Jump to content

MITSUGIRLY is in Cozumel


Recommended Posts

Hola! We are spending 10 wonderful days in beautiful Cozumel. Of course I will have a review coming once we return and all bienvenidos!
 

We rented a gorgeous newly built home in San Miguel Quintana Roo with out own pool out back and as I sit here typing we just returned from the beach and the hubby is on his babble attempting Spanish. It sounds like we live in a jungle with so many birds squawking above us. Sakari is bored and we need to find something to do before long. Gotta stay busy. 
 

Day 1: Arrival was as expected from our family...turmoil. We walked the streets for Mexican pizza and swam in our oasis back yard and called it a night since we had been up since 5am.

 

Mas por venir...

Link to post
Share on other sites

My boss is telling me that you need to be tested before coming back and resorts on the mainland will test you for free and if you test positive they will quarantine you there for free as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you have to be tested before returning but not to come. There are places here that are really cheap to go to as well. I’m not sure if the resorts will test for free if you are not staying there with them???

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Yes you have to be tested before returning but not to come. There are places here that are really cheap to go to as well. I’m not sure if the resorts will test for free if you are not staying there with them???


I doubt it and the biggest problem as I see it is finding (and paying for) somewhere to stay and quarantine if it is necessary.

 

Were you able to get Covid related travel insurance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

My boss is telling me that you need to be tested before coming back and resorts on the mainland will test you for free and if you test positive they will quarantine you there for free as well.

The resorts on Cozumel are doing this too but I haven’t seen a definitive answer as to what is “included” in the  “free” quarantine. I can’t imagine it is fully AI?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The resorts on Cozumel are doing this too but I haven’t seen a definitive answer as to what is “included” in the  “free” quarantine. I can’t imagine it is fully AI?

My boss says it only includes the person testing positive.  No spouse, significant other, children are allowed in room.  Person has to stay in room. Can't go out.  room service.  and use of balcony are ok.  So no pool, hot tub, etc.  So guess if the rest of the family tests negative, they have to go home.

Edited by crewsweeper
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

We are staying in a private home. I could stay here at our place and quarantine with no problem. 😁

11F53708-CF80-401F-9480-97E9CB34FDD5.jpeg

Yes i am sure there is plenty of availability of accommodation if they are willing to allow you to quarantine. Since we are retired time isn’t important, but for working members  of our family it would cause problems with work commitments and schooling.

 

Are you in Corpus, or the near center of San Miguel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kim,

I am looking forward to your pictures and review. Have a very happy, healthy and eventful (only good ones please) vacation. Hope Kendra is there too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

We are staying in a private home. I could stay here at our place and quarantine with no problem. 😁

11F53708-CF80-401F-9480-97E9CB34FDD5.jpeg

I saw that on Airbnb!  If you haven't already been you need to go to the Thirsty Cougar.  The Jalapeno poppers are amazing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes i am sure there is plenty of availability of accommodation if they are willing to allow you to quarantine. Since we are retired time isn’t important, but for working members  of our family it would cause problems with work commitments and schooling.

 

Are you in Corpus, or the near center of San Miguel.

San Miguel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Kim,

I am looking forward to your pictures and review. Have a very happy, healthy and eventful (only good ones please) vacation. Hope Kendra is there too?

Nope kendra has yet to get a passport. I’ve been telling her for 3 years to get one. She went to myrtle beach the week before we left and then the month before went to Florida. She has overworked her vacation mileage now 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nascarcruiser said:

I saw that on Airbnb!  If you haven't already been you need to go to the Thirsty Cougar.  The Jalapeno poppers are amazing 

I was already tricked into habanero sauce ... it won’t happen again. I don’t like anything hot...especially without a drink in hand 😉😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I was already tricked into habanero sauce ... it won’t happen again. I don’t like anything hot...especially without a drink in hand 😉😕

Then try the onion rings.  Soooo good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...