No more cruises with NCL. Mandatory Vaccines?

BIG POOCH

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Where did you get your medical conspiracy degree specializing in fear? Facebook or YouTube? 

0ued4tutkwc51.jpg

I haven't had a Facebook account in years but I have heard that conspiracy theories are plentiful there. This gave me a good chuckle. Thanks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You are parroting a MSM narrative, not science.

You wrote a controversial Post.  You made a claim hoping others would support you.  At it core it was obviously political on a cruise board. Then you got lots of folks emotional about the subject.  Congratulations. Science supports vaccines.  Companies support science. People quote 24 hour news channels that have no scientific proof.  People make the rules on where the spend their money.  Your decision no to cruise NCL and every other cruise line that requires a vaccine  did not nor would not change any logical persons mind.  The fact you posted shows you think you have more ability to change peoples behavior because they want to follow you.  Now you see, they don't.  So it is watch your 24 hour channel, believe entertainers instead of scientist, think everyone is out to get you and while doing so, wave at the rest of up when we are cruising away. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I applaud NCL.  Good business decision. I hope they maintain the requirement past 31 October 2021. 

I would much rather be aboard a ship with 100% vaccinated people (regardless if you had covid in the past. Virus' mutate)

• Like 5

Just curious.  Was there this much controversy over the polio vaccine when if first was made available to the general public?  This many doubters?  Concerns?  Were there people claiming that we should just let natural or herd immunity take place over time?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hoops71 said:

Just curious.  Was there this much controversy over the polio vaccine when if first was made available to the general public?  This many doubters?  Concerns?  Were there people claiming that we should just let natural or herd immunity take place over time?  

Actually, there was a lot of controversy. However, since for the most part, it affected children, some quite young, it was felt that the positives of the vaccine far outweighed the negatives regarding the side-effects. 

The huge difference is with the over whelming use of Social Media now. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hoops71 said:

Good point. I think not.

15 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Nice try, no cigar.    Put up or shut up.    List the untrue statements and I will provide citations.

Nah. I can't be bothered engaging with someone who is anti-science. I would not agree or hold any sort of credence with your sources any way so won't waste my time. Bye.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You wrote a controversial Post.  You made a claim hoping others would support you.  At it core it was obviously political on a cruise board. Then you got lots of folks emotional about the subject.  Congratulations. Science supports vaccines.  Companies support science. People quote 24 hour news channels that have no scientific proof.  People make the rules on where the spend their money.  Your decision no to cruise NCL and every other cruise line that requires a vaccine  did not nor would not change any logical persons mind.  The fact you posted shows you think you have more ability to change peoples behavior because they want to follow you.  Now you see, they don't.  So it is watch your 24 hour channel, believe entertainers instead of scientist, think everyone is out to get you and while doing so, wave at the rest of up when we are cruising away. 

Amen!!!!!!

• Like 3

My DH and I are fully vaccinated and if our three cruises are not canceled we will happily wear masks on board as well as off the ship. For us (again I say “FOR US”) with over 3,000,000+ deaths worldwide, shots in the arms and wearing masks are not too much to ask. We (again I say “WE”) want to do our part in keeping ourselves and others safe and healthy. Now you do you 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Your vaccination pass is worth Diddly Squat if there are new strains which is why you are going to have to have booster shots this Autumn and likely yearly shots going forward.   

I'd rather be on-board a ship with 100% naturally immune people because I know their immunity is strong and lasting and will thereby limit spread of the virus. 

What I absolutely don't want is to be on a ship with ignorant ill-informed people who spend their time cussing at the unvaccinated with no scientific basis for doing so. 

Actually my vaccination pass is worth a cruise on NCL.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Your vaccination pass is worth Diddly Squat if there are new strains which is why you are going to have to have booster shots this Autumn and likely yearly shots going forward.   

I'd rather be on-board a ship with 100% naturally immune people because I know their immunity is strong and lasting and will thereby limit spread of the virus. 

