Saturday Covid Test - Same Day Result - Miami Area ?

Posted (edited)

I'm from the UK and planning ahead - I appreciate the info may be obsolete by the time our need arises.

Assuming cruises have restarted from Miami and Port Canaveral by late September, we "may" need to get a Covid Test done - on Saturday September 4th in Miami, with same day results.

Are there many places we can get this service please? - what are approximate costs?

We are due on an MSC cruise August 28th - for that one we can get a Covid test in UK prior to travel.

Then we have 1 night shore before boarding another MSC cruise departing Port Canaveral on September 5th - and we MIGHT need to show a negative covid certificate to board that one. So we would need to take the test on the Saturday, get the results later that day/evening and then drive to Port Canaveral next morning.

There is a looooong discussion to be had about vaccine passports, covid tests, the new Florida vaccine passport ban and the new CDC statement BUT that can all stay in another thread if possible please.

Edited by Couple-Somerset

Sept is a LONG way off.  It's already pretty easy to get same day results at different pharmacies, even my own doctors office.  So much will change by then.  Don't stress yourself over this one.  Getting tested here is already super easy, it's only going to be that much easier in Sept.  You should circle back to this sometime late August when you know more about what you'll need.

You might also be given a covid test on the ship before entering the US. If it's within 2 days, you might not need another one.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, OVgirl said:

You might also be given a covid test on the ship before entering the US. If it's within 2 days, you might not need another one.

This, too.  By then I think it's highly likely the ships will be doing their own COVID testing.  It's just way too early to plan ahead for it.

1 hour ago, BNBR said:

This, too.  By then I think it's highly likely the ships will be doing their own COVID testing.  It's just way too early to plan ahead for it.

Not only that but the Mayor of Miami is working to set up an onsite covid testing lab at Port Miami so other ports may follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...