News on Anthem this year just received

Dear Guest,

The past year has been challenging, but we’re getting ready for our Royal Comeback. Over the last 12 months, we’ve worked around the clock preparing for our return. We’ve spent countless hours hyper-focused on developing new protocols and procedures, scheduling new itineraries, and adjusting and evolving our plans.

While we’ve been getting ready, there is still significant uncertainty surrounding resuming operations globally. But, some regions and ports are starting to welcome back travelers and encouraging cruising. Our most recent plan for Anthem of the Seas was to sail from Southampton offering European itineraries. However, as travel requirements throughout most of Europe are still unconfirmed, we’ve made the difficult decision to re-debut Anthem of the Seas in Southampton, exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom, offering Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for the impact to your cruise. Our primary goal continues to be a seamless and healthy return to service. We’ve teamed up and have assembled the “Healthy Sail Panel” - a multifaceted team of globally recognized experts - who is working closely with governments and leading health authorities worldwide to pioneer innovative ways to guide the cruise industry’s path forward in response to the pandemic. It goes without saying, we’re all in this together.

While we are sorry your original sailing will not happen, maybe you can join us on one of our new sailings! And we do have some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use once you can rejoin us!

8 minutes ago, Peewee14 said:

made the difficult decision to re-debut Anthem of the Seas in Southampton, exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom, offering Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation and apologize for the impact to your cruise. Our primary goal continues to be a seamless and healthy return to service. We’ve teamed up and have assembled the “Healthy Sail Panel” - a multifaceted team of globally recognized experts - who is working closely with governments and leading health authorities worldwide to pioneer innovative ways to guide the cruise industry’s path forward in response to the pandemic. It goes without saying, we’re all in this together.

While we are sorry your original sailing will not happen, maybe you can join us on one of our new sailings! And we do have some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use once you can rejoin us!

Interesting, are you in the UK, will you be going on one of the sailcations? 

I guess we know what's happening now. Will be strange for sure having a Brit only cruise. Looking forward to seeing what the prices are 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I guess we know what's happening now. Will be strange for sure having a Brit only cruise. Looking forward to seeing what the prices are 

P&O,Princess, Celebrity,MSC,Marella and Disney so far planning UK staycations cruises this summer.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I think Royal will have seen the P & O website crash so they will be expensive and I think they will sell out almost instantly for anything between 20th July and the end of August (school holidays).

They aren't clear on what vaccines will be required and as a young pup (😂 I wish!) in his late forties I will have no chance of having both so it may be MSC for me unfortunately otherwise I would have booked something when released on 7th April

4 hours ago, Tin can said:

I think Royal will have seen the P & O website crash so they will be expensive and I think they will sell out almost instantly for anything between 20th July and the end of August (school holidays).

They aren't clear on what vaccines will be required and as a young pup (😂 I wish!) in his late forties I will have no chance of having both so it may be MSC for me unfortunately otherwise I would have booked something when released on 7th April

I'm stuck in the same situation.  Late 40s and wondering if I should risk a late August cruise on Anthem as opposed to the MSC option.  The main issue right now is cost.  Was disappointed with the relatively high ( for MSC)  costs ( a dummy booking yesterday was showing £1279 for each adult and £549 for my teen and £249 for child).  Would be interesting to get costs for RCI - likely to be more expensive again but then you have arguably better food, entertainment etc. for that. 

• Like 1

This news is not surprising, It is good to see RCL able to restart revenue based sailings throughout different regions, this will help a little with their monthly money bleed.

Hopefully they price it right and get enough interested cruises to book.   If I was there, I would book it

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There may be US residents sailing her, in December.

We have a September 23rd sailing on her.. Either way we won't be on it. Hoping to Lift and Shift again to 2022.

Just can't get excited about this cruise, not knowing what ports will be like even if they would sail. Just wouldn't be  good first Europe Cruise.

30 minutes ago, dritan said:

I'm stuck in the same situation.  Late 40s and wondering if I should risk a late August cruise on Anthem as opposed to the MSC option.  The main issue right now is cost.  Was disappointed with the relatively high ( for MSC)  costs ( a dummy booking yesterday was showing £1279 for each adult and £549 for my teen and £249 for child).  Would be interesting to get costs for RCI - likely to be more expensive again but then you have arguably better food, entertainment etc. for that. 

Drinks and tips included on MSC...!

• Like 1

Just looked at an online site.  Anthem’s last sailing from U.K. is listed as October 11 -  returning to port October 20.  Could Royal be thinking a TA at the end of October bringing the ship back to  Bayonne?  That is certainly my hope since we have 11/7 and 11/14 trips booked!  Katherine

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have a September 23rd sailing on her.. Either way we won't be on it. Hoping to Lift and Shift again to 2022.

Just can't get excited about this cruise, not knowing what ports will be like even if they would sail. Just wouldn't be  good first Europe Cruise.

@Jimbo We are on same sailing as you- has this been applied to September sailings as well? We won't be cruising but also looking to L & S. Haven't got any email yet. 

46 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

It looks like it only goes through August as Sept and Oct are available to book.  Anyone have information if they have cancelled the Fall sailings as well?

An online site is offering sailings from U.K. thru 10/21.  No Bayonne sailings listed for that time.  

1 hour ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

@Jimbo We are on same sailing as you- has this been applied to September sailings as well? We won't be cruising but also looking to L & S. Haven't got any email yet. 

@Liverpoolfan181,

@Jimbo is on Harmony not Anthem (not sure which one you are on). This current round of cancellations/redeployment is for Anthem only and (so far, at least) affects sailings from the 4th of June to the 29th of August. Posted on Royal's website here: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

"Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents."

Nothing so far relating to Harmony, if that's the ship you're sailing on.

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@Liverpoolfan181,

@Jimbo is on Harmony not Anthem (not sure which one you are on). This current round of cancellations/redeployment is for Anthem only and (so far, at least) affects sailings from the 4th of June to the 29th of August. Posted on Royal's website here: 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

"Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents."

Nothing so far relating to Harmony, if that's the ship you're sailing on.

Ah thanks so much for the clarification! I clearly misread that- I am on the Sept 23 Anthem sailing, so guess it's another wait and see till the option for L&S presents itself and they advise fall sailings. 

Thanks again @FionaMG !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Just looked at an online site.  Anthem’s last sailing from U.K. is listed as October 11 -  returning to port October 20.  Could Royal be thinking a TA at the end of October bringing the ship back to  Bayonne?  That is certainly my hope since we have 11/7 and 11/14 trips booked!  Katherine

I'm currently booked on the Oct 20 to 30 TA, so kinda hoping it sails (allowing US residents on board).

3 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

I am on this cruise too and received the usual email this morning to book my cruise planner items

I also got an email to book cruise planner purchases on my now cancelled July 15th 2021 Cruise 🤨