue and they would re-raise it to their IT teams as the previous day she’d stepped through it with someone else and seen for herself it didn’t ask for it... although I was told it was that being missing that caused the issue.  They added it and then it was all OK to continue.

strangley the App told me check in was all ok and complete, yet the web page wouldn’t let me progress to the end as said information was missing.

5 minutes ago, Drivencruise said:

I’m on next week’s trip too . Still not had mine . App says TA will send . TA says 5 days before the cruise 😳

I was the same (after I had spoke to MSC for them to input the missing info 🙄. - see above post).

so then I was waiting for my travel agent (cruisenation) to send the tickets, however....  this morning, someone who also booked with them told me all of a sudden the button to e-docs on the App was no longer greyed out and they were able to click to send the E-Tickets to themselves.  I then went and tried, and it was now showing for me too!

so maybe double check on the app again and see if you can click on it now?

16 minutes ago, rattla said:

I was the same (after I had spoke to MSC for them to input the missing info 🙄. - see above post).

so then I was waiting for my travel agent (cruisenation) to send the tickets, however....  this morning, someone who also booked with them told me all of a sudden the button to e-docs on the App was no longer greyed out and they were able to click to send the E-Tickets to themselves.  I then went and tried, and it was now showing for me too!

so maybe double check on the app again and see if you can click on it now?

yes sounds like the insurance issue was it. They’ve added the insurance. So will wait and see if it unblocks…

10 hours ago, zjc said:

Has anyone been able to book shore excursions on the U.K. Sailings?

There's only one showing for 12 June sailing - a coach tour along the Portland coast. Not the most appealing offer, really.

Given that the new regulations for 17 May onwards were released yesterday, we should start seeing more being uploaded, once they've worked out the convoluted new rules around group coach travel and group tours. Don't expect many inside attractions to be on offer.  

Update - They've literally just uploaded three more for Portland - another coach tour through Dorset scenery; a visit to the Cerne Abbas Giant and CHurchill Heritage at Minterne; and Weymouth and the Isle of Portland. Prices range from £35-69. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Iggy68 said:

I have the same issue for the cruise on the 1st June. It says 11am on the e-ticket but 3pm on the app. I would much prefer the 11am time!

My e-ticket arrived today for 5/6. Shows 11am checkin and cabin # ( sadly not the one I had originally picked)

App shows 12:20 checkin and no cabin number!

On the checkin page on the app it says “Hello xxxx check in yourself and your fellow passengers “ .. but the rest of the page is blank!!

organised chaos as usual but somehow it will work itself out!

Edited by little britain

58 minutes ago, little britain said:

My e-ticket arrived today for 5/6. Shows 11am checkin and cabin # ( sadly not the one I had originally picked)

On the checkin page on the app it says “Hello xxxx check in yourself and your fellow passengers “ .. but the rest of the page is blank!!

Mark has exactly the same as you, blank app and no cabin. I have e ticket for both of us with correct cabin and 11am check in but app shows 12.20 time. We're going at 11am with printed out copy of embarkation form showing 11am.😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, little britain said:

was you cabin an upgrade at all? or the same type and experience/grade?

Edited by rattla

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, rattla said:

was you cabin an upgrade at all? or the same type and experience/grade?

little britain is on the same cruise as us which was originally 4 nights, extended to 7. When they gave us the 3 free nights they changed all the cabins to guarantee (same grade as booked).

I think we both preferred location of our original cabin but not complaining as we've ended up with a bargain.

Edited by kernow
additional text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Mark has exactly the same as you, blank app and no cabin. I have e ticket for both of us with correct cabin and 11am check in but app shows 12.20 time. We're going at 11am with printed out copy of embarkation form showing 11am.😵

So am I! See you in the queue! 
Just thought; perhaps 12:20 is the time they estimate we physically set foot on board ( sort of like a count down to your first glass of 🥂?!)

• Like 1

Has anyone found any information out directly from MSC on the type of tests they will accept for the 72 hours prior to cruise one? 

I have seen various comments and Twitter blogger posts that this can be the NHS Home Tests but not yet seen anything official from MSC. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, zjc said:

Has anyone found any information out directly from MSC on the type of tests they will accept for the 72 hours prior to cruise one? 

I have seen various comments and Twitter blogger posts that this can be the NHS Home Tests but not yet seen anything official from MSC. 

