The Daily for Tuesday Mar 30, 2021

Today is I am in Control Day, National Doctor's Day, and Take a Walk in the Park Day

The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around. - Thomas A. Edison

Meal suggestion for today - Thai Coconut Beef

Drink of the Day - Vodka Martini

Wine of the day - El Coto 2012 Coto de Imaz Gran Reserva (Rioja) Northern Spain

Port of the Day - Townsville Australia

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination La Paz MX eta 4/2
Zuiderdam Destination Long Beach eta 4/1

Brest FR
Oosterdam

Corfu GR
Volendam

Half Moon Cay
Nieuw Statendam

La Paz MX
Nieuw Amsterdam Anchorage
Noordam Anchorage

Long Beach
Westerdam Anchorage

Torquay UK
Eurodam Anchorage
Zaandam Anchorage

0330USA.thumb.png.f016efe40526b55ad4fa1d02d4c59f92.png

0330Europe.thumb.png.2431e596f1c6dc5f9752435f51d2754c.png

Good Tuesday morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

A salute to our doctors, today and everyday.  I sometimes wonder who is in control, I don't think it's me.  It's supposed to get up to 15C (59F) today, so a good day to take a walk.

Interesting quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good - I'm looking forward to seeing a recipe.

I'd love a nice martini in the Crow's Nest, maybe next year.  I bet the wine is very nice.

We've never been to Australia, so I'll enjoy looking at all the pictures that will be posted.  Thanks to all who share their adventures.

Stay safe.

Thank you for the back to normal Daily, Rich.  We would certainly like to be in control.  A big salute to Doctors and parks.  I've been to several ports in Australia but not Townsville.  Thai Coconut Beef sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Mango Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 30, 2017.

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/dishes30.jpg

Today's care list:

Have not heard from Gsel since September 20

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH facing chemo

St. Louis Cruiser DMIL

Rest in Peace Krazy Kruizers

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard ontheweb

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates
 Front Line Health Care Workers

Drive by Communication

Vietnam War Veterans

Ever Given rescue crews

1000 masks for ger_77

First jab for superoma and Cruising-along DD, Quartzite Cruiser’s DD’s

Nieuw Statendam coming to Everglades Saturday

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Good morning, everyone.

I like to think I am in control, but that is debatable.  Today will be a great day to take a walk in the park.  Sunshine and 70 degrees.  A nice treat before the cold, wind, rain and snow come back on Wednesday.  Do celebrate your doctor, especially if you have a good one.  I am blessed in that department as she is one who gets to know you well and works with you in partnership for your health.  

Today's meal sounds really good.  I love coconut and peanut butter.   Roy's meal also sounds good.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/thai-coconut-beef/

Thai coconut beef.jpg

I have a sunset instead of a sunrise today.  It's from my 2018 Crystal 2-ship world cruise.  On March 30 Crystal Symphony overnighted at Easter Island:

dusk0330.jpg

Roy

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Wonderful collection of days to celebrate!  While it often feels like things are out of control these days, it’s helpful to do the little things that give you a sense of control and calm.

4B6E15DA-A779-4D3C-AF69-65EFAE75C0E1.jpeg.7b956c3bc13de02089a461649f00d2ca.jpeg

The doctors deserve a National Doctors Year, not just a day.  They have all been working so hard and endlessly

B844B369-3473-4445-A649-64932DC2416C.jpeg.014a10ffddcaaf9e004ca003d14ddaf1.jpeg

Doctors are so valuable, they deserve two jokes (and they are jokes - I mean no disrespect to them)

E5C12D18-D1BB-4CA1-8BF3-76B7598A2D3B.thumb.png.1c0fe4fca05a3dbf8ef7465b34756490.png

I believe today is the big day, so @cruzn singlehope you have a very happy birthday 🎂 

It will be easy to celebrate the walk part of the take a walk in the park day since the dogs get walked every day.  We avoid any crowded areas though so no dog park or parks right now.

