Symphony: July and August and September and October and November and December

TER777

• TER777 changed the title to Symphony: July and August and September and October and November and December
21 minutes ago, bitob said:

So where do you all think Symphony will be in the latter part of the year?

Just where it has been for the past year, anchored off the coast of Malaysia. Sad!

Patty

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bitob said:

Its hard to forecast at the moment, but I doubt it will be any different from what it was back in the days. Well, in any case I will be glad to see something new

8 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Just where it has been for the past year, anchored off the coast of Malaysia. Sad!

Patty

As usual, you took the words right out of my mouth!  🙂

Based on the popularity of Serenity's sailings, and the projection of demand picking up industry-wide it's possible they MAY try to base it somewhere later in the year near a large customer base and do limited scope itineraries like they're doing with Serenity and their other pilot ships.  It's coming into focus that as much as travel is coming back quickly in the US market, this year it won't be the wandering, sprawling international itineraries that Crystal is used to.

Hopefully they're not pulling Symphony from service altogether though.  I'll take her anchored off Malaysia over being scrapped any day.

Vince

• Like 2

A few things.

It is not surprising that these itineraries would not work. Remember when Jack Anderson was asked if Serenity would sail the Caribbean after the Bahama cruise were over remember what he said. He said that trying to plan itineraries involving more than once country and the types that Crystal already has will be very difficult given all of the issues related to COVID-19. He said they might look at adding more Bahama Cruises.  I suspect they will assuming the local Bahama Authority concurs and Crystal is successful at selling the current schedule which I suspect they are.  So this takes you towards the end of the year.

So it is not a surprise Symphony itineraries are in flux and might not happen as planned.  If I had to guess I would have guessed they won't happen. How could they?  And how do you plan for them?  What countries will be open and when.  Look at places now  One month open?  One month closed?  How do you plan?  

Now with this said this doesn't mean Symphony doesn't sail this year because maybe they will come up with new itineraries for Symphony.  Maybe they won't.  What do I think?  No clue but I wouldn't rule it out or in.  We will have to see what happens.

Symphony still needs a dry dock so let's see what happens on that front.

Keith

• Like 2

Given the difficulty of trying to plan a cruise calling at different countries with possibly different Covid restrictions (if their ports are even open) surely the only way for Crystal and the Symphony to make money would be to have cruises to nowhere. 

I think many regular Crystal guests would enjoy cruising without any stops.

If Symphony could move to Singapore, a major airline hub easy to get to, I would take up any offer.  

45 minutes ago, Zele said:

Given the difficulty of trying to plan a cruise calling at different countries with possibly different Covid restrictions (if their ports are even open) surely the only way for Crystal and the Symphony to make money would be to have cruises to nowhere. 

I think many regular Crystal guests would enjoy cruising without any stops.

If Symphony could move to Singapore, a major airline hub easy to get to, I would take up any offer.  

I hear you and I might be wrong but I am not convinced cruises to nowhere make money.  They use lots of fuel and don't bring in other kinds of revenue such as excursions and while there is a certain following that would book them I don't think enough to fill them regularly like the Bahama ones seem to be doing. JMO, but  I think if it was this simple  lots of cruise lines would do this.  

Let's see what Crystal comes up with.

Keith

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 11:59 AM, bitob said:

Did anyone sail on the Harmony after the 2000 Olympics in Sydney? It was an awesome       22-day repositioning cruise to Costa Rica: Many islands, including Vanuatu and Western Samoa, then eight days across the Pacific Ocean. We had two October 31s.

Crystal may return to a Pacific Ocean focus.

August 2021: Depart Singapore. Schedule multiple voyages in the South Pacific islands.

October - Christmas/New Year’s Holiday cruise: Hawaii, including overnight stops.

Repositioning cruise: Hawaii - Asia, including the unique post-2000 Olympics ports.

January 2022: Begin the Symphony Asia itinerary as close as possible to the published itinerary.

39 minutes ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

Did anyone sail on the Harmony after the 2000 Olympics in Sydney? It was an awesome       22-day repositioning cruise to Costa Rica: Many islands, including Vanuatu and Western Samoa, then eight days across the Pacific Ocean. We had two October 31s.

Crystal may return to a Pacific Ocean focus.

August 2021: Depart Singapore. Schedule multiple voyages in the South Pacific islands.

