5 hours ago, GA Dave said:

I am so glad I gave up looking for cruises a couple of months ago.  No more stressing if anything is going to actually happen.  I now have four vacations planned between now and the end of the year and none of them have anything to do with cruising, and I know they will not be "cancelled" as all of the involved facilities have been operating since last summer.

Good for you! Sounds like you should be busy planning and packing. Enjoy all four of your wonderful vacations and allow those that want to stress to do so.

11 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Maybe give the inside cabins to the crew to increase social distancing.

The technical sheet recently published states that exposed crew must be quarantined in separate cabins in the event of covid onboard, so blocking off interiors makes sense on many levels.

13 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

My October Pearl cruise to the Greek Isles is not showing up anymore, which is concerning. No change in my account though, so that's odd. 

Hey @Sailing12Away, my September 4th, 10 day through the Greek Isles is still bookable, Istanbul to Venice.  Other Rat Packers welcome!

I think you are going to continue to see sailing dates pushed further and further into the year.  I have to give kudos to the American vaccine rollout and implementation for getting their population vaccinated.  However, for non Americans, like me, the vaccine rollout is not going nearly as efficiently.  Other countries are struggling to contain the virus and get their populations inoculated and until that improves dramatically the dates will continue to get pushed further into the year.  We have a south American cruise booked for January 2022, both of us will hopefully be completely vaccinated by then, but what precautionary or mandated stoppages are going to be dictated by those countries until they catch up?  Hopefully I'm wrong, but the destinations may be having a greater impact on the cruise lines start dates than where the US stands in regards to vaccination. 

My sister has her whole family (10 people) booked on an NCL Hawaii cruise in July and she knows I am active on CC so she asked me to see what I can find out. She tried to get into her booking this morning and she keeps getting an error message from NCL's website. After reading this thread I can guess her cruise is getting canceled. She has not received anything from NCL yet. She also has a ton of money in booked and paid for airline tickets for her whole group. I tried to tell her weeks ago that the CDC no sail order until November probably included Hawaii, but she didn't listen to me.

I still have my cruise showing up in my account, but my friend who is traveling with us in a different cabin does not. Of course this all comes after we all booked flights from NY to Greece. Let the juggling of tickets start I suppose.

20 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

I wonder what that would mean for people booked into inside cabins already.
Would they just get kicked, or upgraded?  Especially with inside guarantees (where they've signed up for 'an inside OR BETTER') it would be interesting to see.

Based on this (I'm a gambler..lol) I changed my obstructed OV to an inside guarantee.  The logic good....half filled ship with "insides" reserved for emergencies and crew.    

They should release 2024 bookings- and do what they did a few years ago- have $1 deposits.

This was a win win because people could book multiple cruises, and if they didn't use the reservation NCL still made $1.

I did three of this and went on one- I of course was not going to call NCL for a $2 refund.

Couple guesses in reduced capacity.  Go with those who booked first but they would probably go by who paid most to maximize revenue.

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Based on this (I'm a gambler..lol) I changed my obstructed OV to an inside guarantee.  The logic good....half filled ship with "insides" reserved for emergencies and crew.    

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I still have my cruise showing up in my account, but my friend who is traveling with us in a different cabin does not. Of course this all comes after we all booked flights from NY to Greece. Let the juggling of tickets start I suppose.

I'm along time United customer and they have been willing to keep rolling each reservation over to my next trip each time I've been cancelled.  No fees ever.

7 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

I'm along time United customer and they have been willing to keep rolling each reservation over to my next trip each time I've been cancelled.  No fees ever.

Great to know, thanks. United will be my airline of choice because they are the only commercial airline that services our small airport here in Muskegon. They (United Express) have a couple of flights a day to/from Chicago O'Hare. I can fly anywhere once I get to O'Hare.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

FYI - This shows Norwegian has cancelled all cruises thru July 2021, no mention of August,

(article updated March 16, 2021)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/02/24/disney-cruise-line-carnival-extend-us-cancellations/6802488002/

Sorry but that link is from a story in February 24 and updated March 16 only says cruises are  canceled "untilJuly" which means through June which is old news.

Edited by terrydtx
On 4/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, Wizpharm2 said:

Heard on another forum that they plan to only use outside cabins to start...and may only use every other cabin so they they have time to terminal clean between guests.

There is no reason to do either. If you are sailing with reduced capacity, really does not matter which cabins are empty. 

28 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no reason to do either. If you are sailing with reduced capacity, really does not matter which cabins are empty. 

They are more apt to save/restrict access to an entire deck (lowest would be my guess).  Restricting inside really doesn't do much, since people still pass in the hallways.

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

@HuliHuli

Thanks for posting Dave. I plan on flying United and I may be o.k. (I'll have to check United's T&Cs) because I usually book Economy + (or whatever United calls it) because at 6' 4", I need the extra legroom. Hopefully, there won't be any change fees with Economy +.

5 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Thanks @GA Dave.  My next two flights are in Business Class; I should be safe.

I just went on the United website and found this;

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/change-fee.html

It looks like you only have to worry about change fees if you book Basic Economy. As I hoped, I'm safe with Economy Plus. @HuliHuli, your safe with United Business.

20 minutes ago, julig22 said:

They are more apt to save/restrict access to an entire deck (lowest would be my guess).  Restricting inside really doesn't do much, since people still pass in the hallways.

Using balcony cabins only would be because cruisers would be more comfortable if they need to be quarantined in their cabin and the outside air will help with decreasing viral load in the ventilation system.  The concentration of virus in the air is the primary contributor/determination of transmission and although cruise companies claim they have upgraded to HEPA filters, using outside air will dilute the concentration quicker.

Not using the same room back to back is so they don’t have try to clean/sanitize during the short timeline available on a typical embarkation/debarkation day.

Passing someone in a hallway is not really a high risk activity, nor is spending time outdoors, especially in sunlight as it naturally inactivates the virus in under 30 seconds.

So much of how various governments/agencies have responded to this virus does not appear to  based on science.

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Closing entire decks doesn't really help though, as then you still have the same traffic as usual on the decks which are open.

By closing off parts of each deck, you're reducing the number of people who are going to pass in close proximity.

Our August cruise out of Reykjavik is supposedly still on, but I don't think the chances we will sail are good at all.  We fully expect to cancel or have the cruise cancelled.