That’s an interesting quote by Edison and an interesting meal suggestion today.  I too will wait until I am on a blue hulled beauty to enjoy a martini.

Well, it’s that season here again - time to keep your eye on the road carefully with the potholes forming:

BEE4ECB8-4816-4B0E-A576-9085729BF8B2.jpeg.a5acc42919fe1895679e5e9296072cd9.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

Good morning and  thanks  for  the  Daily. It  took  me  a  long  time  to realize it but  in  spite of  my  strong  need  for  control,there  are  many,many  things  one  cannot  control. We  will  cheer  for  all  doctors. They  have  been  through  so  much  in  the  last  year.  I  agree  with  @kazu, it  is  too  crowded in  the  nearby park  for  our  dog  walks. We  will  stick  to  our  neighborhood  route.

The  recipe  looks  good  and  I  like Roy's  alternate  but  we  are  having a  chicken  dish  instead.I  look  forward to  learning  more  about  Australia.         Terry

Good morning. Not sure I'm in control of anything anymore.  Doctor's need a day with all the work they are doing today!  Don't walk much but take our golf cart ride around our Eco park everyday.  Interesting quote by Edison.  Will pass on the menu.  Great list of Celebrations today.  Toasts to you all.  Prayers for our care list. @dfishlove the pictures of each days meal suggestion. @cruzn singleHappy Birthday.

Stay safe, social distance, and please wear your mask.

Vodka Martini:

Ingredients

Ice
2 1/2 oz.vodka
1/2 oz.dry vermouth
Green olive or strip lemon zest removed with a peeler, for garnish
Directions

Optional: Freeze martini glass 15 minutes before making the drink.
For a shaken martini: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka and vermouth and shake until well chilled. Strain into a martini glass, garnish with olive or lemon peel, and serve.
For a stirred martini: Pour the vodka and vermouth into a  mixing glass or cocktail shaker filled with ice. Stir vigorously, about 20 seconds, until well chilled. Strain into a martini glass, garnish with olive or lemon peel and serve.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.03.36 AM.png

Posted (edited)

Ah, all is right with the world - our Daily is back! Thank you for making it happen, Rich! An interesting combo of days. Most importantly we can celebrate our Dailyite Doctors for volunteering, when they could have just sat back and enjoyed retirement. I am in control of my square inch of the universe - most days. Love walking in our State Parks. Have to go early before too many folk are there & before it gets too hot, but that also happens to be when you have the best chance of seeing wildlife and water birds, and all the birds seem to be singing to the new day!

Thank you for our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Jacqui - love your pothole meme - do not miss them at all. Interesting quote. Love the meal, Debbie! Love vodka martinis, but prefer to add a bit of flavoring to mine. 

We are in a bit of a cooling trend here, but perfect weather to work on the outside To Do list. I think I am doing eggplant cutlets with some stir fry veggies tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

This Rioja has quite a few fans, Excellent to Spectacular ratings, a decent number of online distributors and prices starting at $25.99. You might find it for less locally. 

Winemaker Notes

#9 Wine Enthusiast Top 100 of 2020

Brilliant ruby color, with russet tones. Mature and elegant, its aromatic richness is changing and subtle, becoming more apparent as the wine breathes. Notes of toast and coconut followed by tertiary aromas (leather, wet earth), and red fruit and dried fruit. Round, silky tannins, persistent and complex aftertaste. Ideal accompaniment for roast suckling lamb, game, or red meat.

WE94 Wine Enthusiast:  Classic Rioja aromas of graphite, cherry, plum and oak are lightly toasted and spicy. On the palate, this offers chewy depth and impeccable balance. Ripe, heady plum, cassis and berry flavors are also nuanced and elegant, while this gran reserva from a ripe vintage tastes of vanilla and mild oak on the finish. For an affordable high-quality gem, look no further. Drink through 2028.  Editors' Choice

Edited by cat shepard

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!

Our best wishes for a wonderful birthday, @cruzn single.

Our thanks always to all doctors, especially after this year.

