Technical Instructions for a Cruise Ship Operator’s Agreement with Port and Local Health Authorities under CDC’s Framework fo

BlerkOne

Vaccination Components of a Cruise Ship Operator’s Agreement with Port and Local Health Authorities

CDC recommends that all eligible port personnel and travelers (passengers and crew) get a COVID-19 vaccine when one is available to them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Vaccination Components of a Cruise Ship Operator’s Agreement with Port and Local Health Authorities

CDC recommends that all eligible port personnel and travelers (passengers and crew) get a COVID-19 vaccine when one is available to them.

This mention along with use of only FDA or WHO approved vaccines, makes it fairly clear to the cruise lines that their path to restoring cruises will be through vaccinated individuals.

• Like 4

Sounds good!  Those worried about their freedom are free to take another type of vacation where a vaccine is not required.  Personally,  part of my decision to get the vaccine is my responsibility to my fellow man.  I would feel terrible if someone caught covid from me.  While I might not be at risk of death,  the person I give it to might be.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

But does not require vaccination.  Will be interesting to see how the various cruise lines respond...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Sounds good!  Those worried about their freedom are free to take another type of vacation where a vaccine is not required.  Personally,  part of my decision to get the vaccine is my responsibility to my fellow man.  I would feel terrible if someone caught covid from me.  While I might not be at risk of death,  the person I give it to might be.  

These are my thoughts as well.  I have managed to stay Covid free for the duration of the pandemic, but I would hate to unknowingly pass this virus to someone else.  So I have gotten my 1st dose when it became available to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We waited a year for...this? 

Just proves the CDCP is careless incompetent bureaucracy.  An intern at the Forest Service could have come up with this.

All of this will be accomplished with a 10 minute meeting among the line, the port and the State.  On behalf of Florida, we're ready and have been since June.

Remember, all the theme park plans were approved basically overnight and reportedly by email only.  

Oh, and sorry to break it to some people, 'recommend' means don't bother.  I think the CDCP is in avoid-getting-sued mode right now.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bafinegan said:

But does not require vaccination.  Will be interesting to see how the various cruise lines respond...

I think it might mean extra mitigation steps and expense might be needed if not.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Only theme parks in US appendage sucking up to a certain base.

"Recommend" often means if you do it it will be easier than if you don't.

Can't wait for that idiot Florida governor to try to executive order his way around.

Why are you always so mean?  All I do is remind everyone how great things are in Florida because they are.  And a lot of it is because we've ignored much if the bureaucratic nonsense/nonscience coming out of Atlanta.

Instead of always coming across as bitter and jealous, tell us how great things are where you are and share some examples of things your State has done to achieve a better outcome than Florida.

Brace yourself, many of the thousands and thousands of visitors to our parks are from...gasp!...other States, including yours.  And we're happy for the business. 

The CDCP is in a no-win situation.  They're preparing to dump this on the States to avoid having to defend a lawsuit.  And we're ready to laugh them off the pier when none of their scarey predictions come to pass.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

bettah

550984731_168972538_309601493857051_2400543628326283773_n.jpg.70552bc56f25c7c3e8878707cc4b6a8b.jpg

I would be nice if they published a proposed timeline. I know things can change. Without some type of timeline it is just a pretty pamphlet. We will know more if we see some type of action by the cruise lines based on this announcement. 

2 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I would be nice if they published a proposed timeline. I know things can change. Without some type of timeline it is just a pretty pamphlet. We will know more if we see some type of action by the cruise lines based on this announcement. 

Basic timeline will be controlled by how quickly vaccine availability expands to the point of corporate purchases. Specifically, once vaccine supplies expand enough that corporations can begin purchasing US stockpiles in order to vaccinate largely foreign crews whose home country doesn't have any CDC or WHO approved vaccine,  then things will accelerate. Add in overall US vaccination numbers high enough that cruise lines can fill ships with vaccinated individuals only, then you will see movement.

10 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

home country doesn't have any CDC or WHO approved vaccine  

The US doesn't have any "approved" vaccines either, it only has "emergency use authorized" vaccines.  It's an important distinction.  FDA 'approval' is a much longer process that has not yet been completed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Lives depend on it.

If this is true (pertaining to covid), then why are kids and teachers being packed into rooms designed for 20 people with 33 or more people in it? I can't understand the hypocrisy of the this statement. 

1. No one has died from covid after being vaccinated
  2. The likelihood of dying from covid is about the same as a coconut falling from a tree and killing you sitting on the beach. 
  3. You are far more likely to die in a car crash driving to a port terminal than you are to die from covid.
  • Like 5

On 4/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, Banditswife said:

These are my thoughts as well.  I have managed to stay Covid free for the duration of the pandemic, but I would hate to unknowingly pass this virus to someone else.  So I have gotten my 1st dose when it became available to me.

There is considerable evidence that you still can give someone Covid post vaccine and due to the vaccine have a much higher rate of being asymptomatic. At least pre vaccine there was a better chance of knowing you were sick and trying to isolate yourself. 

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/large-trial-underway-to-determine-if-vaccinated-people-can-catch-transmit-covid-19

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

If this is true (pertaining to covid), then why are kids and teachers being packed into rooms designed for 20 people with 33 or more people in it? I can't understand the hypocrisy of the this statement. 

1. No one has died from covid after being vaccinated

NOT TRUE!

1. The likelihood of dying from covid is about the same as a coconut falling from a tree and killing you sitting on the beach. 

NOT TRUE. URBAN LEGEND at best. But if you accept the unverified number of 150 deaths (not just at the beach), Covid has exceeded millions of deaths.

1. You are far more likely to die in a car crash driving to a port terminal than you are to die from covid.

Perhaps plausible, but I doubt you can produce verifiable numbers on that. If this is a concern, take the cruise line bus.

There are no verifiable numbers for covid either. The data was corrupt from Day 1. All that can be done is assumptions on death totals. In most of those cases, there were multiple co-morbidities that are far more a factor to the death than covid. But hey, go on believing what you want. In my case and 100% of the people I know that had covid, all had minor symptoms at worse. That is over 100 people. If we use the statistics the lemmings believe, 3 of my friends should be dead, 18 still in ICU. 

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1