Balmoral mid-ship cabins

comcox

I've been reading on another website that Balmoral mid-ship cabins have thinner walls (apparently because the ship was stretched at some point) so that noise carries over from adjoining cabins.  Is this true?  This is the one FO ship I've not sailed on before so I have no first-hand knowledge.  Right now I'm booked for cabin 6074 (Inside solo cabin)  for a cruise next summer and people noise (TVs, voices, etc.) so drive me crazy.   Should I try to change cabins?  Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, comcox said:

I've been reading on another website that Balmoral mid-ship cabins have thinner walls (apparently because the ship was stretched at some point) so that noise carries over from adjoining cabins.  Is this true?  This is the one FO ship I've not sailed on before so I have no first-hand knowledge.  Right now I'm booked for cabin 6074 (Inside solo cabin)  for a cruise next summer and people noise (TVs, voices, etc.) so drive me crazy.   Should I try to change cabins?  Thanks for any advice.

Hopefully someone with experience of Balmoral will reply soon. I haven't sailed on her but looking at the deck plans, a couple of things occur to me. The back wall of your cabin is behind the Florist, so that should be quiet. Because of the orientation of your cabin, the walls that adjoin other cabins are the two short walls and one of these will also house the bathroom. I would therefore imagine that any noise will be limited by the above factors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did a couple of cruises on the Balmoral both times on 4 deck, an outside single in the new midships section (2012 and 2015).  On one of the cruises I could hear the person in the next cabin when he was on the phone.  It was quite audible as I remember going to knock to tell him. The other cruise was okay, i don't recall any specific noise issues.  So perhaps this makes sense with what you say. The rooms do "squeak" a bit in rough seas which kept me awake at night more than the seas.  I think the bathrooms on these cabins are better than the older cabins.  

• 2 months later...

Cruised on Atlantic deck mid ships quite a few times and never noticed any difference over other cabins. To be honest I have found most cabins on cruise ships are liable to noise from cabins next door. 
So in answer to your question, no we didn’t notice any difference.

Balmoral is one of our or was our favourite Fred ship. Haven’t cruised on the two new ones.

Although we did under the RCI flag.  

Edited by 1160451

Cruised on Atlantic deck mid ships quite a few times and never noticed any difference over other cabins. To be honest I have found most cabins on cruise ships are liable to noise from cabins next door. 
So in answer to your question, no we didn’t notice any difference.

Balmoral is one of our or was our favourite Fred ship. Haven’t cruised on the two new ones. Although we did under the RCI flag.  
Just checked your cabin and we were under your cabin on Atlantic deck with no problems.

I am also upset by noise so I feel confident in my answer.