Official - Virtuosa in UK

Couple-Somerset

Posted (edited)

Why not stay the Night at a Southampton Hotel that offers  parking for cruise passengers if Goverment Restrictions allow 

Leonardo Grand Harbour

Holiday Inn Southampton

https://www.jurysinns.com/hotels/southampton/leonardo-grand-harbour/cruising?utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzjx88OZ-t2U69bskaJgdPdIR9wG52cgvaLe65f7HPCD_LE3DbFfOPRBoCfxsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://hisouthamptonhotel.co.uk/stay-cruise/park-stay-cruise/

Or book the normal  meet and greet Carpark companies  at the port 

Try MSC

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/before-you-go/parking

https://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/

Edited by LifeonMars

Does it take a while to update the booking I made on Thursday and was confirmed on Friday? I have never had to move a deposit from a cancelled cruise before.

I moved the two x £200 deposits from my Magnifica cancelled sailings so should have paid £400 deposit.

The online booking is still showing no deposit paid (did not think that was possible) and the full amount still due.

The two cancellations came through on Friday along with the confirmation but one cancellation was showing £200 due to me and the other a cancellation fee of £200 which is a little worrying. Neither has so far been applied to the new sailing.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:54 PM, ziggyuk said:

I asked this question while booking and was told if you have had both vaccine jabs a swab test was not required, she may of course have been expressing an opinion rather than fact but she did appear very sure about it.

Exactly what my TA said when I was booking!

She was most definitive that as long as you have had both vaccinations and carry proof (currently the little cards that are issued), then a swab test prior to boarding will not be required.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Exactly what my TA said when I was booking!

She was most definitive that as long as you have had both vaccinations and carry proof (currently the little cards that are issued), then a swab test prior to boarding will not be required.

You may find that they were referring to the need of providing  a negative test printed in  duplicate  72hrs prior to boarding,  when not having  both Covid jabs,   not   forgoing requirement of their  swab test prior to boarding

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/health-and-safety-measures

For MSC Virtuosa’ sailings around the British Isles in the upcoming months, we will initially welcome only UK residents of all ages, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. All unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests (i.e did not receive the full set of vaccine shots) will need to take a PCR (molecular) or antigen (lateral flow) swab test within 72 hours prior to the ship’s departure. The test results certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal in order to embark on the ship. The test is not required for fully-vaccinated (proof of vaccination needed) or under 2 years old guests. However, as per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some Health and COVID 19 screenings including a COVID 19 swab test, a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check, before boarding the ship.

Edited by LifeonMars

17 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

You may find that they were referring to the need of providing  a negative test printed in  duplicate  72hrs prior to boarding,  when not having  both Covid jabs,   not   forgoing requirement of their  swab test prior to boarding

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/health-and-safety-measures

For MSC Virtuosa’ sailings around the British Isles in the upcoming months, we will initially welcome only UK residents of all ages, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. All unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests (i.e did not receive the full set of vaccine shots) will need to take a PCR (molecular) or antigen (lateral flow) swab test within 72 hours prior to the ship’s departure. The test results certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal in order to embark on the ship. The test is not required for fully-vaccinated (proof of vaccination needed) or under 2 years old guests. However, as per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will need to undergo some Health and COVID 19 screenings including a COVID 19 swab test, a health questionnaire and a contactless temperature check, before boarding the ship.

I asked the specific question regarding testing at the port prior to boarding and that was what she told me.

However, it certainly looks like she was fibbing!! 😆😆

I have downloaded the NHS app to my phone , not the Covid track and Trace one , it clearly shows there my first Pfizer jab done on 24th Feb .
I wondered how we would show proof but it is there for all to see , next one due in May so will be all set for August cruise 😎.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm specifically looking for the regular 10% or 15% Off Southampton Cruise Parking promo codes.

Hello,

I don't know where I got this idea from, but I am labouring under the notion that MSC are berthing at the Ocean Terminal. Parking there is usually offered by CPS but MSC are not showing on CPS' web pages. MSC are appearing on ABP Parking's website, though that's usually for berths further west. Clicking on 'Parking' on the MSC website takes me around in circles. I'm sure, as my grandmother used to say, 'it will all come out in the wash'.

Re promo discounts: Booking by phone (that I do for RCI) will usually get you a discount if you ask whether there is one or not.

Regards,

Cublet

14 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

http://www.abparking.co.uk/

TA2021 will get a 10% discount - works on a 7N cruise but not a 4N

Discount Code works for me, thank you that 🙂

Does anyone know if ABP will give a full refund if MSC cancels the cruise for whatever reason? I’ve emailed them regarding this but they haven’t responded 🙄

8 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Does anyone know if ABP will give a full refund if MSC cancels the cruise for whatever reason? I’ve emailed them regarding this but they haven’t responded 🙄

I think the normal cancellation would apply, its not too bad even under 30 days.

Cancellation Policy

Prior to 60 days before your cruise departure date - free of charge

Within 59 to 31 days - 15%

Within 30 days to departure date - 20%

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I think the normal cancellation would apply, its not too bad even under 30 days.