What I absolutely don't want is to be on a ship with ignorant ill-informed people who spend their time cussing at the unvaccinated with no scientific basis for doing so. 

Un-vaccinated people do nothing to get us to a safe herd immunity. That is the most important factor to understand. Un-vaccinated people are not doing their part to bring this virus to its knees.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I haven't had a Facebook account in years but I have heard that conspiracy theories are plentiful there. This gave me a good chuckle. Thanks.

I love this.  I know it’s posted in jest, but it’s so true!

I am confused. I have a friend who contracted Covid early on. Thank God she recovered without being hospitalized. She was tested and it showed she had antibodies. Her last test showed no antibodies and her doctor advised her to get the vaccine. According to her doctor immunity for contracting Covid is not life long. Maybe I misunderstood her. At any rate she had to be vaccinated. 

Edited by Goldconnection
Correct spelling
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

I am confused. I have a friend who contracted Covid early on. That God she recover without being hospitalized. She was test and it it showed she had antibodies. Her last test show no antibodies and her doctor advised her to get the vaccine. I believe she said she is no longer has immunity. According to her doctor immunity for contracting Covid is not life long. Maybe I misunderstood her. At any rate had to be vaccinated. 

That's exactly the point. When you are exposed to something foreign, your body produces antibodies (if it's able to - there are folks who can't, cancer patients, transplant patients, certain other disease conditions, etc). You have IgM antibodies produced first to try and fight off the invader, then the IgG antibodies start getting made for longer term protection.

Just because you have antibodies, doesn't make you immune. You need the right kind of antibody and in high enough quantities to deem one as actually "immune" and protected. Lots of variables and I'm not going to try and give a lesson in immunology, but the misconception that "I had covid, therefore I'm immune and don't need the vaccine" or "I had covid and have natural immunity and am better than your vaccine immunity" is dangerous and incorrect.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

That's exactly the point. When you are exposed to something foreign, your body produces antibodies (if it's able to - there are folks who can't, cancer patients, transplant patients, certain other disease conditions, etc). You have IgM antibodies produced first to try and fight off the invader, then the IgG antibodies start getting made for longer term protection.

Just because you have antibodies, doesn't make you immune. You need the right kind of antibody and in high enough quantities to deem one as actually "immune" and protected. Lots of variables and I'm not going to try and give a lesson in immunology, but the misconception that "I had covid, therefore I'm immune and don't need the vaccine" or "I had covid and have natural immunity and am better than your vaccine immunity" is dangerous and incorrect.

Trust me I get it. I know someone who is living it. By the way proud to say my husband and myself are both vaccinated. I would never let any stranger on a thread lead me down a medical decision path. I have an excellent physician.

Edited by Goldconnection
Make corrections

8 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Agree with everything you said. I would like to add that even though Donald Trump and Melania had Covid, they were recommended to get vaccinated. They did get their vaccines so there is one very important example for people who have had Covid still need to be vaccinated for protection against moderate to severe symptoms of the virus.

In addition, there have been studies that have shown having the vaccine also protects against long haul Covid effects. Plus, some Covid long haulers have had a complete reversal of their long haul symptoms after they received the mRNA vaccine.

Some Covid Long Haulers See Relief After Vaccination

• Like 3

All this talk about natural immunity vs vaccinated immunity doesn't concern me at all. I had covid in November and the vaccine in March. I also see no problem with getting vaccinated every year. I have been getting the flu vaccine annually for years.

The only thing I'm worried about is coming up positive on a required covid test and maybe being denied boarding on a cruise or international flight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Goldconnection said:

Trust me I get it. I know someone who is living it. By the way proud to say my husband and myself are both vaccinated. I would never let any stranger on a thread lead me down a medical decision path. I have an excellent physician.

Same here.  I have personally known people who passed away last year, who would still be here today if they would have have been able to get a COVID shot.  Those I know who survived COVID are not remotely the same, health wise, as they were before contracting COVID.

Following quackery, someone on a news channel, FaceBook, etc for COVID advice is a fool’s game.

• Like 1