Symphony Caribbean cruises 2021?

The good news is in a few weeks we should know for sure the itinerary including the embarkation/disembarkation port for the ship.  My guess is we are all wrong including the ports I mentioned.  There are so many possibilities but just like Nassau it will probably come down to a port where Crystal is welcomed, is a viable port for turnaround including getting provisions and hopefully one with viable options for flights.  I'll stick my neck out and say it won't be Nassau but as they say time will tell. 

Keith

I am truly hoping that they will have 2 different itineraries that run every other sailing, making a b2b more enticing (even though the Caribbean as a destination is not enticing to us  LOL).  Sea days would be just fine.

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

I am truly hoping that they will have 2 different itineraries that run every other sailing, making a b2b more enticing (even though the Caribbean as a destination is not enticing to us  LOL).  Sea days would be just fine.

I learned the name for that type of schedule recently: butterfly itineraries. Isn’t that nice? I agree, I hope they do it! I’m guessing they’re frantically working on it.

I’d be tempted with cruises out of Bermuda, but I think they’d have to be your cruises to nowhere, Bitob! Or they could stop at some Bahamian islands!!! Bimini, midweek?

11 minutes ago, bitob said:

FWIW, Celebrity is doing that with their SXM itineraries.  One down to Aruba/Curacao and the other to St Lucia/Barbados, with both stopping in Tortola.

13 minutes ago, May B said:

I learned the name for that type of schedule recently: butterfly itineraries. Isn’t that nice? I agree, I hope they do it! I’m guessing they’re frantically working on it.

I’d be tempted with cruises out of Bermuda, but I think they’d have to be your cruises to nowhere, Bitob! Or they could stop at some Bahamian islands!!! Bimini, midweek?

Thanks for the smile Muriel -- I haven't heard that expression in years!  I guess that's one of the casualties of the way we market everything online these days -- you rarely see the maps with the alternating itineraries traced out together.

Vince

5 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

I'll float a guess: Nassau, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, TBD, Nassau

An itinerary guaranteed to have me never leaving the ship.

1 minute ago, FlyerTalker said:

An itinerary guaranteed to have me never leaving the ship.

Me too.  Although if you substitute Miami for Nassau this is a pretty common industry itinerary in normal times.

There are very few ports where i would get off.

I don't think the ship will be empty on port days.

I am hoping Crystal realizes that those of us who choose these otherwise less desirable itineraries in the heat of summer and hurricane season are doing so to have the ship as our destination -- and perhaps they will schedule  more than the usual minimal activities on port days.

35 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Me too.  Although if you substitute Miami for Nassau this is a pretty common industry itinerary in normal times.

For the mass market mega-ships.  If I ever go to Cozumel again, it will be way too soon

You could say that about every port in the Caribbean- - especially for most of us on these boards who are very well travelled.    The ship is my destination -- I am ignoring the itinerary.

21 minutes ago, bitob said:

This thread is really funny -- everyone struggling to find something nice to say about Caribbean ports.

No problem there. Any Caribbean port is better than anyplace here in Canada in January or February!!!😁😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bitob said:

This thread is really funny -- everyone struggling to find something nice to say about Caribbean ports.

Good Painkillers at Woody's on St. John.  Howler monkeys, iguanas, manatees, and the rare jaguar, Belize River.  That's about it....

Edited by flyingshoes
18 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

For the mass market mega-ships.  If I ever go to Cozumel again, it will be way too soon

Cozumel has amazing sea life though. Scuba diving there is fantastic. I don't know if you can snorkel there but I would imagine you can. 

Breaking news???

A friend reports that his TA was just told by Crystal that Symphony will be doing 10-day sailings (start date not known) between Miami and Puerto Rico and back. And also that the January 6 Melbourne to Sydney segment is cancelled. 

Between the CDC, the Governor of Florida and his stance on proof of vaccinations and the Jan 6 itinerary still available for booking, I don't know whether this is accurate or not. Anyone else hear something similar or different?

3 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Breaking news???

A friend reports that his TA was just told by Crystal that Symphony will be doing 10-day sailings (start date not known) between Miami and Puerto Rico and back. And also that the January 6 Melbourne to Sydney segment is cancelled. 

Between the CDC, the Governor of Florida and his stance on proof of vaccinations and the Jan 6 itinerary still available for booking, I don't know whether this is accurate or not. Anyone else hear something similar or different?

Is that a 10-day segment starting in Miami and ending in Puerto Rico (and vice versa), or a 10-day roundtrip from Miami that also calls in Puerto Rico?  I wouldn't normally ask for clarification but Miami-PR would be allowed for sale under a conditional PVSA exclusion, so either one is possible without the usual port call qualifiers.

Vince

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Is that a 10-day segment starting in Miami and ending in Puerto Rico (and vice versa), or a 10-day roundtrip from Miami that also calls in Puerto Rico?  I wouldn't normally ask for clarification but Miami-PR would be allowed for sale under a conditional PVSA exclusion, so either one is possible without the usual port call qualifiers.

Vince

It was told to me as Miami to PR. Again, no idea as to accuracy.

Edited by TER777
1 minute ago, TER777 said:

It was told to me as Miami to PR. Again, no idea as to accuracy.

I appreciate the early tip!  Looking forward to hearing more as it comes out...

Vince

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Breaking news???

It may be that the statement that the January 6 sailing was cancelled was caused by confusion in that my friend's holiday cruise which was booked with Jan 6 back-to-back was cancelled. Perhaps that caused the Jan 6 to be cancelled in friend's account only, as when he logs into his Crystal Society account it does not show up. 

39 minutes ago, bitob said:

I will ask my TA to see what he can find out

Thank you, bitob. My TA is off on Monday's so I can't ask her.

So if the Symphony is to be in Caribbean summer/fall and in Australia come January, might there be a holiday Pacific crossing? If so, sign me up! (Please!!)