Emma Cruises has published a page on it, using information from MSC (although not quite clear which bits are from where). Antonio also effectively said the NHS tests would work in his recent webinar. https://emmacruises.com/which-covid-19-tests-do-you-need-for-an-msc-british-isles-cruise-2021/

The NHS free at home ones must be fine, as they specify lateral flow and from the emailed results yu can't tell whether it was done at a test centre or at home. 

I agree an official statement would be nice though.

Edited by Huntingdon1701

9 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Emma Cruises has published a page on it, using information from MSC (although not quite clear which bits are from where). Antonio also effectively said the NHS tests would work in his recent webinar. https://emmacruises.com/which-covid-19-tests-do-you-need-for-an-msc-british-isles-cruise-2021/

The NHS free at home ones must be fine, as they specify lateral flow and from the emailed results yu can't tell whether it was done at a test centre or at home. 

I agree an official statement would be nice though.

Seems that the NHS ones are accepted all but officially wrote down by MSC

Likely they don’t want to publish a statement that advocates using NHS tests for travel. 

15 minutes ago, zjc said:

Likely they don’t want to publish a statement that advocates using NHS tests for travel. 

He actually said in the webinar that he shouldn't really be saying NHS so don't think they will actually put it in writing although they will accept them.

I've seen some comments that at bars on this cruise its table service only. However I can't find any info from MSC or elsewhere online about that (youtube videos on Grandisoa COVID sailings etc). Do we know for sure you cannot walk up to a bar and ask for a drink?

42 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

I've seen some comments that at bars on this cruise its table service only. However I can't find any info from MSC or elsewhere online about that (youtube videos on Grandisoa COVID sailings etc). Do we know for sure you cannot walk up to a bar and ask for a drink?

Yes believe table service only .

47 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

On Seaview 18 months ago, pre covid (!!), but also a new modern ship, you were often discouraged from ordering at a bar. You could if you wanted to, but they seemed to prefer using the staff with iPad style devices to take your order (which had card readers so you weren't without your card), sent the order to the bar staff and then delivered by a third person. All worked very efficiently!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zjc said:

yup, they have been clear they will accept them, but gone out of their way to not specifically state that the use of home test NHS kits are fine.

so I actually think you are dead right, that NHS don’t really want to be being used to support holiday industry testing, hence they have not put that in writing anywhere.

3 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

As Welshdoc said ,  very efficient system with the gadgets onboard.

MSC don’t encourage ordering at the bar ,if you approach they will call someone over to take your order or ask where you are sitting .  On the older ships there aren’t any seats in front of the bars to stop people from hanging out there . It is all very civilised and efficient plus if you are on one of the earlier sailings with only 1000 onboard they will be falling over themselves to seat you and serve you ! 😆

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Update - They've literally just uploaded three more for Portland - another coach tour through Dorset scenery; a visit to the Cerne Abbas Giant and CHurchill Heritage at Minterne; and Weymouth and the Isle of Portland. Prices range from £35-69. 

Has anyone read the detailed description of the excursion to Cerne Abbas Giant and Churchill Heritage at Minterne? Appears we’re taking a detour to Corfu!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 5/12/2021 at 10:07 PM, CaroleC said:

Has anyone read the detailed description of the excursion to Cerne Abbas Giant and Churchill Heritage at Minterne? Appears we’re taking a detour to Corfu!! 🤣🤣

They have updated it now, in case anyone wanted to consider this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

All the videos Youtube of the first sailing and he fact I will now get my second vaccine by end of July as second shots have been accelerated has me looking at the Virtuosa in August.

Is the expectation still that they will run at 75-80% capacity? The ship looks so quiet on the first voyage limited to 1000, but I'm surprised they would jump straight up to 4500ish.

I am looking at YC, leaving from Greenock. Although MSC allows you to book most of their cruises from different departure ports, they limit room availability. My daughter would like to bring a school friend so I would not be comfortable in a YC balcony. We can get a YC Balcony and YC Inside from Greenock, but would have to go to Southampton to get a YC Royal Suite or Duplex. Southampton will add a day of travelling and £1000 to the trip. Has anyone had any luck getting them to open up a different room that is not booked but limited by the departure port, obviously I could try calling to ask this, but maybe someone already knows?

Thanks