Should CCL follow NCL policy for Vaccinated passengers only?

crusinbanjo

This just in from the Wall Street Journal this morning.  NCL made "an appeal to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday, the company said it would require all passengers and crew to be vaccinated two weeks before coming on board and hopes to resume cruise operations from U.S. ports beginning July 4."  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccine-requirements-could-be-a-booster-for-norwegian-cruise-lines-11617705000?st=w880woo6rusg6yi&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

• Like 1

Yes, we'd also like to see all be required to be Vaccinated and hope the other Lines Mandate it.  I really feel for the Families with children under 16 yrs old who have Cruises booked and now will have to cancel their Booked Cruises.  However, it makes sense to restrict the Ships to Vaccinated Only.  

• Like 3

Yes, all passengers and crew must be vaccinated. I don't know why CCL is hesitating about this obvious restriction. My humble opinion is that lots of families sail on Carnival, not so much on Holland, and with kids not vaccinated they fear they will lose lots of money. It's a greed thing. So, let HAL ships sail with fully vaccinated passengers and crew - DH and I have 4 HAL cruises booked and we want to sail!

Wake up Carnival Corporation, there are more than enough fully vaccinated of us adults waiting to sail on your ships! There will probably be fewer passengers allowed to book anyway from what I have read.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

I believe that the difference with this thread is that it is comparing CCL to the other companies. At the infamous March 26 roundtable, CCL indicated that they would NOT require vaccinations. 

Yes, they indicated that they would NOT require vaccinations, except on sailings favoured by seniors. I wonder if that indicates planning a vaccine requirement for HAL, but not for Carnival?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

Yes, all passengers and crew must be vaccinated. I don't know why CCL is hesitating about this obvious restriction. My humble opinion is that lots of families sail on Carnival, not so much on Holland, and with kids not vaccinated they fear they will lose lots of money. It's a greed thing. So, let HAL ships sail with fully vaccinated passengers and crew - DH and I have 4 HAL cruises booked and we want to sail!

Wake up Carnival Corporation, there are more than enough fully vaccinated of us adults waiting to sail on your ships! There will probably be fewer passengers allowed to book anyway from what I have read.

Plus progress is being made in respect to have younger people vaccinated. It should not be that long. I hope they are intending to get approval for at least teens, and hopefully even younger children before the start of the next school year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I doubt the CDC will allow any cruise sip to sail without total vaccinations, whether Carnival likes it or not.

I agree and hope you are right.

I have 2 bookings with HAL.  If all passengers are not required to be vaccinated, I won’t be on those cruises.  Simple.  It’s a given for us and most that I know.

22 minutes ago, ehogan said:

We have several cruises booked for 2022.  If full vaccination of all passengers (including children and crew) is not required for these cruises we will be cancelling.

👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ehogan said:

We have several cruises booked for 2022.  If full vaccination of all passengers (including children and crew) is not required for these cruises we will be cancelling.

Same here

• Like 3

CCL Corp ships will never get started in 2021 sailing out of the US unless they fold and do as the others have done requiring ALL to be vaccinated. As far as I am concerned NCL and their ships sailing under NCLH have done the right thing and I applaud them to have the guts to do what they did yesterday. Prior to last week the cruises lines especially CCL Corp were wanting for the CDC to state that Vaccinations would be required so then they could blame the CDC and CCL would not be the bad buy telling those that refuse they could not sail. The cruise lines were essentially playing chicken on who was going to state it must be required first. CDC threw in back in the cruise lines court to take a stand. NCL hit a three pointer with their bold statement early yesterday. If CCL wants to continue playing they too will need to make this stand. Based on the article link above it does not appear they want to play. But rather may consider moving a few ships outside the US which is the opposite of previous statements from Christine Duffey.

I can only hope that HAL Group (HAL and Princess) decide that their crew and passengers come first and will take a different stand on this. But the clock is ticking and they need to make a move soon.  

• Like 6

Today we made a statement with our wallet on sailing aboard a 100% vaccinated cruise. Booked an 8-day Viking Ocean circumnavigation cruise of Iceland. It appears to be one of Viking's "test" markets and only offered this year.

Actually we had looked into a fly/drive trip to Iceland a few weeks ago when Iceland announced opening again and the fact that we were both fully vaccinated in February. Our 24-day HAL cruise in October has started looking dimmer and dimmer for actually sailing due to a combination of things. It is questionable if there will be any ports that can be visited plus no clear statements on vaccinations. I haven't cancelled it yet in case they actually do the canceling. The negative is that we would have made 4-star with it. Oh well, still have two with HAL for next year - providing they get their ducks in a row.

• Like 3

CCL's stance seems to be let the other lines do the heavy lifting and get the government to impose the order so they don't take the backlash.   Seems to be working as now NCLH is the one who went to the CDC.    I think if the CDC accepts NCLH's proposition CCL will waste no time in getting ready to sail   

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

Booked for 21 days in the Caribbean next February. Everyone should be vaccinated by then. But I have no desire to be wearing a mask on that cruise. Would be a deal breaker and force us to cancel. 

• Like 3