Recently, I followed up with Crystal Cruises about some items which have been raised and have just posted on two other threads.

Another one I asked about is Solo Dining.  I know this has been discussed on a few threads.

I have been advised that Crystal Clear 4.1 is being updated on solo dining and will note for Serenity and Symphony:

Dedicated tables for solo travelers wishing to dine with other guests will be available, set with physical distancing considerations.

Keith

Crystal Clear 4.1 updated now. Regarding solo dining:

New for 4.1: Dedicated tables for solo travelers wishing to dine with other guests will be available, set with physical distancing considerations

Posted (edited)

Thanks Keith.  I usually dine by myself when sailing solo but also enjoy eating with people I have met onboard.  Really, though,  what is the difference of 4 solos sharing a table or two couples who met on board sharing?  As long as the table isn't crowded I will feel just fine sharing with someone outside of my "travel group".  After all, EVERYONE will be vaccinated!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
Added info
1 hour ago, oakridger said:

Really, though,  what is the difference of 4 solos sharing a table or two couples who met on board sharing?  As long as the table isn't crowded I will feel just fine sharing with someone outside of my "travel group".  After all, EVERYONE will be vaccinated!

~Nancy

Exactly!     

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Someone really needs to teach them about version numbering.  😁

Vince

Yeah, but maybe this is their "version" of version numbering... 😄

2 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

Yeah, but maybe this is their "version" of version numbering... 😄

Well, in my IT days, we had edition, version, modification.  So maybe Crystal Clean 4.1.1?

3 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Crystal Clear 4.1 updated now. Regarding solo dining:

New for 4.1: Dedicated tables for solo travelers wishing to dine with other guests will be available, set with physical distancing considerations

Seriously, sounds like four solos seated at a table for eight.  Not ideal, but it's something.

I hear those of you who think if four solos can dine at a table why not two couples.  Let's give things time to loosen up based on the experience Crystal gains with all of this.  

The good news is if you are traveling with another person you have someone to dine with at dinner.

If you do not and are solo before this change you were on your own.  Now you are not.

For those traveling solo I am glad they have revised this. 

Keith

Posted (edited)

Thanks Keith. That is good to know. I am glad Crystal is trying hard to come with solutions for its guests. We are all learning in this process.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin