For April Fools Day I posted this on my Facebook Page.  A lot of my Facebook Friends are regular cruisers and boy did I get a lot of people to bite on this story.  I included a couple of pictures hoping to make the story seem more realistic.  Originally I was going to post it here on Cruise Critic but I knew I probably wouldn’t fool anyone.  April 1st is the one day when my inner child comes out.

Yesterday we flew to Cozumel, Mexico for our invitation only cruise on the NCL Epic on April 1st to April 4th.  NCL paid for our one night stay at the Hotel Grand Park Royal by the cruise terminal. This is the first of five 3 day test cruises with limited passengers to try out new sanitation procedures and safety measures NCL will be instituting for future post-Covid cruises.  Our only expense was the flight to Cancun and the ferry ride to Cozumel.  Everything else was free, free, free. NCL expects to begin normal cruise operations again in July and is looking for passenger input on the new procedures. We were invited on this cruise because of our Platinum Plus level membership in their Latitudes Program. Because this is a test cruise there are only 500 passengers on the ship which was designed for 4000. We boarded the Epic early this morning and will be departing at 3 PM. This is a cruise to nowhere and we will be spending 3 days at sea. My wife and I both felt this cruise was worth taking the risk. The port of Cozumel was truly deserted.

These are the two photos I included.

IMG_3758_1.thumb.jpg.a3cde8fd3508150e1e38d5060e0f6977.jpg

IMG_0168_1.thumb.jpg.550ffc6f75888ee74f08c1a85bbc265d.jpg

you are1 evil sob.

but anyone who has ever sailed on norwegian, knows that they dont giver away ice cubes in winter, and they certainly wouldnt pay for  ahotel room.

but good job nevertheless

Posted (edited)

Now that the cruise is over - how was it?

More photos please.

Was Bong on the cruise? Chocolate Cowboy?

Who was the CD?

Were your ferry crossings between Playa and Cozumel smooth?

Edited by bluesea777

Waiting for the 1st forum post from someone who joined Cruise Critic today......

"I was on the same cruise and it was the worst cruise that I have ever been on! I have taken a gazillion other cruises and this was my first and last with NCL...."

Looking at this - ir reminds me of my favorite cruise from Miami on the Epic- bowling alleys, howl at the moon, superb pianos and keyboards for me to use and fat cats. I wish they kept some of the things that are gone

OP here.  Within 30 minutes of posting that on my page I began getting phone calls on my cell phone.  I would answer the phone saying “April Fools.”

The one person I knew would recognize it as an April Fools joke was my daughter because we had plans to go to her house on the 3rd to dye Easter eggs.   But no, she bit really hard on the hook.  When she called I answered the phone with “hello” and before I could say another word she responded, “Where the heck are you guys?  Don’t you want to help your granddaughter dye eggs?  Why did you take a cruise over Easter?”  She finally paused long enough for me to tell her it was an April Fools joke.  Boy we had a great laugh after that.

The dead giveaways are the "Epic" and the two photos .... Epic is holed up in Marseille France and the photos are Aruba ...

Very funny, nevertheless!!

13 hours ago, HowardK said:

You never answered my question was the DSC included or not LOL. 

Were their enough pool chairs as well 🙂 

Yes the DSC was included along with the Premium Beverage Package.  There were plenty of pool loungers and they were sanitized by crewmen after each use per Covid-19 prevention measures.

Every evening helicopters flew over the ship dropping liquid sanitizer over the open decks.  😁

Helicopter.jpg.c46a15fb07201c8d3e3a3d959f5b8ca8.jpg