What is your “Can’t Miss” Princess Recommendation? 🛳

Jadn13

Two rituals on embarkation day: 

Watch stores being loaded.  This is endlessly fascinating to me.  You get to see the chefs out there examining the produce, watch the little frontloaders beep-beep around the dock, and there's always a cute dog sniffing for contraband -- I love dogs. 

The other ritual, a relatively new one for me, is to have a pedicure on embarkation afternoon.  This ritual began because I didn't have a chance to get it done before boarding one year.  And then I found it so much more relaxing to do that first day onboard instead of as part of the pre-cruise last-minute  shopping/packing rush.  It's an expensive luxury compared to what I'd pay at home, and the color selection is more limited than the average shoreside spa, but the service is outstanding. And you're on a ship! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

The other ritual, a relatively new one for me, is to have a pedicure on embarkation afternoon.  This ritual began because I didn't have a chance to get it done before boarding one year.  And then I found it so much more relaxing to do that first day onboard instead of as part of the pre-cruise last-minute  shopping/packing rush.  It's an expensive luxury compared to what I'd pay at home, and the color selection is more limited than the average shoreside spa, but the service is outstanding. And you're on a ship! 

Oh, I love the idea of an embarkation day pedicure! Nothing like a bit of spa pampering to set the tone for a relaxing and refreshing time onboard. 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

You can also stop at Passenger Services right as you board. They will take your name for the CT (not sure about the WD). Much faster than listening to the busy signal on the dine line.😘

Thank you so much for this info! We hope to be able to participate in a few of these on our 12 night British Isles cruise in May 2022 and our New Zealand/ TP in the Spring of 2023.