MITSUGIRLY is in Cozumel

mitsugirly

13 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Could be they discovered how much time spent on this site and not actually doing what you’re paid for.

Considering the significant amount of unpaid overtime I put in at this job, that is definitely not the reason. No other travel websites (or even social media) are blocked. 

16 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Considering the significant amount of unpaid overtime I put in at this job, that is definitely not the reason. No other travel websites (or even social media) are blocked. 

Then it’s possibly the pop-ups, photographs, or even words, on the site that the software perceives as being a potential threat or deemed unacceptable. 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Words

On 4/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I received an email from your webpage today. Looking forward to reading your review!!

I found that it doesn't automatically send out emails (with the exception of when you first subscribe I believe) so I had to manually set up a "notice" email to send out to all the subscribers with an updated page. Darnit I was hoping it did it on its own.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, CruisinMama2003 said:

I also received an email about the new post 👍

Buccanos looks wonderful! And congrats for your son! 🙌

Buccanos was great and thanks for the congrats!

On 4/21/2021 at 3:26 PM, c-leg5 said:

Glad you finally managed to get to Buccanos! Looks like you chose a good time to go - it certainly looked much quieter than when the cruise ships are in.

It looks like they have abandoned the $20 entrance while cruising is suspended?  We have only ever paid the $10 when we have visited as a land vacationer and it is the only way I would go there as I don’t need the “included” snorkeling gear in the cruisers package. 

Pity to see the place next door in such disrepair - it has not been open very long, although it always seemed a shame they squashed it in between Buccanos and Playa Azul. Did you manage to get to Azul?

I am surprised the snorkeling wasn’t better. I haven’t snorkeled there but I thought they had submerged artificial reefs in that area? I would have thought your guide would have taken you to them.

Sad to see the restaurants by the car ferry closed.

I was surprised you haven’t mentioned the temperature checks, foot baths and sanitizer sprays at the beach clubs you have been to so far. Have they stopped doing that now? 

Yea, I've seen pictures of it "before" with so many of those "S" chairs all over the place. Those are all gone right now and it was wonderful.

Yea, I'm thinking they reduced the amount because of no cruisers. Next door is just so sad to see. It looked like it was so beautiful. 

I did not make it to Playa Azul. I knew it was right next door and it's still on my bucket list. 😄 

No artificial reefs from the area from the hotel that is broken down all the way back to Buccanos dock. If they had any, they must have been way out there. 

No foot baths so far and yes on sanitizer and temp checks. I guess I should go back and add that. We are living in a different world now and it has just become every day living that I don't think about it now. Also mask...I'll go re-edit. Thanks for bringing that up leg. I appreciate it. 

21 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

Welcome back!  Hopefully it will get a little warmer there. 

Yes, I received an email that you started a new review.  I have to say I got really excited.  When I clicked on the link in the email it took me to a page that had everything listed Baby Bay Beach, St Thomas 2020, etc  but you can't click on anything.  I then noticed at the top was Join us on the WIX app so I downloaded it and signed up, but I can't figure out how to get to your page.  I went back to the email and clicked on it thinking it would take me to the app and your page.  Uhhh no! It was not having it.  It just started the process over. 

I finally, (Don't ask me how I did it) got the mitsugirlys-cruise in pink and white.  It has Home and Galleries and an announcement about looking around to see what you can do.

I clicked on the website at the bottom and it took me back to the page where everything is listed but you can't click on anything and at the top it still says Join us on WIX app.  I'm so confused.

I do admit that I am not the most technical person but goodness I thought I was better than this.  🤣

Update: I tried clicking on your link (listed above) to go to the beginning -on my laptop and it says error.  Y'all it is determined that I am not going to read this review.

Are you trying by phone? Or by computer? I know the phone app isn't set up or working correctly. I will have to work on that after I finish the website (which always seem to be a work in progress). Try the website travel with mitsugirly dot com and see if that works.

17 hours ago, blue_water said:

Glad you are enjoying Coz! We took our great niece who was visiting from the US there for the day last week and it’s sooo different with no cruise ships! But the barkers are worse as a result because they are so bad off and there are so few people to harass.

Many resorts are offering the free COVID-19 antigen test IF you are a guest. Some even quarantine you and your companions for up to 10 days if you test positive. After that you are on your own. Hopefully you but trip insurance with good medical, medivac, and COVID-19 coverages.

We returned to the US a few days ago and as far as flying out you will need to complete the Mexican health questionnaire, try to do that on your phone to save the hassle in the airport. There is now a Visitax for tourists, $244 pesos, I paid my niece’s online but many say they never had to pay at the airport. Depends on the airline right now...

And we had negative COVID-19 test results but no one ever asked for them...

I didn’t read all the comments, if you need a rental car Margarita at ISIS Rentadora is wonderful and very good to work with.

