Symphony: July and August and September and October and November and December

TER777

On 4/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, TER777 said:

No. The notice says deposits do receive the 115%. I received my notices for September- October late yesterday. 

One clarification is that only if you have paid with money (like a credit card) will it result in the extra 15%. There's only a equal return to your account if you paid with FCP, coupon, admin fee, or FCC. 

I had to ask for help from my TA -  because Crystal did not plan to give me the 15%, but I paid with credit card two years ago so the TA is working to get me that additional 15% FCC.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 1:20 AM, vistaman said:

I did receive my cancellation yesterday very late  evening for 12th September.

I find it a far too easy solution by Crystal as  from September vast majority of Europeans are expected to be fully vaccinated ( end of August 2021 Spain Italy Croatia and Greece and W Europe for sure )

They maintain the Esprit so far 

Once again the fact Crystal does depend on US pax for 85 %  and probably US pax still not willing to come over to Europe - a reason as well ??  and the actual condition of the Symphony ?? 

The above was my 10 th cancellation on Crystal since the start of the pandemic 🙃

however I do not expect a special reward for it  at all . 

Many US pax like myself, have been standing ready to come over to Europe for many months now, but we are simply not allowed in ( even if vaccinated) unless we are in a special category like a politician or emergency worker or have permanent residence there ( not just  a vacation house) .  Of course there are some who game the system or have an "in", but I am excluding those. I cannot even visit  a friend in Germany who has cancer.  I am fully vaccinated.  

As of March 18, Iceland welcomes all vaccinated nationalities, but only HL has an Iceland circumnavigation, and you know they now only welcome select people (regardless of vaccine status).

HL - part of the TUi concern - is violating the European rules as from the moment they restarted. No single form of discrimination in the EC is allowed (??? ) based on a nationality and the disguised forms. ( like a place of living or a language ) -  i sent them the opinion complete with sentences of the European Court - no reply.  HL does refer to german authorities but is refusing to mention which one. 

We were booked  - a group of Belgians - on a around Iceland on Inspiration- first we were refused then the cruise was cancelled. 

Ponant is doing around Iceland as well , however if you are used to be on HL Crystal SS - even SB - that is a serious step down - the all inclusive drinks are quite ok :but the gastronomy ??? 😒

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 4:03 PM, Noggins said:

Lack of cruising has DEFINITELY got to bitob.

If I had my doubts before I now feel convinced that he cannot wait to get on a ship again!

The enthusiasm is really rather infectious.... (but not in a Covid way!)

😎

There are plenty of flights on sale to the Caribbean from the UK this Fall / Winter - especially from BA and Virgin. I wonder......

We too are keeping a close watch, as our proposed cruise Athens to Dubai has been cancelled...

Thank you everyone. I contacted AMEX about the credit card issue. The rep said it would automatically go to the new card. I also filled out the form contained in the email and emailed the cruise agent. Hopefully I’ve gotten the ducks in order. I don’t anticipate a quick refund. Fortunately it was just the deposit.

Happy Easter.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, bitob said:

desperate people do desperate things

Summer

Hurricane season

OK with me

The world has changed

I am adapting.

Would I have considered this before the pandemic

NEVER

+1

It might be nice if Symphony could home-port in Reykjavik this summer! That was my very first disembarkation point from Crystal Symphony, in June of 2015. We took a nine-day from NYC. Hardly a soul besides us was exiting there, AFAIK, but we had a fabulous time, and we were hooked on Crystal.

I don’t know what ports would be open, and I’m sure this is just pie-in-the-sky dreaming; but it sure is appealing to a Floridian who loves to leave home in the summer.

• Like 1

Glad my desperation is contagious in a good way . . .

It's amazing how your perspective can change after a "life-changing" event.

For some it's a tragic personal event.  Luckily for us it's "only" the pandemic.

I am now looking at summer 22 itineraries -- I have several things booked for 2022 including on Crystal but I need to fill in the summer months.

4 minutes ago, bitob said:

Glad my desperation is contagious in a good way . . .

It's amazing how your perspective can change after a "life-changing" event.

For some it's a tragic personal event.  Luckily for us it's "only" the pandemic.

I am now looking at summer 22 itineraries -- I have several things booked for 2022 including on Crystal but I need to fill in the summer months.

Where is my WOW button?