So what is your dealbreaker that will keep you away from cruising?

RoyalC

7 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

If mask are required

Plus NOT requiring EVERY person aboard must be vaccinated (including kids) because without this, there could still be an outbreak among the kids.

I'm really tired of masks. If I'm vaccinated they shouldn't be required. I keep hoping I find some places where it's not required. Masks make me feel like I cant see my feet well and dont sit right, just hate them but especially walking and want to see things better. 

I'll probably cruise but not want to rush to book more if I'm in a mask all the time. Some is just silly, if no one is close to me, common sense should rule. 

• Like 4

Although not ideal, we can deal with masks and social distancing.  

Deal breakers for us would be:

• Royal still putting the entire ship in quarantine for a case

And other items not Royal specific but to the overall pandemic

• If Borders aren't open for personal travel between United States and Canada and they still have the rule of having to quarantine in a hotel / at home for 2 weeks on return

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, RoyalC said:

For example:

Vaccine's are required

Vaccine's are not required

Masks are required

Social Distancing required

C & A benefits suspended

Mandatory ship sponsored excursions

and many more... so what is your dealbreaker?

For our cruise in November none of that would affect our decision. If those things were still present in February 2022 it would be a bit more upsetting but we would still go and make the best of it. After that we might decide to forego cruising.

I want to be able to go through an airport and board a cruiseship without having to jump through hoops to go on a vacation like we did in the past. Until that happens, we won't be cruising. Will look for alternate vacations within 500 miles of Christianburg/ Blacksburg , Virginia.

Edited by Jimbo

27 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

• If Borders aren't open for personal travel between United States and Canada and they still have the rule of having to quarantine in a hotel / at home for 2 weeks on return

Same for us. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RoyalC said:

For example:

Vaccine's are required

Vaccine's are not required

Masks are required

Social Distancing required

C & A benefits suspended

Mandatory ship sponsored excursions

and many more... so what is your dealbreaker?

Mine is not on the list... Having to purchase I Phone/Tablet or whatever to show proof of vaccination when we only possess a pay as you go or burner or track phone in American terms.

And why are C/A benefits being suspended?

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

We have been vaccinated and can’t wait to cruise again.  A deal breaker for me would be masks and the whole social distancing thing.  From my perspective if you are not vaccinated you travel at your own risk.  My activities shouldn’t be restricted to try and keep someone safe who has NOT taken available action to mitigate their risk and are participating in a solely voluntary activity.

Now, until we reach the magic “herd immunity” point I will continue to take appropriate action (wearing mask, distancing, etc.) in public venues such as stores where people who have not yet had the opportunity to get vaccinated may congregate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

This ^^^^
Also if there is a "cruise line tours only" mandate in effect. I want to book with local companies and spend my money in the local economy.

• Like 1

Not requiring the vaccine for 12 and up for the next few years until the world is at herd immunity. Now that Pfizer is applying for emergency authorization for the Pfizer for 12-16 age group, the other vaccines won't be far behind in their trials for the teens/tweens.

Pfizer is hoping to have the vaccines available for the 12-16 age group before this upcoming school year. Since we won't be cruising till next summer at the earliest (more work and their quarantine restrictions than anything else,) it will give the cruise lines ample time for the 12-18 age group to be vaccinated and be a requirement along with their current requirements for 18 and older.  

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

I really don't care what they do as long as we cruise.  That kinda thing doesn't bother me in the least, mask or no mask, distance or no distance.  I'll be happy on my balcony watching Deep Blue with meals on the table.  I can have fun and enjoy myself anywhere anytime.  Happiness is a choice.  Go ahead flame me, that doesn't bother me either.

1 minute ago, MacMarauder said:

If I'm going to be restricted to specific parts of the ship at certain times that's a deal breaker for me, I like to wander around without having a set plan.

I haven't heard this one before (?). Where did you hear that?  

I won't cruise w/ masks or social distancing.  I'm vaccinated but don't care if others are/aren't.  Had Adventure booked but since there wasn't any info on masks before final payment date I cancelled.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

And from what I can tell that won't happen until Hell freezes over. 

Hahahaha!   Well, sometimes it's the creak and cracks that really wake me up when I get out bed.  My knees do love to say "good morning"!  😉  Luckily so far...it's a short lived hello.  😄 

With Bucky, if he can't walk any longer at some point...I will happily push his butt all over the ship in a wheel chair.  Actually he did that for me when I broke my foot on Brilliance...during the first night of the cruise no less.  😜🤕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hahahaha!   Well, sometimes it's the creak and cracks that really wake me up when I get out bed.  My knees do love to say "good morning"!  😉  Luckily so far...it's a short lived hello.  😄 

With Bucky, if he can't walk any longer at some point...I will happily push his butt all over the ship in a wheel chair.  Actually he did that for me when I broke my foot on Brilliance...during the first night of the cruise no less.  😜🤕

Welcome to the club. 😉 No matter what, if there's a will, there's a way. 🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WxNerd said:

100% vaccination required (any age). While we love an adults only get away, we also love to travel with our tiny humans who aren’t old enough to get the vaccine. 

RCCL is a family line.  There will always be children on bard.   At this points -those under 18 are not required to be vaccinated.  Probably  a good move for now since there is no vacine approved  for those under 16.  I believe those under 18 must show a negative Corvid test prior to boarding.  I don't know the specifics.