Caribbean Princess or Celebrity Equinox

rkatz100

I am deciding on a cruise in July 2021, yes this year if they sail

My wife and I are in our fifties and we are taking our daughter who is 20 and she will have her own inside cabin, while we will have a balcony

Normally we do NCL or RC , but RC has no good deals and the NCL we have done the Breakaway 4 times already

what cruise do you feel is better for my daughter so she wont go crazy

I'm leaning to princess as I like the itinerary and everything is included with no up sell on alcohol package 

Please post your thoughts

1 hour ago, rkatz100 said:

I am deciding on a cruise in July 2021, yes this year if they sail

My wife and I are in our fifties and we are taking our daughter who is 20 and she will have her own inside cabin, while we will have a balcony

Normally we do NCL or RC , but RC has no good deals and the NCL we have done the Breakaway 4 times already

what cruise do you feel is better for my daughter so she wont go crazy

I'm leaning to princess as I like the itinerary and everything is included with no up sell on alcohol package 

Please post your thoughts

Are you not aware of the current status of the CDC’s “no sail” order and restart requirements?

FDR is all over the news today with his new pitch to the CDC. Even if it works, you can bet that the earliest we’ll see ships back to any semblance of normal will be the fourth quarter of this year.

Equinox...or any Solstice class ship in a heartbeat!    We like both and are something on both but Equinox is a big favourite of ours.

When we narrow down our choices for cruise to two or three questions DW's very first question is......are any of them Celebrity Solstice class ships?    That pretty much decides it, all things being equal or almost equal.

Edited by iancal

I will ignore the COVID issue (there will not likely be any cruises out of American ports in July) and focus on the two ships (we have cruised on both).  As much as I do like Princess (we are Elite for many years) the Caribbean Princess is one of my least favorite Princess ships.  Princess took the great Grand Princess design and added an additional passenger deck without any major increase in public space.  To me the Caribbean Princess felt crowded.  As to the Equinox, we love all the Solstice Class ships which we think is one of the best large ship layouts.  My major complaint about Celebrity has to do with their current CEO and all the cut-backs (in quality) that have happened under her reign.  But post COVID nobody has any idea what will change regarding quality.  All things being equal we would recommend the Equinox.  On the other hand, if the Caribbean Princess is forced to operate with a lower occupancy rate (such as 60%) then we would be happy with either ship.

Hank