Since there aren't many places open like before, the only time we ran into the "barkers" is in the little Town Square shopping area in San Migual. Other than that, we didn't even encounter people on the beaches selling anything (other than to be ask if we wanted a massage at the beach clubs and a simple "no gracias" and they smiled and immediately walked away. 

When we left, there was no mention of this imposed tax at any time nor did we pay any. They also didn't even ask to see our negative COVID test either, which I thought was very strange. 

Yes, we rented with ISIS Rendtadora. Never seen anyone by the name of Margarita. Just guys there each time.

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So between last night and this morning, the network at my work has decided to block your travel site. I am so disappointed about this!!! I don't understand.

I wonder what's going on? Try my website name Travel with Mitsugirly dot com and see if that works. 

Sounds like everyone's work is all of a sudden freaking out. LOL

**UPDATE**

Well, the time has come...I knew it would. My website has gotten too big for itself. It has been getting incredibly slow over the last 2 reviews and this review has been a nightmare! It stops running, having to upload things twice for it to take, site going down saying "not enough space"...it's just been horrid I tell ya. 

Last night when working on it, it done some really weird things and things got messed up. I tried desperately to fix things but only getting one thing fixed every 15 minutes or so was getting ridiculous! 

So, now I'm actually forced to make it "legit". I had to buy the premium monthly service to continue, buy an actual domain and all the other "crap" that goes with a website. Ugh! But, I want to keep it active and hopefully continue to help others out with my reviews. I know I get visitors from all over the world (according to my world map on my site that changes daily depending on who's viewing) and believe it or not, according to my Analytics, about 70% are coming from other places than cc. I don't know how that's possible or maybe it means that it's just directly saved on people's computers. Who knows. But I guess I'll be able to set up search engines and all to generate more traffic. 

Hopefully these changes that are being made are not the cause of everyone's work not letting them onto the site (or worse, a bigger problem). Please keep me informed if it still doesn't work. I have been updating the site but I haven't made the changes "go-live" yet, so some of you may see the top bar drop down boxes still messed up with the content or who knows what else is wrong with it. I'm not sure. 

Just be patient with me please.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 10:28 AM, mitsugirly said:

Ok, I have started my review. 

Not much yet but, the introduction is done....  Click here  to drop you off at the beginning. 

For those of you that are subscribed to my page, can you let me know if you got a notice of some kind that I've started something new on my webpage? I have no idea how the subscriptions work and was just wondering. 

I just noticed that if anyone is clicking my above link...I put the wrong link in there. I must have been on my editor at the time and copy and pasted that. Maybe that's the problem. 

TRY THIS INSTEAD

22 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

Welcome back!  Hopefully it will get a little warmer there. 

Yes, I received an email that you started a new review.  I have to say I got really excited.  When I clicked on the link in the email it took me to a page that had everything listed Baby Bay Beach, St Thomas 2020, etc  but you can't click on anything.  I then noticed at the top was Join us on the WIX app so I downloaded it and signed up, but I can't figure out how to get to your page.  I went back to the email and clicked on it thinking it would take me to the app and your page.  Uhhh no! It was not having it.  It just started the process over. 

I finally, (Don't ask me how I did it) got the mitsugirlys-cruise in pink and white.  It has Home and Galleries and an announcement about looking around to see what you can do.

I clicked on the website at the bottom and it took me back to the page where everything is listed but you can't click on anything and at the top it still says Join us on WIX app.  I'm so confused.

I do admit that I am not the most technical person but goodness I thought I was better than this.  🤣

Update: I tried clicking on your link (listed above) to go to the beginning -on my laptop and it says error.  Y'all it is determined that I am not going to read this review.

Ok, so I now know that you are trying to view it from a phone. I have this issue as well. I haven't set up the phone view yet (I'm actually scare that it will mess up something else). But, I get the same thing. I don't have a clue why all those tabs for St Thomas and Baby beach and everything is on there. 

BUT, if you scroll down that page past all of that, it will take you to the page that was in the link. It's just below all that. I'm going to have to see what I can do about all that coming up on the phone like that. It does it with each page for some reason (only on a phone). 

It's a lot easier if you use a computer. It will show up right that way. 

I hope that helps. 😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I just noticed that if anyone is clicking my above link...I put the wrong link in there. I must have been on my editor at the time and copy and pasted that. Maybe that's the problem. 

TRY THIS INSTEAD

Okay, that one works.  Whew, I was getting really upset that I couldn't read this review.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, rs45thompson said:

Okay, that one works.  Whew, I was getting really upset that I couldn't read this review.  Thank you!

