No kids, no NCL. Ever.

7 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I look at these first NCL 'fully-vaccinated' cruises as test cruises.  They have currently defined these at cruises with embarkation dates prior to October 31, 2021.

As for allowing children, here is the explanation from their website:

Are children allowed to sail on your ships if they are not vaccinated?

The safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. In order to provide the safest cruise experience possible, all guests and crew will need to be fully vaccinated for all sailings with embarkation dates prior to October 31, 2021. Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail on these voyages. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail.

We look forward to the day when we can safely welcome these guests back onboard our ships, when the public health environment allows us to modify our protocols accordingly. We will continue to constantly evaluate our health and safety protocols with our expert Council and will follow the latest science to determine requirements for all future sailings embarking beginning in November 2021. We commit to keeping guests apprised of any policy changes as far in advance as possible of their scheduled vacation.

BRAVO NCL. I believe this company is doing it correctly. Will be looking forward to boarding an NCL ship with 100% vaccinated crew and passengers.

Thank you NCL!

• Like 15

I am right there with you. To publicly exclude kids is the stupidest decision NCL could make. Cruising is not starting until November unless the cruise industry files and injunction in Federal Court. That should be done on a unified front with NCL, RCL, CCL, and all others with one law firm. Then, require all passengers that are eligible to be vaccinated be required to be vaccinated. Children that cannot can have covid tests on embarkation, temp checks, another covid test mid cruise, and everything is fine.

For all of the old codgers that are happy kids can't cruise, I hope they are just as happy in the waning time that none of their kids or grandkids are around to see them then either. You deserve it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Those lines don't have the mega ships with all sorts of fun stuff like water slides and bumper cars and ropes course and, well, you get the idea. 

....... So you mean all the kids stuff then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

NCL is floating this 100% vaccinated cruises idea as a way to get cruising in the US started again. If the options are 100% vaccinated cruising or just no cruising at all, it seems like this is simply the most logical choice and best business decision. They aren't excluding kids because they WANT to. They are excluding kids because they believe that, if they do, they might be able to sail sooner. You seem to be taking this ridiculously personally. I am certain that if kids could be vaccinated, NCL would have included them. Right now, it's all about appeasing the CDC to get ANY cruising started again.

Very well stated, thank you for a voice of reason.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

To publicly exclude kids is the stupidest decision NCL could make.

I have kids aged 9 and 11 who haven’t missed a single family cruise since they were born (11 cruises on 5 cruise lines). Although it would be disappointing that they’d be prohibited from early NCL cruises, I think that this decision is the wisest thing that this company can do for the purpose of beginning to sail again. 

Start with the most conservative approach in order to make a stronger case to begin cruising, and then gradually ease up restrictions and protocols. NCL isn’t banning kids forever. Just at the very early stage in order to get approval to start. 

• Like 18

7 hours ago, casofilia said:

....the worst "children" are the 15-20 year olds who create havoc with their ill-discipline; especially when "under the influence".

I respectfully disagree, although such can be problematic....but the worst 'children' I see aboard cruiseships are often mature adults!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Start with the most conservative approach in order to make a stronger case to begin cruising, and then gradually ease up restrictions and protocols. NCL isn’t banning kids forever. Just at the very early stage in order to get approval to start. 

If that is the case, then there are far more criteria to use than that. Remember this is all covid related. Covid deaths are tied to other morbidities which includes age, obesity, heart and lung conditions, and whether anyone has smoked before. So, lets get this to the most conservative approach

1. No one over the age of 45 or under the age of 16.
  2. No one that has a BMI of more than 18%
  3. No one that has ever had a heart or lung condition (complete medical records required)
  4. No one that has smoked a cigarette
  5. No one that is above 200Lbs for men or 150Lbs for women

How do you think 99% of cruisers would respond to those criteria? I want to hear the heifers cry, the old codgers, the one with 90% blocked arteries, the ones with emphysema, all the smokers, and all of the people that are not physically fit. Remember, this is discrimination with no basis. At least the approach I stated is backed by the science the people have been led to believe. So, lets take the scientific approach and be the most conservative as possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hamrag said:

What a thoughtless, crass, choice of words....we have friends who lost a child in a car accident, if they were to read your comment it would break them again for days. There will doubtless be cc members who sadly lost their child in an accident, please engage your mind before writing this type of stuff!

