Has anyone stayed in PS3 6023?

moatenote

We have this cabin, 6023 reserved for 2 upcoming cruises:  Med Odyssey, May 13-25, 2022; and South America and Chilean Fjords, January 4-23, 2023.  I noticed that this cabin often is the only PS3 available on the starboard side (our preference for these 2 cruises), and I started worrying that there may be something about its location that makes it less than desirable.  It is under the lanai and restrooms on deck 7.  Would appreciate any information about it!  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, moatenote said:

We have this cabin, 6023 reserved for 2 upcoming cruises:  Med Odyssey, May 13-25, 2022; and South America and Chilean Fjords, January 4-23, 2023.  I noticed that this cabin often is the only PS3 available on the starboard side (our preference for these 2 cruises), and I started worrying that there may be something about its location that makes it less than desirable.  It is under the lanai and restrooms on deck 7.  Would appreciate any information about it!  Thanks!

I never stayed in that cabin but I can't imagine it being noisy under the women's restroom.  At that end of the lanai is a bookshelf.  We do love being by the forward elevators on other floors.  Only comment is if you are doing South America from Buenos Aires to Santiago, you want to be on the SB side of the ship.  But if you are going the opposite direction land facing is on the PS.

We were in 6032 last Dec on Jupiter, Santiago to Buenos Aires.  We loved it, no issues with noise, great location.  Fabulous cruise I'm sure you will love it too. 😀

3 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

I never stayed in that cabin but I can't imagine it being noisy under the women's restroom.  At that end of the lanai is a bookshelf.  We do love being by the forward elevators on other floors.  Only comment is if you are doing South America from Buenos Aires to Santiago, you want to be on the SB side of the ship.  But if you are going the opposite direction land facing is on the PS.

We are going from Buenos Aires to Santiago, and that's why we chose the starboard side cabin.  Based on a copy of the Deck Plans, it looks like we're under a men's and women's restroom (surely those guys wouldn't be too noisy, right???.  That's good news about what's in the lanai at that point.

48 minutes ago, JER/MPR said:

We were in 6032 last Dec on Jupiter, Santiago to Buenos Aires.  We loved it, no issues with noise, great location.  Fabulous cruise I'm sure you will love it too. 😀

Did you mean 6023??  If so, that's great news that you had no problems with noise (I'm a very light sleeper).  Really looking forward to this cruise--everyone seems to love it!

Moatenote, we have stayed in both 6023 (once) and 6019 (twice).  We loved them both.  No problem with noise or (for us) problems with motion as it isn't as high as the PS cabins on decks 7 and 8. Being a little less expensive the the PS 2's and 1's and having the exact same benefits and accommodations is also something to be considered.  The handicapped accommodations in 6020 and 6022 provide a different cabin and bathroom arrangement which are better suited to those really needing them. 

The location near the 2 forward elevators and stairs is no problem since they are not used as much as the ones further aft in the ship.  And the sound levels are well modulated when your cabin door is closed.

Hope this helps.

Senior Gators 

3 hours ago, Senior Gators said:

Moatenote, we have stayed in both 6023 (once) and 6019 (twice).  We loved them both.  No problem with noise or (for us) problems with motion as it isn't as high as the PS cabins on decks 7 and 8. Being a little less expensive the the PS 2's and 1's and having the exact same benefits and accommodations is also something to be considered.  The handicapped accommodations in 6020 and 6022 provide a different cabin and bathroom arrangement which are better suited to those really needing them. 

The location near the 2 forward elevators and stairs is no problem since they are not used as much as the ones further aft in the ship.  And the sound levels are well modulated when your cabin door is closed.

Hope this helps.

Senior Gators 

Yes, that helps a lot in putting my concerns to rest--thank you!