Symphony: July and August and September and October and November and December

TER777

11 hours ago, Merry Twinkletoes said:

Crickette: Berna and Michael! I remembered them a few days ago. 

I have a light cotton top dyed and sewn in Samoa. It’s a small treasure from an exotic cruise.

Wish I could board Symphony in Kuala Lumpur to sail across the Pacific in order to position her for the upcoming 10-day Caribbean cruises.  I`d be willing to volunteer so they could test out their new protocols on me!

I have started a new thread where we can post information about these Symphony Caribbean cruises.

I am ready to book --

I want to be on a Crystal ship -- regardless of destination

My new normal.

I understand everyone's disappointment as we have had 7 cruises cancelled since the pandemic started.

I am going to take advantage of whatever opportunities there are to cruise on Crystal -- glass half full

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vistaman said:

I am not "glad"  ...

Something similar as the Serenity - but what Singapore Singapore ? very long flights 

or when they do reach Europe : Civitavecchia Venice  - Venice Civitavecchia ?

i think Split or Dubrovnik cannot handle a turnover at all  - Trieste is horrible for flights same is Genua 

yesterday Venice did announce to refuse "bigger" ships  - is the Symphony too big ? or only those "sea monsters " RCCL MSC and Celebrity ? 

i am truly  looking forward to something similar ... 

I hear you but I think if they are going to repeat cruises the Caribbean is a better option to attract enough guests to fill Symphony.  I don't think the market demand would be sufficient to fill the ship sailing R/T Singapore over several consecutive voyages.

Keith

Caribbean  in summer or in the hurricane season ??? 

Flights to Caribbean islands  are very limited ex Europe  as well : only BA  and the German Condor 

and a French and a Belgian company to the French isles ... and KLM to the Dutch 

Last year I also was willing to go "everywhere" on "everything" did Ponant - never again !! despite Croatia was still beautiful  but desolate  even on Hvar  

desperate people do desperate things

Summer

Hurricane season

OK with me

The world has changed

I am adapting.

Would I have considered this before the pandemic

NEVER

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vistaman said:

Flights to Caribbean islands  are very limited ex Europe  as well : only BA  and the German Condor 

Last year I also was willing to go "everywhere" on "everything" did Ponant - never again !! despite Croatia was still beautiful  but desolate  even on Hvar  

I think the reality is a lot of folks will come from USA and Canada.

They need to keep the itineraries rather simple and repeat them every 10 days.

I just think  under the circumstances this makes a lot of sense.

And if the Bahama sailings are any indication (how many luxury customers under normal circumstances want to sail the Bahamas) sales should be strong.

Keith

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I think the reality is a lot of folks will come from USA and Canada.

They need to keep the itineraries rather simple and repeat them every 10 days.

I just think  under the circumstances this makes a lot of sense.

And if the Bahama sailings are any indication (how many luxury customers under normal circumstances want to sail the Bahamas) sales should be strong.

Keith

I am hoping for 10 days Eastern Caribbean followed by 10 days Western so a b2b is a "little" more interesting.  Can't wait to go to Diamonds International  LOL

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

I am hoping for 10 days Eastern Caribbean followed by 10 days Western so a b2b is a "little" more interesting.  Can't wait to go to Diamonds International  LOL

I am thinking like the Bahamas it will repeat for simplicity but as they say "time will tell".  

Either way the ship makes the best destination.  🤣

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

I am thinking like the Bahamas it will repeat for simplicity but as they say "time will tell".  

Either way the ship makes the best destination.  🤣

Keith

and with a washer dryer in the suite!!!  Heaven

26 minutes ago, vistaman said:

At the moment Crystal is trying to reach US Americans. I understand how you feel and we are in the same situation. The Serenity is doing a good start from Nasau, but I hope the Symphony will go somewhere which will be easier to reach from other countries. We have to accept that at the moment we are not the main target from Crystal.

Meanwhile there are some options in Europe, which could be interesting this sommer. I have just got an offer for interesting itineraries in Europe (for example 13 days Hamburg to Porto in September or an 8th night cruise from Nice to Malta in May) with a new ship called World Voyager. It is like a yacht not more than 200 passengers. It is a German ship built in 2020. If you are interested you can look on Internet. 
Ivi

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

Yes, yes, yes.

Since that Hawaii cruise we had two other cruises planned for Symphony; one we had to cancel due to surgery and the other one was due to COVID-19.  As they say the third time's a charm.

Keith

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes, yes, yes.

Since that Hawaii cruise we had two other cruises planned for Symphony; one we had to cancel due to surgery and the other one was due to COVID-19.  As they say the third time's a charm.

Keith

So do you plan to book these new Symphony cruises?  I am so ready

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

We know this cancellation is extremely disappointing and in recognition of this, we are providing you with Credits* equal to 115% of the cruise fare paid on fully-paid reservations (not paid with Credit coupons). For guests who have not fully paid, the Credits will be on the deposited amount.

I haven't received notice of cancellation yet for Sep and Oct 2021 Symphony cruises, but expect it will be sent soon.  I paid (pre-COVID) deposits on these cruises, but have not paid in full.  The above notice seems to state that deposits do not receive the 115% treatment.  Is that correct?

59 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

At the moment Crystal is trying to reach US Americans. I understand how you feel and we are in the same situation. The Serenity is doing a good start from Nasau, but I hope the Symphony will go somewhere which will be easier to reach from other countries. We have to accept that at the moment we are not the main target from Crystal.