Its not crass or thoughtless, it is statistical fact. Children and adults are more likely to die in the transportation to the port than will die from covid. It is so blown out of proportion it is ridiculous.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

If that is the case, then there are far more criteria to use than that. Remember this is all covid related. Covid deaths are tied to other morbidities which includes age, obesity, heart and lung conditions, and whether anyone has smoked before. So, lets get this to the most conservative approach

3. No one that has ever had a heart or lung condition (complete medical records required)

How do you think 99% of cruisers would respond to those criteria? I want to hear the heifers cry, the old codgers, the one with 90% blocked arteries, the ones with emphysema, all the smokers, and all of the people that are not physically fit. Remember, this is discrimination with no basis. At least the approach I stated is backed by the science the people have been led to believe. So, lets take the scientific approach and be the most conservative as possible.

You could make an argument that a person unable to board a tender should not be on the ship at all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Again, I cannot reiterate this enough. The primary "risk" that NCL is worried about right now is that the CDC will not allow them to sail soon. The have speculated that by having 100% vaccination, they will be allowed to sail sooner. Your debate about the risk to/from children is with the CDC, not NCL. You should not be holding this decision against NCL. They are simply trying to get back sailing ASAP. Those cruise lines that are currently saying they will allow children to sail without vaccination are taking a risk of further delays to their cruise start dates in the US.

Please save common sense for a different topic 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You could make an argument that a person unable to board a tender should not be on the ship at all.

My argument is simply the most conservative approach which was stated. I am of the belief that covid is real, but severely blown out of proportion. I can go on and on about the statistics and how they are flawed but people that cannot believe facts cannot be convinced. It is my opinion that the entire country should be open, no restrictions, no masks. There is a risk to this and everyone needs to take ownership of what they are willing to do with those known risks. The CDC guidance is a joke. No agency within government really follows it, it doesn't transfer down to the school levels, and the leaders ignore it as well. Fauci is seen all over without a mask. John Kerry on planes. The list goes on. I know people that refuse to wear a mask and never contracted it. I wear a mask most times in public and caught it. My symptoms were almost nothing. This programmatic brainwashing is a playbook on how to control the population. It was documented in the 60s I believe and followed to a T.

• Like 4

Something everyone seems to be ignoring - in order to sail from the US you need to have SOMEWHERE to make a port call.  I'm sure it would make it immensely easier to find a port to stop at if the ENTIRE ship is vaccinated with no exceptions...

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

This isn’t addressing the concern at hand, the concern is: can a cruise ship sail without becoming a super spreader event in which the entire ship has to quarantine. Unvaccinated persons may be less likely to develop serious disease but they are still capable of being superspreaders and the cruise lines don’t want another diamond princess fiasco it would be much more damaging.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

My argument is simply the most conservative approach which was stated....

I think most realise your argument is simply....you simply enjoy arguing! 🙄

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Shidah said:

A cruise without kids is my dream come true.  We just booked in December due to our September Alaska cruise being cancelled, but if the CDC approves NCL’s plan, we would gladly move it up just to enjoy an adult only cruise.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

I am with you:)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AtlantaAlly said:

It’s only “Herd Immunity” if the threshold is met for the herd. That would be 60-70% of the groups that congregate. Kids club members wouldn’t reach that threshold, and people would bring their snotty kids- as you mentioned yours come home with runny noses so frequently and you want to bring them so much that you’re breaking up with the cruise line in a dramatic burn the place down post. 

you seem to be sticking around and awfully lot on a board for a cruise line that will never have your business again. 

AtlantaAlly, I was just thinking the same thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Goldconnection said:

AtlantaAlly, I was just thinking the same thing. 

And in the scenario of a child in kids club testing positive, because it can happen- the protocols would likely require that their entire cabin would likely have to quarantine. Then parents come here and complain that they had to quarantine and will never go on NCL again... lose-lose situation. But in this situation- they are likely to be able to get some revenue, refine protocols, and see what happens in other markets.

• Like 1

I have kids as well but I don't see this as NCL targeting kids, I see it as NCL is trying to get their ships sailing again any way possible. They wanted to throw down the gauntlet at the CDC. It still might not work but at least they played their strongest hand which is to offer 100% vaccinated crew and guests.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, edspec said:

NCL has my business for the foreseeable future.  Gutsy move which I admire.  

As my mom use to say “Nothing beats a try but a try”. It is a gutsy move. I applaud NCL.

• Like 2