Celebrity Seacation UK prices 😯

FirstTimeFreddy

Just had a look at Celebrity prices for their UK Seacations and they are really expensive. £1450 for 7/8 night cruises. I appreciate that this is an all inclusive fare, but currently you can book similar cruises with Princess with premium drinks, WiFi and gratuities for a lot cheaper.

I'm currently booked on a 6 day Seacation on the Sky Princess for £799 and that's a balcony cabin, as indoor cabins are blocked. This also includes 2 port stops.

I love Celebrity and have cruised on both the Reflection and the Equinox, but I think that they've outpriced themselves considering there are 8+ other cruise ships offering the same itinerary.

I'm curious to see what Royal Caribbean offer on Anthem of the Seas on Wednesday and what their prices will look like. 🤔🤔

• Like 1

Please don't that Celebrity is singling out the UK passengers, similar comparisons exist for many cruises out of the US.  Just be glad you don't have any E-class ships, Celebrity is really trying to get premium prices for those ships.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

Are you sure you comparing like with like. We have just lifted and shifted to the 7 night  Silhouette 21st August sailing from our twice cancelled Fjords sailing on the same ship, we had additional perks from the original booking that our concierge stateroom gave us, amounting to $650 OBC along with the drinks package and gratuities.

When I compare it to a similar sailing on the Regal Princess then Celebrity works out at £90,dearer, but I'm still coming out on top taking the OBC into account

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bluwes said:

Are you sure you comparing like with like. We have just lifted and shifted to the 7 night  Silhouette 21st August sailing from our twice cancelled Fjords sailing on the same ship, we had additional perks from the original booking that our concierge stateroom gave us, amounting to $650 OBC along with the drinks package and gratuities.

When I compare it to a similar sailing on the Regal Princess then Celebrity works out at £90,dearer, but I'm still coming out on top taking the OBC into account

If you are lifting and shifting, the comparison is not valid to 2 new bookings on both =X= and Princess. 

• Like 1

I think it depends when you book.

We will stick with Regal Princess, which we booked some time ago, for £724 (for all 3 of us) for a partially obstructed balcony!! No drinks, tips, etc. This is for October 2021 and 4 nights.

I would just about be able to justify £479 per person, for 3 nights, inside cabin on Silhouette for 2 adults.  However, they want the same for a child!! This is also October. 

we were thinking of taking the first cruise in July for UK passengers only - £3000 for 8 nights for the 2 of us is just way more than we were expecting so a bit disappointed - will just have to hope our October one to Japan goes ahead still....

5 hours ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

Just had a look at Celebrity prices for their UK Seacations and they are really expensive.

£1449 p.p that is only  a Guarantee veranda cabin.
Price rises for Concierge and Aqua.

I didn’t look any further.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

£1449 p.p that is only  a Guarantee veranda cabin.
Price rises for Concierge and Aqua.

I didn’t look any further.

We just took the plunge and booked.  We paid £1500 each for a 1A but offset that to some extent by the fact that it included tips, wifi and the classic drinks package.  We like to have the wifi (although get a fairly good package for CC loyalty) but Tips would have previously been around £11pp per day which puts it in the zone of what we have paid previously with Celebrity.  Of course, paying premium prices to sail round the UK as opposed to somewhere exotic is another matter entirely and we are still not sure it is what we really want to do.  However, there is no penalty to cancel up to 48 hours before departure and get a credit note which can be used against a new booking. We cruise fairly consistently with Celebrity so, if Covid matters take a turn for the worse or if the weather forecast is dire, we will probably just cancel and use the FCC to rebook. Otherwise we will just enjoy whatever life is like onboard and make good use of the drinks package.

• Like 2

I personally think in comparison the prices are very much the same as before . Infact we are paying the about the same for an 8 night in an RS as we were to pay for 7 nights in a CS to the fjords earlier this year and slightly less than we paid for a 7 night fjords in an RS in 2018. So all in all I recon these prices are very close to what I would expect. 

