my travel agent mistakenly cancelled my cruise

BAYA

17 hours ago, clo said:

I know. But I think some people come to this and countless other sites more to vent their spleen than anything else.

Or as recently has been happening the thread goes so far astray, they move on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Or as recently has been happening the thread goes so far astray, they move on.

I was the OP on one that went to some totally crazy topic. And it went on and on and on. I finally stopped looking at it 🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clo said:

I was the OP on one that went to some totally crazy topic. And it went on and on and on. I finally stopped looking at it 🙂 

Not just on this Forum, I have done the same.  I lose interest after awhile.  Particularly true, when there is more detail being discussed that I have no knowledge of and little interest of.  If it is not a discussion in which I think I could add something of value to the discussion, it is time to "move on".  

4 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Not just on this Forum, I have done the same.  I lose interest after awhile.  Particularly true, when there is more detail being discussed that I have no knowledge of and little interest of.  If it is not a discussion in which I think I could add something of value to the discussion, it is time to "move on".  

Oh, definitely not just here. Imagine how off topic you can get on a food site 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not actually cruise related, but problem-solving related.  Years ago, I was having an issue with an airline about a booking error they made that was compounded by flight delays, layovers, missed connections, transfers, luggage.  It was a mess!  (Luckily, I save everything - including notes and the print out of my original reservation.)  I wasn't getting anywhere so I found the company headquarters info on-line and wrote a detailed letter about my situation with them.  I sent letter to the CEO, President, VP, Treasurer, Customer Service exec - you name it.  I sent it to every "big-wig" I could locate.   About a week after I mailed the letters, I received a phone call from a "representative of the CEO".  Evidently, when my letter landed on his desk, he called the department head and asked why he had to receive and read such a letter and why it had not been handled earlier.   This person not only resolved my problem to my satisfaction, but gave me some additional points for my inconvenience.   Now, it doesn't always mean you will get instant results that a phone call may (or may not) allow.  But, sometimes a letter landing on a desk makes a point that a phone call may not.   It is certainly worth a try if "all else fails". Hope you get a resolution to your satisfaction.  Take care.