Cancellation Policy

Prior to 60 days before your cruise departure date - free of charge

Within 59 to 31 days - 15%

Within 30 days to departure date - 20%

I saw that in their T&Cs, I was just wondering if they would give a full refund if the cancellation was COVID related eg sailing cancelled due to changes in restrictions.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't know where I got this idea from, but I am labouring under the notion that MSC are berthing at the Ocean Terminal. Parking there is usually offered by CPS but MSC are not showing on CPS' web pages. MSC are appearing on ABP Parking's website, though that's usually for berths further west. Clicking on 'Parking' on the MSC website takes me around in circles. I'm sure, as my grandmother used to say, 'it will all come out in the wash'.

Re promo discounts: Booking by phone (that I do for RCI) will usually get you a discount if you ask whether there is one or not.

Regards,

Cublet

I read that MSC and NCL were partnering with ABP to develop the fifth terminal in readiness for summer 2021. Perhaps that’s why MSC are appearing on ABP Parking’s website?

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/news/new-southampton-cruise-terminal

And this article states it is located at berth 102 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/port-southampton-adding-fifth-cruise-terminal-2021-signs-partnerships-msc-and

Edited by peteukmcr

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I have downloaded the NHS app to my phone , not the Covid track and Trace one , it clearly shows there my first Pfizer jab done on 24th Feb .
I wondered how we would show proof but it is there for all to see , next one due in May so will be all set for August cruise 😎.

Just downloaded it too, shows my 1st Pfizer jab was on 18th Feb

Edited by peteukmcr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

MSC will work out of the New Cruise terminal next door to City Terminal at   Berth 102 together with NCL 

https://www.abports.co.uk/media/04ic5uoc/southampton-port-plan.pdf

https://www.abports.co.uk/news-and-media/latest-news/2020/port-of-southampton-to-open-new-cruise-terminal-for-2021-season/

Edited by LifeonMars

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Hi Pete ... Hope you guys are well, I had to laugh when I saw the comment by Boris Johnson that two people who have had both shots cannot meet up in one of their houses because they do not have 100% cover, but over 1,000 people to start with can travel together on a cruise ship despite not having 100% cover  ... 🤣 

• Haha 2

Hey

Does anyone have any tips for the pre cruise tests needed 72hrs before? Any providers than can be used? 

Also, any insurance recommendations?

thanks 

1 hour ago, zjc said:

Hey

Does anyone have any tips for the pre cruise tests needed 72hrs before? Any providers than can be used? 

thanks 

I’m planning to use Boots for the PCR test just because it’s local and it’s a company I know. So many providers for them now but would rather go with someone I’ve heard of.

15 minutes ago, lopar said:

I’m planning to use Boots for the PCR test just because it’s local and it’s a company I know. So many providers for them now but would rather go with someone I’ve heard of.

I didn’t even know Boots were doing them, will have to look into that thanks!

Anyone needing a PCR test this Which article is very good:
https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/03/where-can-i-get-a-covid-19-pcr-or-antigen-private-test-to-go-on-holiday/

For anyone living near a major airport, their drive through's came out best, Gatwick's, comes up at just £60.

EasyJet appear the best priced home test, postage system, they use Randox Heath with code eJh2021 @£72 :
https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-home-testing-kit/

(you can test the code without entering any details which is nice)

Note: MSC do not (as far as I can see) currently mention and special requirements of a registered lab or clinician as the Which article points out some countries require so it's best to check again when ordering in case this changes.

2 hours ago, zjc said:

Hey

thanks 

With insurance you need to be very specific for uk cruises when talking to an insurance provider. Ask specifically about repatriation from a ship in uk waters and also medical treatment aboard of the ship can’t dock to secure nhs treatment. It’s a minefield. Don’t be phased by a policy saying it offers £m’s medical cover as that often only kicks in abroad and not in the home country. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

With insurance you need to be very specific for uk cruises when talking to an insurance provider. Ask specifically about repatriation from a ship in uk waters and also medical treatment aboard of the ship can’t dock to secure nhs treatment. It’s a minefield. Don’t be phased by a policy saying it offers £m’s medical cover as that often only kicks in abroad and not in the home country. 

That’s really interesting, thanks for the heads up. My annual policy is with Direct Line for worldwide cover (including cruises) and has been running for numerous years. At the start of the pandemic last year when I (mistakenly lol) assumed we’d still be going on our October cruise, I rang them to enquire if it covered COVID. I was advised that as it was a legacy policy, ie had been in place for several years, I was fully covered.

When I booked the Virtuosa for 3rd July, I was told by my TA that MSC required a minimum of £2m medical & repatriation cover and evidence would need to be provided. When I rang Direct Line again they confirmed that my policy had £5m cover for both of those categories. At no point did anyone mention that I needed to ensure the cover included sailing in UK waters and tbh it never occurred to me. I guess I’ll be ringing my provider again!

I have read somewhere that the insurance can be taken out through MSC at a reasonable cost but I don’t think it has been published yet. Might be worth looking into if all else fails.

Edited by CaroleC

On 4/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, peteukmcr said:

Hello,

I've just downloaded the app too and logged-in. However I cannot see anywhere obvious that lists, or could list, vaccinations. Can you help me with a tab or option name please?

Thanks, and regards,

Cublet

On 4/4/2021 at 11:55 AM, CaroleC said:

I saw that in their T&Cs, I was just wondering if they would give a full refund if the cancellation was COVID related eg sailing cancelled due to changes in restrictions.

Hello,

Last year abp refunded all my parking fees for cancelled RCI bookings without any charges and without me asking.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1