Does anyone have any experience (or opinions) on NCLs latest Free Air for 2nd guest promotion.

I assume you book the first air through NCL but can you search for the best airfare (price and non-stop instead of connections etc) or will NCL choose the airfare price and the air itinerary and then the 2nd is free but maybe not necessarily better than you can do on your own. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

e

Posted (edited)

My husband and I booked a Scandinavian cruise for July 2021 with the 2nd guest flies free and we were not able to choose our flight. Once we pay in full, I was told we could contact the airline and choose our seats. I don't have the details yet so not sure what airline it will be but they are all pretty much in the same price range as what NCL booked for us.

Edited by kby1216
typo

I believe they book both flights, each passenger is charged half.

You can't choose, if you search this forum you will find dozens of posts about how free airfare works.

Can't beat the price! MAY NOT BE the best flights,  but don't have to worry if cruise is canceled. Been through that 4 times last year. 

Happy cruising! Stay Safe! 

58 minutes ago, asctony said:

Can't beat the price! MAY NOT BE the best flights,  but don't have to worry if cruise is canceled. Been through that 4 times last year. 

Happy cruising! Stay Safe! 

We are flying to Athens and then back from Rome from Columbus, OH : RT- $450 pp.  This is a great price, but we also have flexibility. I'm guessing we could get flights with better details, but we hope its worth it.

38 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

We are flying to Athens and then back from Rome from Columbus, OH : RT- $450 pp.  This is a great price, but we also have flexibility. I'm guessing we could get flights with better details, but we hope its worth it.

Is this NCL Air? I priced air from ATL to Rome Round Trip $1,500/person. NCL was $899 total for 2.

A tip - use the search box and enter "air promo" and you will have TONS of threads covering the air promo (including at least TWO from the last week).  Also - if you check on the T&C's on NCL's site, they state how the promo works...

I've been reading a lot of posts about this.

We have booked the 2nd guess free air for our Med cruise for 5. The price they are quoting me is about 30% cheaper than I can find using Google Flights. Add in the 2 free flights & we are saving nearly $5K--I'd say that is worth some less flight times that wouldn't be our first choice...

You don't get to choose which flight tho us can choose to fly in a day or 2 before & after.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:43 PM, Empehi said:

Does anyone have any experience (or opinions) on NCLs latest Free Air for 2nd guest promotion.

I assume you book the first air through NCL but can you search for the best airfare (price and non-stop instead of connections etc) or will NCL choose the airfare price and the air itinerary and then the 2nd is free but maybe not necessarily better than you can do on your own. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

e

Both guests would be booked on the same itinerary. I have found the NCL rate to be very good deals for us:

$799 for two to Athens 

$399 each to Barcelona which was nonstop United 

$249 for two Newark to Los Angeles