37 minutes ago, groryjm said:

I personally think in comparison the prices are very much the same as before . Infact we are paying the about the same for an 8 night in an RS as we were to pay for 7 nights in a CS to the fjords earlier this year and slightly less than we paid for a 7 night fjords in an RS in 2018. So all in all I recon these prices are very close to what I would expect. 

Cant really compare 8 nights in the fjords pricing with 8 nights going up and down the west coast of England though 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MacH said:

We just took the plunge and booked.  We paid £1500 each for a 1A but offset that to some extent by the fact that it included tips, wifi and the classic drinks package.  We like to have the wifi (although get a fairly good package for CC loyalty) but Tips would have previously been around £11pp per day which puts it in the zone of what we have paid previously with Celebrity.  Of course, paying premium prices to sail round the UK as opposed to somewhere exotic is another matter entirely and we are still not sure it is what we really want to do.  However, there is no penalty to cancel up to 48 hours before departure and get a credit note which can be used against a new booking. We cruise fairly consistently with Celebrity so, if Covid matters take a turn for the worse or if the weather forecast is dire, we will probably just cancel and use the FCC to rebook. Otherwise we will just enjoy whatever life is like onboard and make good use of the drinks package.

At the moment round the Uk is the best offer we have so making the most of it and hoping the exotic days of cruising can return. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the Celebrity product and Solstice class ships however I reluctantly think my days of cruising with them again are over especially as they have gone all inclusive. I also feel I no longer fit the demographic X are now looking for.

Will say I am at a disadvantage as I now cruise Solo, did a mock booking today result balcony from £2600 for 7 nights end August. I am paying 2 x for drinks package, Wi-Fi and grats,  gratuity I can accept paying for two but not Wi-Fi and drinks, for me that is unacceptable

The last cruise I took ex UK with Celebrity nearly all pax on board had a drinks passage included , it was not a pleasant experience, I can only assume that by hiking the prices they believe the passengers will be more responsible.

I too made a comparison between Princess and X and felt they were much more expensive, also they look higher than prices out of St Martin for Us residents, although that I think is Millenium caps ship.

Totally agree that the prices are ridiculous. As a loyal Celebrity cruiser I can't see us taking any more if this level of pricing continues. We did a Fjords cruise from Southampton a couple of years ago that had been heavily marketed here including a drinks package. The queues at the bars were horrendous the whole time. After that we said ' never again ' ! 

19 minutes ago, Alushar said:

Regardless of price I've looked at the first 8 day sailing and it seems to have sold well lots of people with FCCs?

Lots of people just desperate for a cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked an Aqua cabin for the July 23rd 8 night cruise. I also upgraded to the Elevate package for the premium drinks, my wife likes the Martini bar, so the total cost was just shy of £2,000 each. Compared to a 5 star hotel anywhere in the UK I think the pricing is great. £250 per night for full board, all drinks included, entertainment, etc is not something you would find on a land based hotel experience.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, lovescarborough said:

Totally agree that the prices are ridiculous. As a loyal Celebrity cruiser I can't see us taking any more if this level of pricing continues. We did a Fjords cruise from Southampton a couple of years ago that had been heavily marketed here including a drinks package. The queues at the bars were horrendous the whole time. After that we said ' never again ' ! 

That is definitely the downside of the all inclusive package.  When we first started cruising with Celebrity 20 years ago the ships were awash with waiters all wanting to earn commission so service, if anything, was over attentive.  On recent cruises I have had to go and stand several deep at the bar as we have given up trying to get a waiter to serve us.  It is one area where Celebrity have really gone downhill

• Like 1

One benefit is that Brits do not go in for complicated time consuming sugary cocktails that US passengers seem to love  (from experiences on cruises and Mexican all-inclusives). Waiting in line for a bottle of sparkling water when everyone is  demanding marjaritas is a pain. Hopefully the waits won't be so long and the boat will not be full.