Understanding Seabourn pricing

dalliowner

We are looking to rebooking our Spring 2020 cancelled cruise from Dubai to Piraeus. I am used to looking a year forward and thinking that looks expensive but within the year it usually looks better. I cannot understand why the 2022 cruise is from £7699 but the same  for 2023 is from £6499. Very strange.

In my opinion SB is raising the 2022 price because many of us have the 25% premium on our canceled cruises deposits/fares that must be used 2022 or forfeited. It will be interesting to see if these fares will sell.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:18 PM, Kayak lk said:

In my opinion SB is raising the 2022 price because many of us have the 25% premium on our canceled cruises deposits/fares that must be used 2022 or forfeited. It will be interesting to see if these fares will sell.

This is exactly what I think and this was predicted a year ago when they started handing out 125% credit. They've just moved prices to cover the 'credit' in the near term although I still think they'll try to keep them higher than previously longer term too. I think all the current fares will 'sell' as there's a lot of people with credit they have to use plus a lot of pent-up demand to cruise. We're not expecting to even look at cruising for a year or two until supply and demand level out. 

Edited by rols

36 minutes ago, rols said:

This is exactly what I think and this was predicted a year ago when they started handing out 125% credit. They've just moved prices to cover the 'credit' in the near term although I still think they'll try to keep them higher than previously longer term too. I think all the current fares will 'sell' as there's a lot of people with credit they have to use plus a lot of pent-up demand to cruise. We're not expecting to even look at cruising for a year or two until supply and demand level out. 

What amazes me is that some cruises in Australia and New Zealand in 2020 which were AUD 6999 For 16 nights are now 8999 or even 9999. Taking us for a ride in my opinion .

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

Don't believe the marketing hype...  CCL has been saying the same thing for a year now...

Edited by Ride-The-Waves
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking at a Seabourn cruise and I got a few quotes from a few different TAs - it looks like the fare is the same no matter the agency? Is the only difference between agencies is the OBC or other perks?

In the US, it should be roughly the same but not identical, some TAs will dip into their commissions / incentives to lower the price - this is normally in the low single digit % range. 

Travel industry pricing.....It's impossible to figure.   If you were working on the computers in Seattle for Seabourn, you would not be able to figure it out.   Hotels, planes.....cruising is probably the most explainable.    From a cost perspective, 2021 is a good year to stay within 50 miles of home if living in USA.   No desire to join the wave of pent up travelers during next twelve months.

I bit the bullet and booked the Greek Isles  cruise on Ovation - I was happy with the price I paid. I’m feeling confident that the cruise will happen but also have contingency plans should it not. This will be our first “luxury” cruise and I am worried we won’t be able to go back to standard lines

Lisacope

Congratulations...very jealous! When are you sailing?

Believe me - after taking a Seabourn cruise.....you will NOT be able to go back 😂t to a mainstream line

We took our first Jan20 before everything started shutting down and it is what has gotten me thru these past 15 months (thinking about the amazing trip we had). We just finished paying off our home mortgage and now those funds are earmarked each month for our next Seabourn cruise !

I keep dropping hints to my wife about an October Greece sailing 😉

Bob 

51 minutes ago, robertmartha said:

Lisacope

Congratulations...very jealous! When are you sailing?

Believe me - after taking a Seabourn cruise.....you will NOT be able to go back 😂t to a mainstream line

We took our first Jan20 before everything started shutting down and it is what has gotten me thru these past 15 months (thinking about the amazing trip we had). We just finished paying off our home mortgage and now those funds are earmarked each month for our next Seabourn cruise !

I keep dropping hints to my wife about an October Greece sailing 😉

Bob 

Thanks Bob! We are doing a 7 day Greek Isle cruise in September! A luxury cruise has been in my sites for awhile but the combo of timeframe/itinerary/ability to travel had not lined up until now! 