Meanwhile there are some options in Europe, which could be interesting this sommer. I have just got an offer for interesting itineraries in Europe (for example 13 days Hamburg to Porto in September or an 8th night cruise from Nice to Malta in May) with a new ship called World Voyager. It is like a yacht not more than 200 passengers. It is a German ship built in 2020. If you are interested you can look on Internet. 
Ivi

I was also the victim of a manifest discrimination  by hapag lloyd  , refused( 5 times last time for May 2021 even vaccinnated by then ) caused by my nationality and place of living ( not in German Austria or Switserland )  despite European Community rules do forbid such policies.  So not another German company for me for the moment ...

Obviously my negative tests were not equal to the German ones 🥵

Cunard does start in September  only for Uk pax , they do not have to follow the EC rules anymore after Brexit .  There is SS or SB  ,  the problem is the single fare on those 2 and not so looking forward to SB at all. 

34 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

I haven't received notice of cancellation yet for Sep and Oct 2021 Symphony cruises, but expect it will be sent soon.  I paid (pre-COVID) deposits on these cruises, but have not paid in full.  The above notice seems to state that deposits do not receive the 115% treatment.  Is that correct?

No. The notice says deposits do receive the 115%. I received my notices for September- October late yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, TER777 said:

No. The notice says deposits do receive the 115%. I received my notices for September- October late yesterday. 

Thank you!  That's good news.  I'm sorry these wonderful cruises won't sail, but think Crystal has made a wise and business-savvy decision.

We are sorry to have our Black Sea cruise cancelled but we were expecting it.  My dilemma is I used a credit card which was compromised and is no longer viable. I saw the form to fill out but am reluctant to use it. Do I need my travel agent who no longer works for the company to deal with it? I am expecting this to take a very long time to sort out and get our refund. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thank you.

38 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

We are sorry to have our Black Sea cruise cancelled but we were expecting it.  My dilemma is I used a credit card which was compromised and is no longer viable. I saw the form to fill out but am reluctant to use it. Do I need my travel agent who no longer works for the company to deal with it? I am expecting this to take a very long time to sort out and get our refund. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thank you.

I had this issue once with a cruise cancellation.  It was not fun.

I was told that they HAD to refund to the same credit card used to charge the cruise.  I had to get the money back from the credit card company once the refund was made.  Interestingly, I had a replacement card with a different number and i could not even arrange with the cruise line or the cc company to accept the refund to the newly numbered card.  It cost a delay of 2 months.  I doubt your TA can do a thing.  Credit card company rules.

1 hour ago, Pearl64 said:

Definitely coordinate that with your credit card company...  They will instruct what they want you to do.  NORMALLY, security protocols now dictate that the charge must be refunded to the original form of payment even if the account is closed, but because the account was compromised and not just closed the credit card company may authorize an alternative form of refund (or even a check), but that has to come with their instruction to Crystal at some point.

Vince

Well there goes another year - so bad when will be alert and moving for only a few more- if am lucky!!!

With no river and no Athens to Abu Dhabi, I will be taking a Bahamas cruise as I miss being onboard so 

much!

Hurricanes or not- on a ship it is bound to better than enduring them on land here in NC---

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

We also had this issue, and it worked very smoothly.  Our bank said the card is never truly cancelled; it just carries a $0 credit limit.  The credit from the airline was transferred to our active card almost overnight.  But I had talked to the Security department once I knew the credit was coming.  They were great to work with (darn those prepositions!), gave me a direct phone number and the name of a security agent to work with.  Hope yours goes as easily as ours.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

Trust me from experience you have nothing to worry about.

First if the form is about the fraud go ahead and fill that in.  

Hopefully by now the credit card has been closed and a new one issued.

If you don't want to take the cruise and want a refund, then have the Travel Agency (someone else from the agency who took your agents clients) notify Crystal.  When they issue the refund the credit card company will know to issue the refund to your new credit card which has replaced the one with the fraud.

We've had this happen in the past and it wasn't much different than when you charge a cruise to a credit card and the credit card was replaced either because the card has expired or because of some reason such as them issuing a new card because of enhancements.  In the case of the latter this happened to us with refunds from a Crystal Cruise cancelled due to COVID-19.  All the correspondence with Crystal was associated with the original credit card and its number and when the refunds were finally issued they are applied to the new card. Same was true when we canceled a cruise years ago which was originally charged to a credit card which was closed due to fraud on it.

Keith

• Like 1

In regards to a non-working credit card number, you have two main scenarios:

1) The specific credit card account is still open with the CC company, but with a different number, and

2) The specific credit card account is closed and you do not have an account with that issuing company.

In the former case, the CC company has all of the "number" linkages in their system, so that both your old and new numbers are associated with you.  Consider how you will get, after a current card expires, a card with a completely new number.  That's the same as you "cancelling" a card for loss or fraud.  The underlying account continues, just with a new card number.  You didn't cancel your "account" with the company.

OTOH, if you cancel the card outright and do not maintain a relationship with that lender, the previous number tends to go into limbo.  That's when getting a refund becomes difficult.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 3:31 PM, bitob said:

Lack of cruising has DEFINITELY got to bitob.

If I had my doubts before I now feel convinced that he cannot wait to get on a ship again!

The enthusiasm is really rather infectious.... (but not in a Covid way!)

😎

There are plenty of flights on sale to the Caribbean from the UK this Fall / Winter - especially from BA and Virgin. I wonder......

• Like 2