No kids, no NCL. Ever.

18 hours ago, cruisin07family said:

Vaccine or no vaccine, I hope I never cruise with you or anyone as nasty as you.  So happy to hear you are an educator, bonus.  

I think you missed the point of her/his post. Did the sarcasm/devil's advocate part elude you? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cruisin07family said:

Vaccine or no vaccine, I hope I never cruise with you or anyone as nasty as you.  So happy to hear you are an educator, bonus.  

OK, I'm sure that if you call NCL and tell them what you think, they would be happy to not see you as well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

HeyMarco, have you considered signing your child/children up for any of the vaccine trails currently taking place involving children? Your children would get the vaccine and your family would get back to cruising. You would also help all the voiceless out there you said you were speaking for. 

Highly unlikely, only 50% normally get the vaccine, the others a placebo for the control. You remain blind to what you have been given until you withdraw or are offered the vaccine officially.

If there was a trial where 100% of candidates were given the vaccine I would be very surprised as it is not normal and was not the case in the adult trials.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Highly unlikely, only 50% normally get the vaccine, the others a placebo for the control. You remain blind to what you have been given until you withdraw or are offered the vaccine officially.

If there was a trial where 100% of candidates were given the vaccine I would be very surprised as it is not normal and was not the case in the adult trials.

Thanks ziggyuk I am aware. 50% chance is better that 0%. Heymarco asked where and I simply point out this as a possible option. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newcruiser1956 said:

I agree with others.. A cruise without kids... OMG  and not having to pay Viking's prices.. would be heaven. 

The added benefit would be the haven courtyard wouldn’t resemble some kind of unsupervised daycare center.  I think it’s great!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

Thanks ziggyuk I am aware. 50% chance is better that 0%. Heymarco asked where and I simply point out this as a possible option. 

But 50% and no evidence of vaccination does not get you on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

I can tolerate well behaved and well manner children but the spoiled and disrespectful ones “NOT”. 

After 10 minutes or so I find them all annoying   Kudos to NCL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You started the thread threatening to leave NCL for good and have them permanently be in your rearview mirror because there short term policy will not allow you to bring your little angels along with you on your cruise.  Who is only concerned with themselves????

You do have other options...cruise on Royal, possibly cruise on Carnival or go to an all inclusive.  This is not a permanent policy.  It is fluid, and will change as the science changes and will more than likely only be a short term thing.  Live with it, or move on.

Agree, the ONLY thing coming through loud and clear  is his huge  self entitlement attitude for him and his kids.

Edited by njkate
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You do realize that Disney has a height requirement for certain rides so short people are excluded from those activities, for their safety.  So you best cross that off as an alternative vacation choice as well, since they, in effect, ban children.

Great point!!  

Life is full of restrictions and mostly to protect us. If we do not accept them then life would become as dangerous and uncomfortable as it was in previous centuries. Some would prefer a simpler life but I for one would not want to live without A/C, anti-biotics, child labor laws and yes vaccines!!

Remember the No-child without vaccination rule for a cruise ( or anywhere else) is to protect your child as well as others!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, B Midged said:

After 10 minutes or so I find them all annoying   Kudos to NCL

I just don’t understand all the posts here about bad experiences with kids on board.   

I have not experienced that at all on cruises with multiple cruise lines, sailing from Florida, Seattle, California, Galveston or Madrid.   The majority of my cruises have been from Galveston during summer or Spring Break, with many many kids on board.   All the kids I encountered were perfectly normal.  Lots of families doing things together.  I’m perplexed so many people complain about kids.  

Sorry, @Heymarco to drift off your topic.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I just don’t understand all the posts here about bad experiences with kids on board.   

I have not experienced that at all on cruises with multiple cruise lines, sailing from Florida, Seattle, California, Galveston or Madrid.   The majority of my cruises have been from Galveston during summer or Spring Break, with many many kids on board.   All the kids I encountered were perfectly normal.  Lots of families doing things together.  I’m perplexed so many people complain about kids.  

Sorry, @Heymarco to drift off your topic.  

Everyones idea of normal is different. What one person is willing to tolerate another may not. I have sailed on close to 30 cruises with various cruise lines. There was only one where the child count was very low. So much so that it was discussed by passengers and those working on the ship. That is the only time I must say children on board was not an issue ship wide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisin07family said:

I don't have an issue with NCL.  They can make whatever rules for sailing they want.  I'm aware that my decision to not get vaccinated right now limits my vacation options and I'm good with that.  I understand actions have consequences.  I said I would be happy not to encounter nasty people such as you based on your post.  Yeah, I get sarcasm but just like jokes there is always a bit of belief in the meaning of people's posts.  Feel free to judge those hesitant to get a vaccine for a virus with a 97% survival because I certainly have judgments for those just lining up for it.

My cruising room mate and her husband got covid when in Florida last fall, before Thanksgiving while visiting her sister who lives there.  They had to cancel Thanksgiving with the relatives of course, but as of now they are still only about 80 percent recovered from covid and they did not get it bad enough to be hospitalized.  Sometimes dying would be a blessing for those who are really miserable from their covid bout, fortunately my friends are not that bad off.  They don't know who they got the covid from, they drove to Florida to avoid flights.  They thought they were careful.  

Covid has done serious damage to our economy, especially the cruise ships.  If they have even one serious covid-19 outbreak on board they may never recover their reputation.  For financial reasons (I am a stock holder (350 shares in one and 100 shares in another) I would prefer to see the CDC and the cruise ships to require vaccines and boosters if needed for the next 10 years or so if needed to avoid having them shut down again from covid.  