2 hours ago, Lisacope said:

I bit the bullet and booked the Greek Isles  cruise on Ovation - I was happy with the price I paid. I’m feeling confident that the cruise will happen but also have contingency plans should it not. This will be our first “luxury” cruise and I am worried we won’t be able to go back to standard lines

You are very correct on that point.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lisacope said:

This will be our first “luxury” cruise and I am worried we won’t be able to go back to standard lines

There's no need to worry you won't be able to go back to mainstream cruise lines after a luxury cruise. Completely erase that worry from your mind. Because it's a FACT that you won't be able to go back. See, worries eliminated. 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruiseej said:

There's no need to worry you won't be able to go back to mainstream cruise lines after a luxury cruise. Completely erase that worry from your mind. Because it's a FACT that you won't be able to go back. See, worries eliminated. 😉

100% Agree!  The price is measurably higher, but the space, quality, personal attention and lack of mobs of people make it our preferred choice.  Don't demand perfection, but in comparison to the 3,000+ capacity boats it's truly a wonderful vacation.  We are on the 7/17 thru 8/7 on the Ovation also.  Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Neverlookback said:

100% Agree!  The price is measurably higher, but the space, quality, personal attention and lack of mobs of people make it our preferred choice.  Don't demand perfection, but in comparison to the 3,000+ capacity boats it's truly a wonderful vacation.  We are on the 7/17 thru 8/7 on the Ovation also.  Enjoy!

I’m excited about the higher standard for the food! And the cabins seem pretty nice!

It almost goes without saying that you will be very much at ease on Seabourn as will your new friends. There is no nickel and diming, just people relaxing and imbibing and eating fine fare. And a lot of relaxed conversation. It’s easy if you let it be. Ok, a few people may stand out when they make a fuss or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves (you know, rudeness to staff, how much money they have and their politics), but then I imagine they could do with a pre-embarkation session on good manners…

Welcome to Seabourn!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markham said:

It almost goes without saying that you will be very much at ease on Seabourn as will your new friends. There is no nickel and diming, just people relaxing and imbibing and eating fine fare. And a lot of relaxed conversation. It’s easy if you let it be. Ok, a few people may stand out when they make a fuss or otherwise make a nuisance of themselves (you know, rudeness to staff, how much money they have and their politics), but then I imagine they could do with a pre-embarkation session on good manners…

Welcome to Seabourn!

Thanks! I don’t think there is a roll call for the cruise yet - maybe I should start one!

Another pricing question. US booking. Sebourn site says cruise is eligible for Welcome Aboard Special Offers, which includes internet minutes, 300 OBC, Combo-Cruise pricing and additional 5% savings with a club membership. 

I get the same final price if I'm logged in or not, so this implies the 5% is reflected in the price because (even if it's your 1st cruise with them), you'll be a club member when you book. That's a real cheesy way of promoting a discount.

Note, when logged in, I do get another 5% off when I apply a Future Cruise Deposit, but that's not what the site is referring to. At least  I hope not.

5 hours ago, mraven said:

Another pricing question. US booking. Sebourn site says cruise is eligible for Welcome Aboard Special Offers, which includes internet minutes, 300 OBC, Combo-Cruise pricing and additional 5% savings with a club membership. 

I get the same final price if I'm logged in or not, so this implies the 5% is reflected in the price because (even if it's your 1st cruise with them), you'll be a club member when you book. That's a real cheesy way of promoting a discount.

Note, when logged in, I do get another 5% off when I apply a Future Cruise Deposit, but that's not what the site is referring to. At least  I hope not.

Don't know if this is helpful - I got the internet minutes and the OBC you are talking about

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/06/03/carnival-mardi-gras-arrives-at-port-canaveral-friday/

Saw this today online.... nearly 6,500 passengers.  I am sure it will be an awesome cruise experience for many folks, but for me the extra space, personal attention, ease of maneuvering and many other details are why Seabourn is a preferred choice and value for my treasured travel time.