What is your “Can’t Miss” Princess Recommendation? 🛳

Jadn13

During this time off from Cruising I began watching many different vlogs and realized that everyone cruises differently. 
There are people who love Pub Lunch, Tea Time and Movies Under The Stars while others won’t even know these  things exist. 

Specific to Princess what would you consider to be a can’t miss activity, food Item or experience?  (Even consider Cruise Critic organized events) 

Curious, just in case I have been missing out without realizing it. 
☀️🛳
  • Like 1

Dance classes for us. A few years ago we entered into the Ballroom Blitz competition (aka Strictly come dancing/ Dancing with the stars).

We had a blast and got a free bottle of fizz for taking part.

• Like 1

We are coffee snobs so always get the coffee card.  DH goes down to the International Cafe right before breakfast to get real coffee and we bring them to where we are eating, either buffet or MDR.  Not sure this will be allowed after pandemic and we are cruising again.

• Like 1

P.S. I do not think "Coffee Cards" exist anymore. I still have punches left on mine which I keep with my Passport. Now, we typically book with the goodies of Beverage Package, WiFi, and Gratuities. Even as we are Platinum and would automatically get WiFi, it is still worth it after doing the math.

From the International Cafe only, the warm, freshly baked Almond Croissants available some mornings; the staff at the counter has the baking schedule.

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, nini said:

Vines and "proper" wine glasses (their Riedel wineglasses), as well wine tasting classes in Vines.

those 'may' have been removed on SKY , as I am well familiar ( maybe too familiar ) with having to take a 'sippy cup' from Vines into the mdr - didn't have to do that on SKY

27 minutes ago, voljeep said:

those 'may' have been removed on SKY , as I am well familiar ( maybe too familiar ) with having to take a 'sippy cup' from Vines into the mdr - didn't have to do that on SKY

Sadly the wine never tastes the same in the "to go" glass. Those nice wine glasses really do make a difference.

For the OP: There is normally some sort of food (sushi or something else) provided free of charge in Vines if you are having wine. When you have the beverage package it's especially nice to have a glass of wine and a bit of a nosh in Vines in the evening.

• Like 2

The International Café with seating looking out at the passing ocean with a fresh cup of double espresso and donut early in the morning before all wake up.

Secondly, Alfredo's (only experienced on the Royal) with their great food and a glass of wine to go with it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bumorgan said:

Alright, what's inside that monstrosity?

A volcano is a dessert off the children's menu.  Anyone can order.  It is a banana split.  I have not seen it exactly like the picture above but it is always delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Volcano is a well hidden secret menu item.  You may have it with any ice cream of the day or the regular (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry?).  It includes banana, hot fudge/chocolate syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles and/or nuts.  I always have to request easy on the whipped cream.

In addition....I miss...peanut butter cookies, tiramisu, lemonade, and "On the Bayou".  

Fun thread.  Thank you.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

Pistachio pudding from the International Cafe and lunchtime noodle bowls on the Caribbean Princess from Steamers.

I am a MUTS must do - if the movie is anywhere near half decent.  Popcorn, blankets, warm Caribbean evening, deserts from the buffet, stars above you (and the odd shower forcing you to switch chairs to a covered location) during the movie - its all good.  Also,  Monday Night Football on MUTS is good.

Don

• Like 1