No problem. I did fix the issue with reading it on the phone now. However, it won't be fixed on your end until I publish another page. 🙂

6 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Since there aren't many places open like before, the only time we ran into the "barkers" is in the little Town Square shopping area in San Migual. Other than that, we didn't even encounter people on the beaches selling anything (other than to be ask if we wanted a massage at the beach clubs and a simple "no gracias" and they smiled and immediately walked away. 

When we left, there was no mention of this imposed tax at any time nor did we pay any. They also didn't even ask to see our negative COVID test either, which I thought was very strange. 

Yes, we rented with ISIS Rendtadora. Never seen anyone by the name of Margarita. Just guys there each time

Lol... I thought you were there now...

But yes the barkers in town are going strong...most others left the island and the Playa area when everything shut down a year ago so the beaches are much quieter. Playa Palancar was (almost) as deserted as when we cruised there 20 years ago...That is really good for the coral too!

9 hours ago, bipper40 said:

I love reading your reviews and getting so many ideas on the places you visit.  Your website doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Hmmm, is it still happening? I'm not having any issues when I look at it and don't see any problems on the back end. 

Is anyone else having this issue?

57 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Hmmm, is it still happening? I'm not having any issues when I look at it and don't see any problems on the back end. 

Im not having any issues, i just refresh the screen when you put a new post up and that works for me 

9 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Working fine for me.....

12 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I got it to work for me now.  Must have been something on my end.

Thanks, mitsugirly for taking us all to Cozumel with you... I'm booked for the very first NCL Joy cruise out of Jamaica in August, and I'll finally get back there to visit all of my favorite beach bars and restaurants... 99 days until I leave!...

• Like 1

Great to be reading about your journeys again. Thanks for sharing. 

Sakari has grown up so much however, I still see the little 3 yr old. Is she still in the art program?

I don’t recall Kolin with Taylor, was there a Courtney before Taylor or am I confused?  

It sucks that your ankle didn’t pan out like it was supposed to such a freak accident and all that you have been through almost seems surreal but you are a trooper!  

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, sid_9169 said:

Thanks, mitsugirly for taking us all to Cozumel with you... I'm booked for the very first NCL Joy cruise out of Jamaica in August, and I'll finally get back there to visit all of my favorite beach bars and restaurants... 99 days until I leave!...

Aww thanks and glad you are here. I bet you're excited about your upcoming cruise! I haven't been on the Joy so you'll have to let me know how it goes...especially with this covid thing. Hopefully it will be just like land vacations and it's a reduced capacity and you'll really be able to enjoy it. 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, SenatorsFan said:

Hello, Kim! I just found out about your new trip review and I can't wait to read about it. 😀 Sorry your ankle is still messed up.

Heather

Hi Heather! Glad you found the review!

On 4/29/2021 at 5:06 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Yay! A Saint Greg and Mitsugirly review in the same month!!! Get one from Sid_9169 on the books and it will be the trifecta of reviews! 

thanks for doing this!

You are welcome and thank you for being here. 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, #55worktoplay said:

Great to be reading about your journeys again. Thanks for sharing. 

Sakari has grown up so much however, I still see the little 3 yr old. Is she still in the art program?

I don’t recall Kolin with Taylor, was there a Courtney before Taylor or am I confused?  

It sucks that your ankle didn’t pan out like it was supposed to such a freak accident and all that you have been through almost seems surreal but you are a trooper!  

I miss Sakari being so little still. I just can't believe how much she has shot up over the last year alone. Yes, she still goes to art school and loves every minute of it. Of course with COVID her classes have been at home on zoom all day, but they recently went back to "in school" 2 days a week. 

Yes, Kolin was with Courtney (the mother of his child) for many years (and the one that use to cruise with us). But Courtney made a big mistake that cost her relationship with him and he has been with Taylor now for 3 years. They were pregnant last year (she desperately wants a child) but had complications and gave birth too early and they lost their son. It was such a tragic moment for them and that's when he knew he wanted to marry her. It just took awhile to propose, even though he's had the ring since last summer. Taylor and Courtney get along good and Taylor loves Kynzi as if she was her own. Courtney is still part of the family and we are all real close. I still consider her my daughter in law so everything is good. 

Yea, my ankle just didn't work out. Some day I'm hoping it will be corrected (ankle replacement) but until then...I'm stuck with this thing the way it is. 😞

• Like 1

HI Kim.  Just read all of your Cozumel report that's been posted.  Thanks as always for all of your research, hard work, pictures, anecdotes and more!

I can't believe Sakari is getting to be such a young lady!  She has grown so much since I first "met" her in your earlier cruise reports.  One thing I do miss is seeing all of her drawings - she is so talented.

So sorry to hear about the loss of Kolin's baby.  Glad he is in a great relationship now and congratulations on his engagement!  So nice to see that everyone gets long.

(I can't seem to be able to read day 6 either)