I might not have gotten the vaccine if it was a low effective as the flu vaccine percentage wise, but I don't want to be infected by something that does damage to your lungs and never actually leaves your body, but travels around in the blood system forever and sometimes causes fatal clots to either end my life or life as I know it.  

If everyone had taken this seriously from the start, and I knew the US was not when I came into the LA airport from Hong Kong at the end of January 2020 from a cruise (Singapore to Hong Kong) and nothing was done to separate our plane, or ask questions or even temperature check like we had been doing in Hong Kong, we would not likely be in the situation we are in now.  I want to get back to travel and think that if people are willing to 'give a little' to get a lot we could get there sooner rather than later or not at all.

I'm tired of having to making sure my students are wearing their mask and having to spray and wipe down desks between each class, but am glad that it does seem to be helping prevent colds & flu, but is making my allergy season much worse.  

I am far more afraid/concerned about not getting back to 'normal' than I was about taking a vaccine whose prototype has been in development for at least 10 years.  (I have a friend of a friend who is one of those people who really does know this topic well.) 

Gwen 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cruisin07family said:

I don't have an issue with NCL.  They can make whatever rules for sailing they want.  I'm aware that my decision to not get vaccinated right now limits my vacation options and I'm good with that.  I understand actions have consequences.  I said I would be happy not to encounter nasty people such as you based on your post.  Yeah, I get sarcasm but just like jokes there is always a bit of belief in the meaning of people's posts.  Feel free to judge those hesitant to get a vaccine for a virus with a 97% survival because I certainly have judgments for those just lining up for it.

I told myself last night I was done responding to these vaccine threads, but I just can’t let this one slide. First, I’ll start by saying I completely agree you have every right to refuse to take a vaccine and if anyone tried to force you, I would gladly represent you pro bono. I also really appreciate your reasonableness in understanding the impact that decision might have on your life short term. But after that we differ greatly.

I think when all this is done and dusted, the true tragedy is not going to be just the 500,000+ souls lost, but also how the initial mischaracterization of this virus doomed us from the start. Birx said it herself last week .. had they done the right thing from the start, most of not all those deaths that came after the initial 100,000 with the first wave could have been avoided. My God, pause on that for a minute.

Here are the facts, this is NOT like the flu, this is NOT like SARS CoV-1. COVID has an R0 that is astronomical compared to those viruses. COVID has a longer incubation period and, most devastatingly, is most contagious in the 48-24 hrs before any symptoms are shown. Yes, it has a lower mortality rate, but looking at that alone is so myopic, selfish and self centered. In my age bracket, the death rate is basically 0, but I am still getting the vaccine because I know that, no matter how cautious I am, I might still spread it to someone unknowingly who has a much higher mortality rate. 

Yes, I realize that the final results are not out yet, but I also know that the initial results from studies are very promising that in addition to lowering the mortality risk and hospital risk to basically zero, these vaccines are also proving to have an effect on asymptomatic spread. So by taking the vaccine I am possibly saving the lives of others.

Now, to the OP ... as I said you seem very reasonable so it is my sincere hope that I’m connection with your decision to not take the vaccine you have also decided to continue to follow all protocols until this virus is defeated. If you are continuing to mask, social distance, not hold irresponsible parties than I thank you deeply (as someone who has lost family to this virus).

To those who decide not to take a vaccine and think it is their “right” to flaunt basic humanity driven safety protocols then just know that every time you “mask down” or hold a irresponsible party there is a very good chance that if you then come down with symptoms you might have recklessly killed another human being. Live with that.

I’m done with these vaccine threads now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I’m impressed this thread is still going. 

Good news if your kids are older Marco- Pfizer just filed for extension of EUA age down to 12. So if your kids are 12+ then your problem is solved. In some states- they anticipate being able to get the vaccine by June if approved.

im very fascinated to listen to the VRBPAC because there were a few pediatricians who were uncomfortable with 16-17 year olds being approved under EUA. Will be interesting to tune in! Big question was: is the risk/benefit ratio in favor of the patient? Stay tuned! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this article that just came out: 

Pfizer, BioNTech request emergency authorization to vaccinate 12- to 15-year-olds

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/547391-pfizer-biontech-request-expanded-emergency-authorization-to-give-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1fn7ux8C8RHy7bh3BRfTPeuCBCTaWz4DJCpgdabbIdITcioaEGg864qKc

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No nonvaccinated  people. Not no kids. 

But why send out an email that states, "Kids sail free"? Personally, I didn't receive this email; just parroting what another poster posted a couple of posts ago.

17 hours ago, julig22 said:

Kids aren't banned.  But until they have a vaccine for kids, they won't be able to sail if vaccinations are required.

Pfizer has test data for 12-16 year olds and seems to be close to submitting for approval.

Will Pfizer be submitting for "approval" or emergency authorization?

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Very similar; two words for us: “herd immunity.”   Which we may not get to if there are too many anti-vaxxers. 

Let me add one more very important word to that phrase......

SAFE herd immunity  - which can be achieved with mass vaccination efforts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B Midged said:

The added benefit would be the haven courtyard wouldn’t resemble some kind of unsupervised daycare center.  I think it’s great!

I know.....We don't usually book the haven but did have one opportunity to do it with a very nice incentive. I was extremely disappointed in the fact that there were screaming kids running about and their parents did nothing to quiet them down. This was the HAVEN for crying out loud. That experience only enforced for me that the price of the haven is not worth it only to have to deal with screaming kids in the  courtyard.

• Like 1