4-2-2021 CDC has issued new guidance

48 minutes ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

This post is not intended in any way to be critical of you.  But I believe you've been the victim of dangerous misinformation.  I'm not going to repeat your link, nor go over the whole article, but illustrate the point using one of the links in it.

Near the end, the article says the following:

"We close by reiterating the warning in the JAMA publication that 'Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.' "

The link brings you an outdated March 4, 2020 picture-poster piece of patient education, not a research paper.  It's not in any way a 'warning', and has nothing to do with the 'dangers' of masks.

The article you reference says absolutely nothing about the abundant evidence from actual peer-reviewed studies, published in JAMA, that masks can help prevent covid.  Nor does it mention that the FDA tests and certifies masks for covid protection. 

Unfortunately, it is a slimy piece of faux-academic window dressing designed to provide support for a political point of view.  If the article had been submitted for publication in an actual scientific journal instead of a political shop, the deceptions in the piece would have been caught by the reviewers.

As I've said before, I believe this kind of misinformation may have caused thousands of Covid deaths last winter, maybe more.  We'll probably never know for sure. But one thing I can be sure of.  If this article is typical, I wouldn't trust anything published by this 'Institute'.

Your patience is absolutely remarkable.  God bless!