Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That one already happened. 

Here is the CC thread

Here are my website posts:

https://saintgregtravel.com/category/barcelo-maya/

Next up is Carnival Mardi Gras in less than 4 weeks! Thread will be posted on the carnival board in less than 3 weeks.

The Mardi Gras is the one I meant, I followed you on both Mexico vacations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Saint Greg Thank you for this. We leave on Tuesday the 24th (this time next week we'll be there)! I had just told my bf to get some ones and fives. I'm sorry to hear you didn't see a lot of tipping. I think most of the complaints I've read are from people that don't tip and then wonder why their service may not be "stellar". We have the same type of room and I was worried about the reviews saying they had kids near them. Glad to hear it really wasn't an issue for you.

I read somewhere that bugs (mosquitos, flies, etc.) were bad. Any comment?

Would you recommend upgrading to Star class or did you think it unnecessary?

Really can't express how relieved your thread has made me. Haven't done an AI since 2010. Last cruise was in Jan 2020, so I am really looking forward to this.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

@Saint Greg Thank you for this. We leave on Tuesday the 24th (this time next week we'll be there)! I had just told my bf to get some ones and fives. I'm sorry to hear you didn't see a lot of tipping. I think most of the complaints I've read are from people that don't tip and then wonder why their service may not be "stellar". We have the same type of room and I was worried about the reviews saying they had kids near them. Glad to hear it really wasn't an issue for you.

Really can't express how relieved your thread has made me. Haven't done an AI since 2010. Last cruise was in Jan 2020, so I am really looking forward to this.

I'm happy that the sargassum situation situation here has eased up for your upcoming trip, it's been pretty bad this season and continues to be an issue all along the Riviera Maya. If you want to monitor it this site is updated weekly.

Most people do tip, those that do not may feel they should be treated special, or may just be from Europe but should know that tipping here is normal. The workers really do work so hard here and appreciate your tips The problem we see here (we live in the RM but have stayed at a couple nice resorts this year) are tourists who feel they do not need to follow the safety protocols and have little concern for workers safety. Many of these workers found a way to support their families while out of work for several months, and appreciate guests who follow the safety protocols. Enjoy your getaway and be safe!

May be an image of map

Edited by blue_water

On 8/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, JennyB1977 said:

I heard about people having bug issues. I brought my OFF sport but I never had to use it. I saw two mosquitos the whole time.

I personally didn't feel like I was missing out on anything not having star class. Especially if you're on the adult side and trying to avoid the kids. There will be kids in the star class pool. One day I saw some parents had a baby in a floatie in the star class hot tub.

@MeganGC1983 Had star class a month after I was there and may have something to say about it.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, JennyB1977 said:

We really like the Star Class grill at the SC pool. Very good food. Probably the best food we ate there. The flank steak was excellent. We also enjoyed the SC lounges with the snacks and wine bars. If they are booking at more than 60-70%, I could see the exclusive beach and buffet seating being really helpful too with Star Class. 
As far as bugs, we didn’t use our spray. 

• 2 months later...