Promising news from MIami

1 minute ago, d12j28 said:

Maybe I needed to be more specific with "MY" scenario and the risks involved.

Oh, I wasn't necessarily jabbing at you in particular.

As for the double quote, you can edit and delete the extraneous one, if you are fast enough (20 min after initial posting, I think?).  Put your cursor right after the quote and hit backspace.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Oh, I wasn't necessarily jabbing at you in particular.

As for the double quote, you can edit and delete the extraneous one, if you are fast enough (20 min after initial posting, I think?).  Put your cursor right after the quote and hit backspace.

Thanks, did try that but for whatever reason the one quote wouldn't delete so just took the text out to save space.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:37 AM, skridge said:

You are lucky to live in a place where everyone is complying with the protocols.  I can see how you would not have a realistic perspective of what is going on because you haven't had first hand experience with the don't tread on me crowd during the pandemic.  Consider yourself lucky.

Having just spent a week in San Diego, It isn't just folks from certain areas who don't want to wear masks, no one does. People are sick of it. I strolled down the ocean front walk several times as I was staying steps away from it and had an expansive view of it from the condo, maybe 5% tops on any given day wearing a mask. Same with sidewalks or general strolling outdoors. This is a crowded area and yet I felt perfectly safe because it's outdoors and everyone was pretty much keeping it moving (common sense). That said, It wasn't required to have a mask while walking outside or eating/drinking (obviously) so to many it may look like a FL situation (or insert any other area that is considered "don't tread on me"). Everywhere else though, entering a establishment/store etc, masks were worn nearly 100%. If someone where to base their opinion on only one aspect of compliance, while ignoring the nearly 100% compliance with sensible protocols, it would be easy to see how conclusions may be drawn that aren't entirely accurate.  

On 4/11/2021 at 2:44 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Having just spent a week in San Diego, It isn't just folks from certain areas who don't want to wear masks, no one does. People are sick of it. I strolled down the ocean front walk several times as I was staying steps away from it and had an expansive view of it from the condo, maybe 5% tops on any given day wearing a mask. Same with sidewalks or general strolling outdoors. This is a crowded area and yet I felt perfectly safe because it's outdoors and everyone was pretty much keeping it moving (common sense). That said, It wasn't required to have a mask while walking outside or eating/drinking (obviously) so to many it may look like a FL situation (or insert any other area that is considered "don't tread on me"). Everywhere else though, entering a establishment/store etc, masks were worn nearly 100%. If someone where to base their opinion on only one aspect of compliance, while ignoring the nearly 100% compliance with sensible protocols, it would be easy to see how conclusions may be drawn that aren't entirely accurate.  

I am drawing my conclusion from walking into gas stations in rural communities while I am traveling.  I am lucky enough to live in an area that people for the most part have been compliant with wearing masks indoors.  I have never once in all my comments on these boards said I wanted people to wear masks outdoors.