New Capacity for Serenity, is this now a no children cruise

I have sailed and cruised 200 to 600 passenger ships before. Is there any details on what the new Covid capacity might be for Serenity ? Also I know it depends, on what happens in the next few months,  but since they require vaccinations will this mean there will no longer be children in most itineraries. 

55 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

I have sailed and cruised 200 to 600 passenger ships before. Is there any details on what the new Covid capacity might be for Serenity ? Also I know it depends, on what happens in the next few months,  but since they require vaccinations will this mean there will no longer be children in most itineraries. 

Texas is now vaccinating all persons 16 and up, so by the time the Bahamas cruises start, teenagers could be included. As to those younger, time will tell.

Patty

As Patty said it would be those 16 and older. Text is one of several states that are opening vaccinations to all age groups eligible.  

Those younger than 16 probably won't be vaccinated until late this year or early next year pending the results of the studies which are already underway.

So if you consider teens 16 thru 19 to be children they could be on the cruise as long as they are fully vaccinated for 14 days or more when the cruise begins.

Keith

FYI California will start inoculations for those 16+ on April 15. With the new J&J vaccine now widely offered one could be potentially  fully  protected by s soon as May 13. Certainly untold thousand of 16+ teenagers could travel by July. 

I think Keith is right, children under 16 will not be approved until summer or fall.

J

Children age 12 and up have been included in studies. As soon as their studies are unblinded, they’ll have their own vaccine proof, if they were in that arm of the study. The ones in the placebo arm would be offered the vaccine at unblinding, I would presume.

But nowhere that I know is it required in the US at least so even if available for all doesn’t mean all will get vaccinated 

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

But nowhere that I know is it required in the US at least so even if available for all doesn’t mean all will get vaccinated 

Right you are.

But no vaccination, no cruising on Crystal Cruises or several other cruise lines.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Right you are.

But no vaccination, no cruising on Crystal Cruises or several other cruise lines.

Keith

Including the NCL Group, which announced today full vaccination will be required of all guests AND crew. That would include NCL, Oceania and Regent. Now that one mass market line has taken that step, it will be likely that the others will soon follow.