I have heard of this control of which you speak. I Am in Control Day runs concurrent with I Am Fooling Myself Day around here. 😁

Today is to be cooler, but we are getting a break, as the winds have dropped to below 15 mph after gusting to over 60 all day yesterday. They caused some damage, trees and power lines down, and were pushing a couple of wildfires in the area.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy, and have a great day!

George

Good Morning All, thanks for the daily report.  I’d really like to take a walk in the park, the weather is cooperating at the moment.  The meal suggestion sounds really good.  Might have to try that sometime.  This crossed my FB feed this morning and seems so true.

image.png.69ef61ac94dac911796fe9fd4c988105.png

Happy Tuesday to everyone.  I wish I could be in control of everything, but not gonna happen.  Celebrating our doctors of course, and taking a walk in the park sounds nice.  Here in my neighborhood you can walk just about anywhere and be assured you won't be in a crowd.  We have a fenced in dog park here as well where you can let your dog(s) off the leash and let them run around a bit.  I've never seen too many people there either.  

No reports yet this morning on DMIL.  Hoping she had a good night and is improved today. 🤞

And as much as I love to visit Australia, Townsville has not been a stop on our cruises.  Perhaps in the future.  I would love to see some photos though!

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  (glad it's back!)  I like to think I'm in control, but this past year all I've been in control of is my sewing machine and the kitchen stove.  Hooray for doctors - who have given their all this past year.

I'd love to go for a walk in the park today, but we just finished what we hope is our last winter storm.  We ran out for some groceries first thing in the morning, but DH had to chop the ice off the windshield before we got going.  It didn't take more than 1/2 hr and we were home, just in time - that's when the snow started.  The wind raged and howled throughout the day and the snow kept coming; around 3:30PM our wonderful neighbour came over with his snowblower to clear our driveway and sidewalk, and we could barely see him through the storm.   Thankfully we didn't lose power, but many communities have been without power since yesterday around 2PM; hopefully the damage to the power lines will be repaired soon.   Here's a picture someone took of  a gas station about 6 blocks from our home.  The large sign you can barely make out on the right side blew down not long after the photo was taken.

Storm.thumb.jpg.55dd62c8675f9df8a3da668bb2d127be.jpg

@cruzn singlea very Happy Birthday to you!

I really like today's meal suggestion, and it's another I'm going to put in my file for another day, because we need to eat out of the freezer, so tonight it will be leftover tomato-feta pasta that I made last week.  With a side salad, it'll make a good meal on a cold spring night.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your mask(s).

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the back to normal Daily, Rich.  We would certainly like to be in control.  A big salute to Doctors and parks.  I've been to several ports in Australia but not Townsville.  Thai Coconut Beef sounds interesting.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Mango Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 30, 2017.

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/dishes30.jpg

Today's care list:

Have not heard from Gsel since September 20

myself facing cardiac surgery

NextOne DH facing chemo

St. Louis Cruiser DMIL

Rest in Peace Krazy Kruizers

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome aboard ontheweb

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates
 Front Line Health Care Workers

Drive by Communication

Vietnam War Veterans

Ever Given rescue crews

1000 masks for ger_77

First jab for superoma and Cruising-along DD, Quartzite Cruiser’s DD’s

Nieuw Statendam coming to Everglades Saturday

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

I particularly salute those teachers who have been teaching live in school with students present since last August.

Rich:  Thank you for the daily.  Eventually we find out none of us are ultimately in control. Thanks to all you good posters and readers of the DAILY.

Good Morning Everyone from a cooling day at the beach,

I dont think I am in control of anything but like to think I am.  Have not been to Townsville and I dont think it is on our scheduled trip to Australia in 2022. Look forward to seeing any pictures.

Today we are going down to Jetty Park. Great place during the week. It has a long wide fishing pier that is great for walking. You can see manatees, dolphins and huge turtles. 

Happy Birthday to cruizin single!

StLouisCruisers-  Hope your MIL is doing better. 

Be safe and enjoy today!