October - Christmas/New Year’s Holiday cruise: Hawaii, including overnight stops.

Repositioning cruise: Hawaii - Asia, including the unique post-2000 Olympics ports.

January 2022: Begin the Symphony Asia itinerary as close as possible to the published itinerary.

Yes!  That was our first Crystal cruise and it was wonderful.  Do you still have any souvenirs of that cruise?  We have a few but didn`t bring home any Reflections, which I now regret.

We had incredible dance instructors on that cruise.  Do  you remember they were about to be married, and our gift to them was the Bistro dishes?  

We met up with another couple who were on that cruise, at the end of the NWP cruise.  So there are a few of us still around.

Friends report receiving cancellation notices for these cruises. Email mentions Symphony to do 10-day Caribbean cruises. Details to come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Email mentions Symphony to do 10-day Caribbean cruises. Details to come. 

That would be interesting if they locate her there

The big challenge is finding somewhere to base her that allows incoming guests and is suitable for short cruises - Tahiti maybe?

I just received the official cancellation of Barcelona to Rome on the Symphony departing July 7.  The email from Crystal includes the following paragraph:

For the last several months, Crystal has been working closely with our partners all over the world to determine where and when we can safely get our guests back to traveling. Earlier this month, we announced a new series of 7-night Luxury Bahamas Escapes aboard Crystal Serenity cruising from Nassau or Bimini roundtrip (July – October 2021). In the coming weeks, we also expect to announce new 10-night Caribbean voyages for Crystal Symphony.

• Like 1

Confirmation that the Symphony Holiday cruise Down Under is cancelled now - so that's out into Dec/Jan 2022 - so I assume it's everything before that as well

April 01, 2021

Regarding:

OCS211221-16 | Crystal Symphony | December 21, 2021 | 16 Nights | Auckland to Melbourne | Dazzling Holiday Down Under

Dear xxxx

We hope this message finds you safe and well. Like you, we are eagerly anticipating the day when the whole world will be ready for us to explore again. While we share in everyone’s optimism for the continued successful roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines globally, unfortunately at this time, differing international border restrictions, potential quarantine policies for various nationalities, and limited airlift prevent us from operating your upcoming Crystal itinerary. It is therefore with deep regret that we have had to cancel your cruise. Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation that is beyond our control.

We know this cancellation is extremely disappointing and in recognition of this, we are providing you with Credits* equal to 115% of the cruise fare paid on fully-paid reservations (not paid with Credit coupons). For guests who have not fully paid, the Credits will be on the deposited amount.

• If your booking was made with any Credit coupons (FCP, FCC, CASP and/or admin fees), those will be added back to your guest profile for future use.
• Fully-paid reservations will receive a refund of port charges, taxes and fees paid, and any air and hotel packages booked through Crystal.
• Credits are valid on any Crystal experience (Ocean, River, Yacht or Expedition) embarking through December 31, 2023.

For the last several months, Crystal has been working closely with our partners all over the world to determine where and when we can safely get our guests back to traveling. Earlier this month, we announced a new series of 7-night Luxury Bahamas Escapes aboard Crystal Serenity cruising from Nassau or Bimini roundtrip (July – October 2021). In the coming weeks, we also expect to announce new 10-night Caribbean voyages for Crystal Symphony.

While our fleet has been paused, Crystal developed Crystal Clean+ 4.1, an enhanced level of measures that builds on our stringent protocols already in place to help safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. In addition to negative Covid-19 tests for both guests and crew, reduced capacity, social distancing, mask requirements and health screening questionnaires, new among these measures is a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all guests.

We encourage you to contact your travel advisor to assist you in selecting your ideal future Crystal cruise, including one of our new Luxury Bahamas Escapes, or soon-to-be-announced Luxury Caribbean Escapes. Note that our Crystal Confidence 3.0 provides the peace of mind you need now when making future travel plans, with reduced deposits, extended final payment and relaxed cancellation schedules.

