Technical Instructions for a Cruise Ship Operator’s Agreement with Port and Local Health Authorities under CDC’s Framework fo

BlerkOne

17 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

In my case and 100% of the people I know that had covid, all had minor symptoms at worse. That is over 100 people. If we use the statistics the lemmings believe, 3 of my friends should be dead, 18 still in ICU.

Did you know that the average person has a circle of friends and acquaintances that are not actually the same profile as the overall population?  I would suspect none of the folks you know that got COVID were high risk.

My circle of friends etc (say about 100 contacts) consists primarily of people over 40 years old, all the way up to their 80s.  But none are in nursing homes, etc.  But also no teenagers, a few in their twenties (daughter and friends).  A few co-workers in their 30s.

I know one person that died, non-one else close had to go to the ICU.  But a good friend has a different circle of friends, and he has lost several friends to COVID.  And other friends/family have friends that are or were in the ICU, and some have been in the hospital for months.

I count myself lucky, rather than denying that other people have suffered.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Verifiable is that average life expectancy has dropped by a year in the US because of Covid. Deniers gonna deny.

Sooooo  89 instead of 90?😬 Now i really need to get cruising or i'll never make Diamond....sigh.

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

Sooooo  89 instead of 90?😬 Now i really need to get cruising or i'll never make Diamond....sigh.

Actually it dropped a full year in the first half of 2020, from 78 and change to 77 and change. The drop for males was a little over a year and was to 75.

U.S. Life Expectancy Dropped In First Half Of 2020 : NPR

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Verifiable is that average life expectancy has dropped by a year in the US because of Covid. Deniers gonna deny.

1 year drop is nothing statistically.  The 2020 death totals are not completed and verified yet.  The life expectancy currently stated for 2020 is well within norms. 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, BlerkOne said:

Today the media reports that the CDC indicates there is almost no chance of contracting COVID-19 from surface transmission, I hope they take this into consideration with the new rules. Chance of contracting COVID-19 from surfaces nearly zero: CDC (msn.com)

1 hour ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

1 year drop is nothing statistically.  The 2020 death totals are not completed and verified yet.  The life expectancy currently stated for 2020 is well within norms. 

Some would disagree:

“Life expectancy has mostly been increasing from year to year,” said Arias. Even before 2018, Arias said life expectancy estimates tended to be almost the same or decrease very slightly, for instance by a few tenths of a year.

At the same time, Aburto said, life expectancy in the U.S. has not significantly increased in the last decade, which is already a deviation from much of the world and particularly unusual for a high-income country like the U.S. A decline of a full year, Aburto said, is even more unheard of, which he said points to the “unprecedented burden on life expectancy” the pandemic has taken.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/18/u-s-life-expectancy-fell-by-a-year-in-the-first-half-of-2020-cdc-report-finds/

When your sample size is almost three million (2.89 million deaths in 2019, all causes, in the US), and has varied by 0.2, almost always increasing, every year since 1981 (and was increasing by slightly greater but steady amounts in the decade previously), then yes, a drop of over 1 in just one year is statistically significant.

It is quite significant considering the norm was an upward trend. Over half a million dead Americans would think so, too.

It is extremely significant statistically given the sample size.

23 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

There are no verifiable numbers for covid either. The data was corrupt from Day 1. All that can be done is assumptions on death totals. In most of those cases, there were multiple co-morbidities that are far more a factor to the death than covid. But hey, go on believing what you want. In my case and 100% of the people I know that had covid, all had minor symptoms at worse. That is over 100 people. If we use the statistics the lemmings believe, 3 of my friends should be dead, 18 still in ICU. 

My wife only cared for over 100 patients who ended up dying of COVID. I lost 5 clients to COVID.

But you know what? All of my friends and family that had COVID did recover, granted they were mostly 20-40 years of age