Jump to content

Should CCL follow NCL policy for Vaccinated passengers only?


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, iancal said:

There is a huge difference in getting on a plane for a few hours with a few hundred people and being on a cruise ship with 1800-3500 passengers and another 600 plus crew. 

But the COVID-19 is the same

 

Joseph

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

You must have missed the science? 🙄

I didn't miss the science,  I realize when fully vaccinated individuals catch COVID from others their chances of  death and hospitalizations are greatly reduced.  But I choose not to get sick in the first place by subjecting myself to folks that chose to be selfish.

By all means HappyinVan do as you please, just know.. I like y life and want it to continue SAFELY.

 

Joseph

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, Himself said:

I have a cruise scheduled for late November on the Nieuw Statendam.  I am making a phone call next week.  I getting the "Vaccine" ( Synthetic Pathogens, is what they are) is mandatory, I will cancel the cruise. 

 

Father, I seriously doubt it they will be able to tell you what will be mandatory in November at this stage.

Whatever you are told could well change between now and November IMO.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would appreciate it if HAL published their requirements before final payment date of when cruising resumes.  I think they could publish their most restrictive policy and then lessen them if things improve.  I agree with @kazuthat what they say today most likely will not apply in November.  At least we have a few months for HAL to keep us properly informed.  Personally we are assuming vaccination will be required and are ok with that as a requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crazy For Cats said:

 I think they could publish their most restrictive policy and then lessen them if things improve.

I agree with that! 👍🏼

Joseph

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I would appreciate it if HAL published their requirements before final payment date of when cruising resumes.  I think they could publish their most restrictive policy and then lessen them if things improve.  I agree with @kazuthat what they say today most likely will not apply in November.  At least we have a few months for HAL to keep us properly informed.  Personally we are assuming vaccination will be required and are ok with that as a requirement.

 

I agree with you Jake.  We should be advised of the rules before we make final payment.  It’s only fair.

 

If we are not, I doubt HAL will get mine to be honest.

 

DH and I need to know the rules that we have to play by.  I don’t mind playing ball with the right rules but if they are changed, I call foul ball 😉 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, Himself said:

I have a cruise scheduled for late November on the Nieuw Statendam.  I am making a phone call next week.  I getting the "Vaccine" ( Synthetic Pathogens, is what they are) is mandatory, I will cancel the cruise. 

All vaccines are pathogens.  7th grade biology.  You never had a vaccine as a child?  Weakened polio virus had a vaccine.  Nobody wanted that?  Never walk again?  Yikes.  Sorry, but these arguments are just ridiculous. It's a shame you will not be cruising and hurting the rest of us with your antivaccer thing going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rucrazy said:

I didn't miss the science,  I realize when fully vaccinated individuals catch COVID from others their chances of  death and hospitalizations are greatly reduced.  But I choose not to get sick in the first place by subjecting myself to folks that chose to be selfish.

By all means HappyinVan do as you please, just know.. I like y life and want it to continue SAFELY.

 

Joseph

 

Sorry. I misunderstood your post. I'm glad that we are both concerned about safety first. 👍

Edited by HappyInVan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Seabourn, a member of the Holland America Group, requiring vaccinations for their sailings out of Greece?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious why those who refuse to get vaccinated are being attacked as selfish and putting the rest of us at risk.  Aren't they only putting themselves at risk?  If you and all your loved ones are vaccinated, why such a visceral reaction against those who've made a different choice?  My wife has had both her shots, and my daughter and I have had our first one--we researched what the EUA really means and became comfortable with getting the vaccine.  But I fully recognize that other intelligent people may NOT be comfortable with getting an injection that hasn't been through the full set of time-tested and proven techniques modern science has developed to ensure safety of a vaccine.  

 

This just seems like the next step in the moral superiority that started with masking.  "If you don't wear a mask, you're a selfish jerk!"  I can at least see the logic in that case, although the simple-minded reliance on masks always perplexed me.  And I also thought a much more polite approach would work better than the attempted shaming which basically puts people immediately on the defensive and is likely to get them to dig in their heels rather than to listen.

 

I've seen a couple of posts here along the lines of "if you're so selfish you're not going to get vaccinated, just stay home and stop putting the rest of us at risk".  First of all, how selfish is THAT to make such a statement?!  Second, if an individual is personally so afraid of catching COVID-19, *even after being vaccinated* that they're afraid to be out in public, aren't THEY the one who should be staying home?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

I'm curious why those who refuse to get vaccinated are being attacked as selfish and putting the rest of us at risk.  Aren't they only putting themselves at risk?  If you and all your loved ones are vaccinated, why such a visceral reaction against those who've made a different choice?  My wife has had both her shots, and my daughter and I have had our first one--we researched what the EUA really means and became comfortable with getting the vaccine.  But I fully recognize that other intelligent people may NOT be comfortable with getting an injection that hasn't been through the full set of time-tested and proven techniques modern science has developed to ensure safety of a vaccine.  

 

This just seems like the next step in the moral superiority that started with masking.  "If you don't wear a mask, you're a selfish jerk!"  I can at least see the logic in that case, although the simple-minded reliance on masks always perplexed me.  And I also thought a much more polite approach would work better than the attempted shaming which basically puts people immediately on the defensive and is likely to get them to dig in their heels rather than to listen.

