NCL New Sail Safe

16 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

And how is your way of thinking not all me, me, me, it's my vacation......

In truth I would bet that you wouldn't have a bunch of 70 year olds that aren't vaccinated on a cruise. Now 20, 30 year olds that's another story and that wouldn't bother me at all (yes, I'm vaccinated) as they are very low risk to get sick. 

I am glad this site does not make the rules and I feel certain the CDC and Cruise Industry does not listen to the advice on this site. They would all be out of business. The cruise lines and the CDC will make the rules. You can choose to follow the rules or sit on the bank and make other vacation plans. It is not about me, you or anybody else. We do not make the rules and we have little to no influence.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Why not?  You are vaccinated. 

My primary concern would be as others have stated: if there is a significant proportion of unvaccinated pax, then the chance of an outbreak is significantly higher than if everyone is vaccinated.  And an outbreak would probably not be handled well by foreign ports (denied) or the US upon return (everyone goes into quarantine!).  It isn't the chance of me catching COVID that has me concerned, it is the heightened risk to all pax of their "cruise" becoming a nightmare, and the subsequent poor headlines damaging the industry.

Why risk being treated as a "plague ship"?  For now, while COVID is still at significant levels in the general population, making a rule that everyone on board must be vaccinated seems sensible.  In September, or November, or next July, maybe that rule can be relaxed.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Psst - cruises have been happening for months, some of which had 0 passengers vaccinated (they were cruising before the vaccine was even out).

And as we all know, those cruises have been operating with what many folks here seem to consider draconian restrictions and a significant amount of on-board contact tracing and testing.  And none of them have occurred in US/Caribbean waters.

I don't think those types of cruises would have the same success rate out of US ports at this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d12j28 said:

And how is your way of thinking not all me, me, me, it's my vacation......

In truth I would bet that you wouldn't have a bunch of 70 year olds that aren't vaccinated on a cruise. Now 20, 30 year olds that's another story and that wouldn't bother me at all (yes, I'm vaccinated) as they are very low risk to get sick. 

What’s so hard to understand ? It is more likely that anyone of any age that personally chooses NOT to get vaccinated faces a higher chance of severe illness from Covid versus those who are vaccinated . If a lot of unvaccinated guests get sick enough on board, their personal refusal to vaccinate could result in A CANCELLED CRUISE FOR EVERYONE on board! What don’t you get? Ask which person can ruin things for the majority? It’s the anti vaxxers and THEIR me first mentality . Not those like me who are vaccinated out of respect for myself and fellow passengers and crew safety .... How about that? 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ledges1 said:

NCL has called the CDC's bluff. What will be the CDC's reaction. Will Dr. Walensky become Dean Wormer from Animal House and declare the Cruise Industry was really under double secret probation.

And now so has CLIA and a Port CEO

Edited by kdr69
wrong reference
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Face coverings are currently required for guests while indoors except for in their own accommodations and while eating and drinking in restaurants, bars and lounges or outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.”

.... despite mandatory vaccinations for everyone on-board.  Good grief.

Yep, that is just BS. sorry...what is the point?

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

What’s so hard to understand ? It is more likely that anyone of any age that personally chooses NOT to get vaccinated faces a higher chance of severe illness from Covid versus those who are vaccinated . If a lot of unvaccinated guests get sick enough on board, their personal refusal to vaccinate could result in A CANCELLED CRUISE FOR EVERYONE on board! What don’t you get? Ask which person can ruin things for the majority? It’s the anti vaxxers and THEIR me first mentality . Not those like me who are vaccinated out of respect for myself and fellow passengers and crew safety .... How about that? 

17% of the US has had the vaccine. Far from the majority. You (nor the scientists) can even say right now how well the vaccines will really work, for how long or if you can pass it along to others.  And there is still the fact that the vaccines aren't %100 so you could still potentially have an outbreak with an all vaccinated cruise albeit less likely and hopefully less severe.

Some of you think that the vaccines will fix everything when they don't even know yet. I have been vaccinated but if I were younger and less at risk I would think twice about jumping on an experimental vaccine, so I don't blame some people for not wanting it right now. A me first attitude is one where you think everyone should do as you do or as you think. How hard is that to understand?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

Yep, just like the flu hasn't....

It is nothing like the flu. If lucky and people cooperate, maybe we can knock Covid down fast enough to limit mutations. We have the technology and knowledge that we didn't have with flu so many years ago and so many variants these days. Covid won't disappear over night, but it could be reduced and possibly eliminated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

It is more likely that anyone of any age that personally chooses NOT to get vaccinated faces a higher chance of severe illness from Covid versus those who are vaccinated .