We thank you for your continued understanding during this transitionary time in travel, and look forward to welcoming you back on board soon. Until then, your Crystal team remains at your service.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Confirmation that the Symphony Holiday cruise Down Under is cancelled now - so that's out into Dec/Jan 2022 - so I assume it's everything before that as well

April 01, 2021

Regarding:

OCS211221-16 | Crystal Symphony | December 21, 2021 | 16 Nights | Auckland to Melbourne | Dazzling Holiday Down Under

Dear xxxx

We hope this message finds you safe and well. Like you, we are eagerly anticipating the day when the whole world will be ready for us to explore again. While we share in everyone’s optimism for the continued successful roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines globally, unfortunately at this time, differing international border restrictions, potential quarantine policies for various nationalities, and limited airlift prevent us from operating your upcoming Crystal itinerary. It is therefore with deep regret that we have had to cancel your cruise. Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation that is beyond our control.

We know this cancellation is extremely disappointing and in recognition of this, we are providing you with Credits* equal to 115% of the cruise fare paid on fully-paid reservations (not paid with Credit coupons). For guests who have not fully paid, the Credits will be on the deposited amount.

• If your booking was made with any Credit coupons (FCP, FCC, CASP and/or admin fees), those will be added back to your guest profile for future use.
• Fully-paid reservations will receive a refund of port charges, taxes and fees paid, and any air and hotel packages booked through Crystal.
• Credits are valid on any Crystal experience (Ocean, River, Yacht or Expedition) embarking through December 31, 2023.

For the last several months, Crystal has been working closely with our partners all over the world to determine where and when we can safely get our guests back to traveling. Earlier this month, we announced a new series of 7-night Luxury Bahamas Escapes aboard Crystal Serenity cruising from Nassau or Bimini roundtrip (July – October 2021). In the coming weeks, we also expect to announce new 10-night Caribbean voyages for Crystal Symphony.

While our fleet has been paused, Crystal developed Crystal Clean+ 4.1, an enhanced level of measures that builds on our stringent protocols already in place to help safeguard the well-being of our guests and crew. In addition to negative Covid-19 tests for both guests and crew, reduced capacity, social distancing, mask requirements and health screening questionnaires, new among these measures is a Covid-19 vaccine requirement for all guests.

We encourage you to contact your travel advisor to assist you in selecting your ideal future Crystal cruise, including one of our new Luxury Bahamas Escapes, or soon-to-be-announced Luxury Caribbean Escapes. Note that our Crystal Confidence 3.0 provides the peace of mind you need now when making future travel plans, with reduced deposits, extended final payment and relaxed cancellation schedules.

We thank you for your continued understanding during this transitionary time in travel, and look forward to welcoming you back on board soon. Until then, your Crystal team remains at your service.

Sincerely,

Crystal
Guest Services

So does this mean they are not offering a full cash refund, only credits?  

6 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

So does this mean they are not offering a full cash refund, only credits?  

No. You can request a refund now by April 15 or after December 31, 2023 if you haven’t redeemed the Credits by then. 

• Like 1

This is good news. 

I say this because this way guests who were booked on these cruises know for sure they are not happening.  

This also means they will come up with something for Symphony which has a high degree of chance to sail similar to Serenity.

Glad they announced this.

Keith

I did receive my cancellation yesterday very late  evening for 12th September.

I find it a far too easy solution by Crystal as  from September vast majority of Europeans are expected to be fully vaccinated ( end of August 2021 Spain Italy Croatia and Greece and W Europe for sure )

They maintain the Esprit so far 

Once again the fact Crystal does depend on US pax for 85 %  and probably US pax still not willing to come over to Europe - a reason as well ??  and the actual condition of the Symphony ?? 

The above was my 10 th cancellation on Crystal since the start of the pandemic 🙃

however I do not expect a special reward for it  at all . 

Not the best of Easter Greetings 

Cancellation Procedure as in the past. With so many lines likely to redeploy to the Caribbean it will not in my opinion be of much interest to U.K. passengers plus anything connected to the America’s for travel insurance is  neither  cost effective or available to many  of a senior age.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is good news. 

I say this because this way guests who were booked on these cruises know for sure they are not happening.  

This also means they will come up with something for Symphony which has a high degree of chance to sail similar to Serenity.

Glad they announced this.

Keith

I am not "glad"  ...

Something similar as the Serenity - but what Singapore Singapore ? very long flights 

or when they do reach Europe : Civitavecchia Venice  - Venice Civitavecchia ?

i think Split or Dubrovnik cannot handle a turnover at all  - Trieste is horrible for flights same is Genua 

yesterday Venice did announce to refuse "bigger" ships  - is the Symphony too big ? or only those "sea monsters " RCCL MSC and Celebrity ? 

i am truly  looking forward to something similar ...