 

I've seen a couple of posts here along the lines of "if you're so selfish you're not going to get vaccinated, just stay home and stop putting the rest of us at risk".  First of all, how selfish is THAT to make such a statement?!  Second, if an individual is personally so afraid of catching COVID-19, *even after being vaccinated* that they're afraid to be out in public, aren't THEY the one who should be staying home?

Well said, The levels of vicious personal attacks on this thread are beyond disgusting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Well said, The levels of vicious personal attacks on this thread are beyond disgusting. 

Yes, they are and very disturbing!  Very sad!  

 

@iceman93Great post!  100% Agree!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iceman93 said:

I'm curious why those who refuse to get vaccinated are being attacked as selfish and putting the rest of us at risk.  Aren't they only putting themselves at risk?  If you and all your loved ones are vaccinated, why such a visceral reaction against those who've made a different choice?  My wife has had both her shots, and my daughter and I have had our first one--we researched what the EUA really means and became comfortable with getting the vaccine.  But I fully recognize that other intelligent people may NOT be comfortable with getting an injection that hasn't been through the full set of time-tested and proven techniques modern science has developed to ensure safety of a vaccine.  

 

 

I think the main issue is that the vaccine is not 100% effective. So those who fail to get a vaccine are putting all of us at risk for the more contagious variants. Failure to reach "herd immunity" makes it more likely that we will have more variants which are more resistant to the vaccine. All of that puts us back at "square two". Not really where we were in the summer/fall but taking numerous steps backward potentially. 

I think the "nastiness" is possibly due to the Covid fatigue that all of us are suffering from. (but maybe some people are just nasty. 🙂 )

Edited by mtnlvr53
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a cruise thread.  I personally don't care if people don't want to be vaccinated.  I think the point is that there are those of us who are don't want them on the same cruise, since we will miss ports if there is a covid outbreak on board.  It certainly would ruin the cruise and hurt the industry again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I certainly have no issue with those who decide not to get the vaccine.

 

But, I do not want to hear them whine, complain, snivel or suggest that they should be given an exception by those carriers and those countries that insist on a vaccination.   Or worse...go on and on and on about their 'rights'

 

In the past we have had several serious measles outbreaks where we live.  Now, most school boards make proof of  MMR a condition of enrollment.  Those parents who do not vaccinate their children simply make alternate arrangements for their  education.

 

 Get past all the rhetoric and it comes down to making a choice and living with the consequences.

Edited by iancal
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, iceman93 said:

I'm curious why those who refuse to get vaccinated are being attacked as selfish and putting the rest of us at risk.  Aren't they only putting themselves at risk?  If you and all your loved ones are vaccinated, why such a visceral reaction against those who've made a different choice?  My wife has had both her shots, and my daughter and I have had our first one--we researched what the EUA really means and became comfortable with getting the vaccine.  But I fully recognize that other intelligent people may NOT be comfortable with getting an injection that hasn't been through the full set of time-tested and proven techniques modern science has developed to ensure safety of a vaccine.  

 

This just seems like the next step in the moral superiority that started with masking.  "If you don't wear a mask, you're a selfish jerk!"  I can at least see the logic in that case, although the simple-minded reliance on masks always perplexed me.  And I also thought a much more polite approach would work better than the attempted shaming which basically puts people immediately on the defensive and is likely to get them to dig in their heels rather than to listen.

 

I've seen a couple of posts here along the lines of "if you're so selfish you're not going to get vaccinated, just stay home and stop putting the rest of us at risk".  First of all, how selfish is THAT to make such a statement?!  Second, if an individual is personally so afraid of catching COVID-19, *even after being vaccinated* that they're afraid to be out in public, aren't THEY the one who should be staying home?

It would appear to me that the shaming goes both ways.  "Simple-minded reliance"?  Really?  I believe, and will continue to believe, that those who disregarded health protocols and guidance during this pandemic were and are very selfish individuals.  There was plenty of shaming going around, in all walks of life, against those that abided by the protocols and guidance.   I haven't seen a "polite approach" from any of those individuals.  The truth of the matter is that vaccinations are the key to resuming a normal life in this country, and that in order to achieve herd immunity we are relying on our fellow citizens, in sufficient numbers, to get vaccinated.  If we don't achieve herd immunity because of vaccine hesitancy then it is fair to turn the finger of blame that direction.  Fully vaccinated sailings are the key to the safe return of cruising.  And, despite the cries that it is unfair by those who want to remain unvaccinated, it will be the way forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

No. If you’re vaccinated, shouldn’t make any difference if other passengers  are. Crew should be  only because of staffing issues if they get sick.  If you’re vulnerable, it’s your own responsibility to cruise or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janmcn said:

No. If you’re vaccinated, shouldn’t make any difference if other passengers  are. Crew should be  only because of staffing issues if they get sick.  If you’re vulnerable, it’s your own responsibility to cruise or not.

 

This is why:

 

On 4/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, mtnlvr53 said:

I think the main issue is that the vaccine is not 100% effective. So those who fail to get a vaccine are putting all of us at risk for the more contagious variants. Failure to reach "herd immunity" makes it more likely that we will have more variants which are more resistant to the vaccine. All of that puts us back at "square two". Not really where we were in the summer/fall but taking numerous steps backward potentially. 

I think the "nastiness" is possibly due to the Covid fatigue that all of us are suffering from. (but maybe some people are just nasty. 🙂 )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...