[removed - misread the comment]

It seems there is a lot of vaccination elitism going on, combined with a lot of people who do not understand the disease progression, combined with a lot of people accusing those who are against this vaccine as antivaxxers, combined with a lot of people who accuse "antivaxxers" of being selfish followed by a version of "YoU'lL rUIn mY VaCaTIoN!"....with significant overlap of all those groups.

I am still waiting on the three-stage trial results of the study for vaccine used on people who have already had Covid and/or a medical reason why a vaccine for this cohort is necessary.  Neither of those two things exist BTW.

Edited by Tippyton
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, kdr69 said:

And now so has CLIA and a Port CEO

I'm with you. Other things I'm sure have been discussed in private we dont even know about and the cdc hasnt budged even a inch. Making it public lately hasnt worked either.

Cdc forever will always see a possible new boogie man around the corner. Always a excuse to retain power. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Psst - cruises have been happening for months, some of which had 0 passengers vaccinated (they were cruising before the vaccine was even out).

With a strict, enforced, rules and they booted some people off for not following the rules. The ship sailed without them. Also some cruises were canceled once an infection or suspected infection was found.

Edited by BlerkOne

42 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

With a strict, enforced, rules and they booted some people off for not following the rules. The ship sailed without them. Also some cruises were canceled once an infection or suspected infection was found.

ENOUGH replying with “yeah but...” answers.

The FACT is that it is nonsense to say that an entire ship must be vaccinated in order for the ship to be safe and the cruise to be fun.  This has been and continues to be proven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

The FACT is that it is nonsense to say that an entire ship must be vaccinated in order for the ship to be safe and the cruise to be fun.  This has been and continues to be proven.

The fact is NCL and RCCL are requiring vaccines and Carnival likely will, too.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

The fact is NCL and RCCL are requiring vaccines and Carnival likely will, too.

Carnival just canceled our June cruise...One more in November and MSC in December. I did get a call from NCL today telling me about new cruises (LOL) I told her I had 2 with NCL for next year, and I will wait and see before booking anything except rebooking cancellations.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, ledges1 said:

NCL has called the CDC's bluff. What will be the CDC's reaction. Will Dr. Walensky become Dean Wormer from Animal House and declare the Cruise Industry was really under double secret probation.

I just want to get an invite to the toga party.

Edited by SNJCruisers

On 4/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, BlerkOne said:

It is nothing like the flu. If lucky and people cooperate, maybe we can knock Covid down fast enough to limit mutations. We have the technology and knowledge that we didn't have with flu so many years ago and so many variants these days. Covid won't disappear over night, but it could be reduced and possibly eliminated.

Yeah, it isn't even as bad as the flu.  Covid's survival rate is more than 99%.   Flu has mutations and variations.  Like the Tranverse myelitis my friend's son got as a teenager.  Healthy soccer player, paralized from the neck down.  

45 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

Yeah, it isn't even as bad as the flu.  Covid's survival rate is more than 99%.   Flu has mutations and variations.  Like the Tranverse myelitis my friend's son got as a teenager.  Healthy soccer player, paralized from the neck down.  

IT is more infectious and worse than the flu. Long term survival from covid is still questionable.

One in three Covid survivors suffers 'brain disease,' study finds

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-04-07-21/index.html

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

IT is more infectious and worse than the flu. Long term survival from covid is still questionable.

One in three Covid survivors suffers 'brain disease,' study finds

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/world/coronavirus-newsletter-intl-04-07-21/index.html

I lived through it, had issues for 10 months. symptoms have finally subsided...got it last year after a cruise ironically enough.  I mean I guess we could ask the people that created it in the lab what else we should expect?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just want to say that I am so upset with people who label "anti-vaxxers" as selfish people or conspiracy theorist. These are people that research vaccines in-depth.  They have had a reaction from a vaccine themselves or their children have had a reaction that caused them to research things instead of blindly trusting a doctor.  Most of these people are VERY knowledgeable about vaccines because they have had to be.  Question:  If your child had almost died as a result of a vaccine would you allow the doctors to continue to push a needle into your baby's fat little leg without question?  Or, would you find out why this happened so it didn't happen again?    Before you start throwing around insults and condemning people for trying to make an educated decision, read the stuff you don't agree with and see why you don't agree.  Have an open mind and listen to people who have had other experiences.  You may find some understanding and kindness will go a long way in life.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tkportersat said:

I lived through it, had issues for 10 months. symptoms have finally subsided...got it last year after a cruise ironically enough.  I mean I guess we could ask the people that created it in the lab what else we should expect?

came from bats remember

On 4/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, firefly333 said:

The only problem with setting up a lawsuit is how long it takes to sue to govt. 

Cdc doesnt care. 

It doesn't have to become a long drawn out lawsuit..Carnival can request a summary judgement..very quick