Official - Seaview replaces Virtuosa in Northern Europe

Couple-Somerset

As part of the UK Virtuosa announcement today....... 

MSC Virtuosa was previously scheduled to serve itineraries in Northern Europe out of Germany, she will be replaced by #MSCSeaview. Booked guests and travel agents will be contacted directly

• Like 1

Where was Seaview supposed to be?   I guess I don't see the point other than free press for new ship out of UK.  So a newish ship for a new ship.

I'd guess, at least the early trips, will end up canceled anyways with the number of countries involved out if Kiel.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Where was Seaview supposed to be?   I guess I don't see the point other than free press for new ship out of UK.  So a newish ship for a new ship.

I'd guess, at least the early trips, will end up canceled anyways with the number of countries involved out if Kiel.

She was supposed to be in the Western Mediterranean this summer. 

I have a cruise booked on Virtuosa out of Copenhagen, but I will more than happy if it changes to Seaview instead. I never thought we would see the Seaside-class in Northern Europe. 

For many months the Seaview has been scheduled to sail from Genoa to the Antilles on 4 November and do weekly cruises around those islands for the winter season.  I wonder if this will change?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Capricruiser said:

For many months the Seaview has been scheduled to sail from Genoa to the Antilles on 4 November and do weekly cruises around those islands for the winter season.  I wonder if this will change?

The date is actually 13th November, from Genoa but, yes that is the current schedule for Seaview. Given that the main lines have now 'given up' on the prospect of cruising from US ports, and temporarily home porting in some of the Caribbean islands and Bermuda, I would be somewhat confident that Seaview will do just that in November!

We are booked on the transatlantic cruise, boarding Barcelona on 17th November to Fort-de-France, Martinique 4th December. Then there are 7 night Caribbean cruises, boarding either Martinique or Guadeloupe. There are two different 7 night itineraries, although Martinique and Guadeloupe are included in both, and the way it schedules there is a boarding point in Barbados every 14 nights. We did this 14 night cruise, from Barbados a couple of years ago, and highly recommend. 

Edited by hamrag

Thanks Hamrag.  My error - 13 November it is.  We will board at Civitavecchia on the 14th and probably return directly home on 4 December.  We've done the 14 day Antilles cruise once before and all the islands are visitor-friendly and quite lovely.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Capricruiser said:

I doubt there will be any changes. well unless the whole cruise will be cancelled. I doubt that we need to expect any cancelations in Autumn as vacciantion is increasing in numbers. All the restrictions will be down by then 

47 minutes ago, Capricruiser said:

Thanks Hamrag.  My error - 13 November it is.  We will board at Civitavecchia on the 14th and probably return directly home on 4 December.  We've done the 14 day Antilles cruise once before and all the islands are visitor-friendly and quite lovely.

Hopefully see you onboard from Barcelona. We would have preferred boarding a few days earlier, but Barcelona for us is so much easier than Rome....if it had been the only option though, would have done it!

On 3/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, dexddd said:

She was supposed to be West Med for the summer, we were booked for last week in August, so I don't know what ship we will be on now

Why is MSC Belgium official site still selling cruises on Seaview this summer then from Marseille? 

This taken from www.msccroisieres.be two minutes ago.

Screenshot 2021-04-03 151809.png

I checked our MSC account and our August 29 cruise from Copenhagen has been replaced by a 1 day cruise from Genoa to Barcelona just 23 days from now. LOL (I know it's just some kind of a placeholder, but it made me laugh anyway)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Dcguy64 Which ship.....

Virtuosa. We might end on the Seaview since she's supposed to substitute for the Virtuosa, but we'll see.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:39 AM, hamrag said:

We are booked on the transatlantic cruise, boarding Barcelona on 17th November to Fort-de-France, Martinique 4th December. Then there are 7 night Caribbean cruises, boarding either Martinique or Guadeloupe. There are two different 7 night itineraries, although Martinique and Guadeloupe are included in both, and the way it schedules there is a boarding point in Barbados every 14 nights. We did this 14 night cruise, from Barbados a couple of years ago, and highly recommend. 

...yeah. Fingers crossed we're on it for the two weeks for Christmas & NY (18th to the 1st). Starting & finishing in Martinique. So hopefully the itineries dont change any further!...or the variants stop our Paris connecting flights! Thought we were being smart waiting till Chrimble. But at this rate....who knows.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:39 AM, Kim Viktor said:

MSC Seaview have now calls booked in Nynäshamn (Stockholm) from end of June. 

And she is booked there all 7 days coming from Visby and next to Tallinn.

So it seems like Seaview will only sail the Baltics instead of Norway.

My booking from Rome on Seaview now changed to Genoa on June 5 NAR so pending cancellation. I wonder if they will offer a different ship or itinerary or just a refund? Comms isn’t great is it? Found out from this forum first , then a random change on my MSc page - still nothing from the agent 

18 hours ago, rdt123 said:

My booking from Rome on Seaview now changed to Genoa on June 5 NAR so pending cancellation. I wonder if they will offer a different ship or itinerary or just a refund? Comms isn’t great is it? Found out from this forum first , then a random change on my MSc page - still nothing from the agent 

MSC will be the last to let you know.  The experts and locals here will tell you first.